• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

So adding this speculation and it all comes from a dream last night. I do some of my best thinking in dreams... I promise I will tie it to Disney.

So I am not sure where LA county is numbers wise (I know they are still in purple). So in my dream, it was revealed that the governor will not release the theme park guidelines until LA county at least is out of purple and it was due to not wanting to let disneyland or knotts or sea world Open before universal or magic mountain and that ultimately he wants them out of purple before that can happen. In the dream , the governor did not want to deal with the blow back or fall out of letting Disneyland and Knotts open but not Universal even with proof that universal opened safely in FL.

seriously probably means nothing but I have weird dreams that sometimes the results match the dream but may not be the exact path to get to the results. Still hoping that it will open for my 10/22-10/23 and 11/16-11/18 vgc reservations.

So adding this speculation and it all comes from a dream last night. I do some of my best thinking in dreams... I promise I will tie it to Disney.

So I am not sure where LA county is numbers wise (I know they are still in purple). So in my dream, it was revealed that the governor will not release the theme park guidelines until LA county at least is out of purple and it was due to not wanting to let disneyland or knotts or sea world Open before universal or magic mountain and that ultimately he wants them out of purple before that can happen. In the dream , the governor did not want to deal with the blow back or fall out of letting Disneyland and Knotts open but not Universal even with proof that universal opened safely in FL.

seriously probably means nothing but I have weird dreams that sometimes the results match the dream but may not be the exact path to get to the results. Still hoping that it will open for my 10/22-10/23 and 11/16-11/18 vgc reservations.
This has crossed my mind. I'm 100% sure that Orange County and San Diego County would open their theme parks right away, no matter the color they are in. However...LA county is going SO SLOW! Things are still closed even if the state allows them to be open. So I could see other parks being open but Universal and Six Flags not being allowed to simply because of the county they are located in. The only way I can see around this would be him allowing to theme parks to be open state-wide, AND take away the authority of local counties to keep them closed. I don't think he would do that, but it's 2020, anything can happen. The good thing though is that LA county hasn't seen a surge since Labor Day, so hopefully that means the Socal region is in a good position to open a sector that causes a lot of people to move around and travel.

So I am not sure where LA county is numbers wise (I know they are still in purple). So in my dream, it was revealed that the governor will not release the theme park guidelines until LA county at least is out of purple

Since some are saying that Theme Park openings won't be tied to the tiers (which I don't see how they won't be but that is speculation) I have a feeling that you aren't far off. With LA in purple and San Diego on the edge of going back to purple, I would not be surprised that Theme Park Guidance not being released until all affected counties are all in Red (or even Orange, my guess for when they will be allowed). In the past (before tiers) guidance was not released until the week before they industry was allowed to reopen.

Fresh Baked posted a new video this evening and they've got SOCIAL DISTANCING MARKERS ON THE GROUND AT THE DL MAIN GATE! It's not all throughout the Esplanade and it's not on the DCA side, but there's SOMETHING! And there is an 'ENTER HERE' sign at the entrance to the 5 and dime store in DCA.

What I’m interested to know is if there is a spike in cases would theme parks have to re-close :( But then again maybe if theme parks operate differently from the color tierd system it wouldn’t matter.
I think once a park is open, it's hard to close it down again.
I think Hong Kong was a political exception in the powerplay and political unrest between China and Hong Kong.
But Paris is still open, WDW is still open, while figures are or were very bad during at some point.
I am surprised Paris is open and have started their Halloween season, as Europe is in their second wave now. But here it is.

I think once a park is open, it's hard to close it down again.
People say this but is has already happened with some business sectors. Not sure why it is thought that Theme Parka are special in this regard. I also feel that this could be a reason that they don’t allow Theme Parks to open. If they can’t reclose them then they shouldn’t be open.

People say this but is has already happened with some business sectors. Not sure why it is thought that Theme Parka are special in this regard. I also feel that this could be a reason that they don’t allow Theme Parks to open. If they can’t reclose them then they shouldn’t be open.
I think because people are saying theme parks aren’t subjected to the color system. Sectors in the color system may have to close if you move backwards.

I think this is because theme parks have taken many more measures than the average businesses, and work together with governments. I felt safer in Disneyland Paris than I my supermarket, so to speak. It's not just the measures, they have more staff paying attention to everyone obeying the rules.

For WDW, the first weeks the resort was open, Florida's figures were insane and went from bad to worse. But it didn't close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter