Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

I’m from Maryland and went to Hershey Park the Sunday of Labor Day weekend. It was a freaking disaster. Wall to wall people. Mask compliance horrible. 2 hour waits were standard. Disney in August was a dream, that was a nightmare. Trying out Busch Gardens Williamsburg today. Fingers crossed that will be better!
Yikes!!

They were never legally obligated to wear a mask. Visitors to Disney property who don’t run risk of being kicked out by Disney- not sued or thrown in jail- just kicked off the property. Disney can trespass you at their choice.
Individual jurisdictions were able to enforce masks even in public spaces. Like Orange County or others. If you didn’t you were fined. Now the governor specifically suspended any fines or penalties for not wearing a mask. Private business could always kick someone out, but that doesn’t help if you just want to walk down the streets or go to park or waiting outside a store/restaurant.

Disney publicly stated they are not changing anything at this time and that masks are still required.

Exactly especially with union agreements. All the people on social media thinking this means Disney’s tossing it all out the window are looney.

If anything I think that just gives more credibility to Disney as a safe business. They’re going to operate safely no matter what. Don’t really need the state government controlling their every step- they’re going to do the right thing. So maybe Newsom should just get out of the way and let them...

I have a question, hopefully it's not dumb lol

Who is Abby? Is she a regular on the DIS? I keep reading about her here and wondered how so many were friends or knew of her. I've heard of Maynard before on here and actually met him at rope drop (actually more like saw him, I didn't interact...had my competitive eye on the prize of Indiana Jones haha!) one time, but haven't heard of an Abby prior to this thread.
I only heard about her from here lol. She’s a very nice plaid CM. She works in DTD. Not sure where she normally works when the parks are open. I’m here now and don’t see her so she’s probably off.

On another forum, there was talk that Disney should pack up its company and Disneyland and move to another state, possibly Texas. It sounds absurd, but financially speaking, it sounds like it's going to become the most prudent decision, since, according to the people on that forum, Disney is in a state/city that doesn't want them.

On another forum, there was talk that Disney should pack up its company and Disneyland and move to another state, possibly Texas. It sounds absurd, but financially speaking, it sounds like it's going to become the most prudent decision, since, according to the people on that forum, Disney is in a state/city that doesn't want them.

This is absolutely ridiculous thinking. How do you "pack up Disneyland?"

It’s financially absurd to relocate DLR.

That's a real bummer about Florida. I definitely feel bad for Disney trying to enforce regulations. Does this mean that visitors who choose not to wear masks are now not legally obligated to comply with Disney mask rules? It's private property, but what about law enforcement assisting with the removal of guests. Sounds like a huge mess.
Disney can remove and trespass anyone from their property. They can make the rules like you have to wear a mask, you can't smoke pot on their property (even if it is legal), and no fighting, and they can remove you. They pay to have police presence on property. So, it won't be a problem, other than people whining about it, like so many do at DLR.
I have a question, hopefully it's not dumb lol

Who is Abby? Is she a regular on the DIS? I keep reading about her here and wondered how so many were friends or knew of her. I've heard of Maynard before on here and actually met him at rope drop (actually more like saw him, I didn't interact...had my competitive eye on the prize of Indiana Jones haha!) one time, but haven't heard of an Abby prior to this thread.
I only heard about her from here lol. She’s a very nice plaid CM. She works in DTD. Not sure where she normally works when the parks are open. I’m here now and don’t see her so she’s probably off.
Abby is a senior VIP tour guide. She also works Adventures by Disney, and was due to head to China for ABD just a couple weeks after the lock down. She has been my tour guide for about 10 years when we joke she was a baby guide (she had just come to CA from FL college program.). There was a thread in the ABD forum about her when she had a very bad car accident in Feb 2019. She was very lucky she wasn't killed. After she was released from the hospital, she had a follow up where they discovered an issue and the doctor said (not knowing Abby's job) "Well, it isn't that dangerous, you just can't ride roller coasters." When my daughter and I were talking about it in the car, before we could go any further, my granddaughter (8) piped up with "Don't they know what she does for a living??" Abby rode with her on Screamin' 5 times in a row when she finally made the height requirement when she was 5. OC Register did an article on her. https://www.ocregister.com/2019/05/...eon-uses-new-technique-to-fix-carotid-artery/

She is a sweetheart and calls me her "West coast mom".

She is currently working DTD as she has the perfect ability to remind people to keep their masks on properly. They get insulted, heckled, harassed, and more. But she does a great job.

She has been in many roles at DLR, but she loves being a guide. She is very helpful, even when she is off duty!
5282821601167927537.png

Reminder for everyone participating in this thread: Please keep your posts on topic. This is not the thread to discuss COVID per se, COVID testing and how to get it, and Aulani. The Aulani posts have been moved to their own thread: WDW vs. Aulani (Also, there is a board for Aulani where you can take that discussion and all your questions.) This thread is mainly for discussion about DLR's reopening and speculation about that.
So let's get back to that discussion!

But is there a source for an official public statement from Disney?
I haven’t seen one. That’s the only one I saw posted. Another moderator has a daughter as a CM, and an internal email was sent to staff saying rules are still the same at this time even with Phase 3. So that’s the most “official”. I’m sure in the coming days we will hear more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter