Disneyland Resort Express Bus

rosiep

<font color=deeppink>I don't drink, I try to conve
Has anyone used this service lately? It's the shuttle bus from LAX to Anaheim resort area hotels.

Thanks

If you go to their website there is a coupon for $3 of per person that you can print.
I used them a few years ago and it was fine and I will be using the service next week when I go.

We used them last January. it was fine, although I hate waiting for a bus, but the ride was good. It worked for us because we were staying at the DLH, however, if you stay somewhere else, they send you to DLH first and then either continue on or transfer you. That I would not like.

Abby: I'm staying at PPH. I heard it's one of the first three stops...I hope that's true...you know how it can be with an impatient child (ME! :teeth: )[/QUOTE]

I know that's why I hate waiting for the bus, I want to be there now, (we are from Portland also......)

I hate waiting for buses too.. lol.. Should I look into renting a car instead?

I'll be going from LAX to the Hojo..

nerdboyrockstar said:

My friends just did that exact same thing. They didn't report any problems. next time i talk to them, I'll ask, though, in case there was something they didn't mention.

nerdboyrockstar said:

the only thing I hate more then waiting for a bus is driving in LA traffic on those freeways, Unless you need a car for something else, I would advise against renting.......

abby said:
the only thing I hate more then waiting for a bus is driving in LA traffic on those freeways, Unless you need a car for something else, I would advise against renting.......

Oh, I totally agree. I'm originally from NYC..I didn't learn to drive until I was 30 and moved to Portland. Large city traffic spooks me.

abby said:

We rented it last time... drove to San Diego, the Coronado area, Hollywood, Santa Monica, Downtown, up some mountains.. it was great. We just need to get from LAX to Disneyland and we'd also like to do a day at Universal.. But I think it's possible to get a shuttle to take us to and from too..

I might look into prices for car rental again..

nerdboyrockstar said:
We rented it last time... drove to San Diego, the Coronado area, Hollywood, Santa Monica, Downtown, up some mountains.. it was great. We just need to get from LAX to Disneyland and we'd also like to do a day at Universal.. But I think it's possible to get a shuttle to take us to and from too..

I might look into prices for car rental again..

Universal sells tickets online that includes a free shuttle that will pick you up at any Disney area hotel. You have to but tickets online and you can't add onto previously bought tickets. Hope this helps

I've used this shuttle service twice with mixed results. The first time, the driver drove right by my sister and I and never stopped, so we had to wait another half hour.

The second time we were picked up fine, but it made quite a few stops on the way back to the airport.

For someone who is not familiar with Southern California, I think it's nice, since I would be completely lost with a rental and a cab will cost a fortune.

Blackhawkhobbes said:
If you go to their website there is a coupon for $3 of per person that you can print.
I used them a few years ago and it was fine and I will be using the service next week when I go.

Is the bus cheaper then the super shuttle? We (5 of us) are arriving in LA on Saturday and are staying at the PPH. I was thinking about a Limo from the airport to the hotel so there wouldn't be any stops, but if the disney properties are some of the first stops then this sounds promising! Does the website list prices? :dance3:

Supershuttle is cheaper than the bus from SNA and often there is less of a wait. If you have AAA, SuperShuttle has a discount as well.

rosiep said:
http://www.airportbus.com/coupons.cfm

http://www.airportbus.com/

Abby: I'm staying at PPH. I heard it's one of the first three stops...I hope that's true...you know how it can be with an impatient child (ME! :teeth: )
We took this bus two weeks ago and PPH was the 2nd stop Disneyland hotel was the 1st. GC was third and then after that it was farthest from DH to closest. We were going HOJO and wer the last dropped off but we didn't mind we just slept the whole way. I would recommend not prepaying however because when we were there we just missed the bus and had to wait. Several other shuttles and busses that were going to Disneyland came but because we prepaid we couldn't just hop on any of them.
Also about renting a car, if you're comfortable I would say go for it. We rented a car from Anaheim to take to Universal Studios and it was easy and we're from Canada! Canada has way wider lanes and about half the traffic. My DH did grow up in Texas and he did do all the driving though...but nevertheless it was a piece of cake, just know where you're going before you get on the freeway and you should be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter