Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

There was supposed to be a discount released for the hotels today, right? I went on the Disneyland website and couldn't find it. Maybe they'll release later today

There was supposed to be a discount released for the hotels today, right? I went on the Disneyland website and couldn't find it. Maybe they'll release later today

I’m keeping my eye out for that too so I can call Get Away Today to price match it. When someone sees it pop up please post it! 🥰

So I called, last week there was a 30% on weekday, and 20% on weekends for existing hotel only stays. Today was supposed to be the same for packages, but when I called at open, the system didn't have the discounts yet. I was told to call back at lunch and dinner to check. For us this is almost $1,000... hoping we can get it!

Governor Newsom is speaking today at noon; I can’t guarantee it will have anything to do with theme park guidance, but I thought I would share for those that are hopeful like myself😂
Well, he is finally getting pressure from the parks about it. So who knows? I was thinking about theme parks like a small city....they have restaurants, shops, "transportation". I'm still scratching my head as to why they can't reopen? First, we know Disney is amazing at keeping their parks clean. I would feel more comfortable there than some other places. Second. I don't see why Disney can't operate restaurants, shops etc. the same way they do outside the gates. Transportation. Didn't someone on this thread say a while ago that the powers that be considered Disneyland rides to be "transportation"? Anyway, sorry about the rambling. Hoping to hear great news today as well. :wave2:

Same here. If we don't get news this week I am just going to commit do our Disney World November trip and cancel the Disneyland trip for November.
Make sure you get your dining for Nov WDW if you haven’t already. I thought it would be easy so I didn’t push it but now I’m sans Topolino’s & Beaches & Cream 😔 (fingers crossed for Touring Plans Finder)

Make sure you get your dining for Nov WDW if you haven’t already. I thought it would be easy so I didn’t push it but now I’m sans Topolino’s & Beaches & Cream 😔 (fingers crossed for Touring Plans Finder)

I forgot to do it earlier this month when we hit 60 days out and most places are full already :( but probably due to limited seating for social distancing. I am re checking daily though.

edit: Wahoo I just checked Be Our Guest and was able to get a reservation for the day we are going to Magic kingdom.

Last edited:
Here's the YouTube link for those interested in the news conference today.

There are fires up in Napa that got pretty bad yesterday and they have ordered a lot of evacuations. There is a big part of me that doubts he'll make a Theme Park announcement amidst big fires and evacuations.

Is David Koenig / Mice Chat banned on this site? David posted on micechat but I don't want to post if its prohibited...

Is David Koenig / Mice Chat banned on this site? David posted on micechat but I don't want to post if its prohibited...

Use the Preview button before posting. If the link displays in Preview, then it's not filtered. :thumbsup2

Not sure but the meat and potatoes of the post was Disneyland has installed several safety measures for opening, they have a lot of seasonal merchandise from the summer they need to unload, and November 6th is the rumored targeted opening date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter