Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

Noticed on the Disney+ special they were only showing preferred rooms available in Sept. at Music and Movies but regular rooms were showing at Sports; also were still showing the old beds and decor for those rooms at Sports, makes you think they're not in any hurry to get it renovated.

Last edited:
Noticed on the Disney+ special they were only showing preferred rooms available in Sept. at Music and Movies but regular rooms were showing at Sports; also were still showing the old beds and decor for those rooms at Sports, makes you think they're not in any hurry to get it renovated.
Movies Standard sold out quickly, while I was trying to book it the first day of sale. Music Standard must have sold out too then. While many of us are aware of the renovation status of Sports vs. the other Values, there are probably plenty of people who will book Sports and not know.

All about saving $ for Disney, regarding not doing the refurb during a 2+ year down period. They closed several resorts to cut costs. You'd think they would have taken advantage of the shutdown to finish the remodel.

Just spoke to a CM who was very surprised I wanted to move from Music to Sports with the old rooms at Sports:). I told her I'm weird. I had said that don't like Music's narrow layout, the theming, and 2nd position between the All Stars (we last stayed there Nov 21). I value Sport's 1st bus stop more than the newer rooms. I said that I think Sports being unpopular could give me a better shot at an early check in and a little closer room to food court. I told her the wood floors in the new rooms may be a little louder above you. I enjoy coffee at night in my room, but maybe I'll sleep a little better this way (and I can at least get the one from food court if I pack my mug in my bag).

Still hopeful another sale for AP and the late summer early fall sales.

I do like that it is the first bus stop when it is stopping at multiple resorts.
I could be reaching, but I feel like us hardcore rope droppers, are impacted by generally staying in the lower season (Sept), with fewer people out at the bus stop at 6:30am (sometimes just us), and depending on factors like if there is another same park bus on its way soon or not, our bus may also stop at Music & Movies, and potentially sit and wait to fill up and take longer. And the All Star buses right after fireworks/HS show can be fun too. This is why we thought about paying the extra $303 for Pop for Sept., to avoid the All Star bus mess. I mean, sure, we like Pop better, but I generally just want a decent place to sleep and I'd rather spend extra money on other things. I have a good friend who avoids AS completely just because of the bus sharing.

On the flip side, this past Nov. at Music, we did end up catching a Movies bus multiple times and walked next door, after waiting extensively and no Music buses showing up.

During my recent conversation with CM when switching from Music to Sports. She had said, "who knows, maybe Sports reno will be done by the time you get there in Sept." I almost laughed in response: "yeah right, I feel like if Disney was going to do it, they would have done it in the 2+ years it was shuttered." Felt sort of guilty afterwards, voicing my opinion, but why would they reopen just to shut down at least parts of the hotel for construction.

Still hopeful that they start the renovations soon. But if rooms keep filling up they will probably push it off.
Only time will tell.

I just got back form a weekend stay at Sports and wanted to provide an update on the resort. I stayed in a standard room in Center Court (the tennis section) and it was a non-renovated room. It did appear that they were mainly placing guests in Center Court and Hoops Hotel (for standard rooms) and Surfs Up (for Preferred rooms). It didn't appear like there were many guests staying in Touchdown or Homerun Hotel. I'm not sure if this is due to capacity restrictions on booking or what, but it did appear that they were doing something to some of these rooms as the MB/card readers had been removed from a lot of the Touchdown rooms. Also, despite the rumors of a soft goods refurb, I do not believe that is the case. Everything in my room did look nice, but I believe it is simply the result of a deep clean of the rooms rather than new soft goods, as the curtains and carpet were definitely not new.

IMG-0937.jpg

There is one exciting room addition I saw. On Friday and Saturday, Housekeeping was busy as work putting together and placing coffee makers in the rooms! I never got one in my room, so I assume they were adding them as current guests checked out. These are exactly the same as are in the other value resorts.

Finally, an update on the bus situation. Disney is once again running separate buses to the three All-Stars at park opening and closing. With the exception of Magic Kingdom, the other parks tended to have shared buses during non-peak times of the day. The buses to Disney Springs tended to still be shared between all three resorts.

I just got back form a weekend stay at Sports and wanted to provide an update on the resort. I stayed in a standard room in Center Court (the tennis section) and it was a non-renovated room. It did appear that they were mainly placing guests in Center Court and Hoops Hotel (for standard rooms) and Surfs Up (for Preferred rooms). It didn't appear like there were many guests staying in Touchdown or Homerun Hotel. I'm not sure if this is due to capacity restrictions on booking or what, but it did appear that they were doing something to some of these rooms as the MB/card readers had been removed from a lot of the Touchdown rooms. Also, despite the rumors of a soft goods refurb, I do not believe that is the case. Everything in my room did look nice, but I believe it is simply the result of a deep clean of the rooms rather than new soft goods, as the curtains and carpet were definitely not new.

View attachment 663511

There is one exciting room addition I saw. On Friday and Saturday, Housekeeping was busy as work putting together and placing coffee makers in the rooms! I never got one in my room, so I assume they were adding them as current guests checked out. These are exactly the same as are in the other value resorts.

Finally, an update on the bus situation. Disney is once again running separate buses to the three All-Stars at park opening and closing. With the exception of Magic Kingdom, the other parks tended to have shared buses during non-peak times of the day. The buses to Disney Springs tended to still be shared between all three resorts.
Thanks for the update :)!

View attachment 663511

Thanks for the update. That's cool about the coffee. Did you try to request a lower floor or closer room w/ or w/out success? Did you note how early the buses were running in the am?

I can't help on the request front, as I did not put in any requests, but I ended up getting a first floor room in building 4. I do know that when I checked in (at about 12:30 pm), the CM did a great job of finding me a room that was ready for me to check-in.

The buses were relatively consistent for early park entry. I only rope-dropped Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom. In all instances the first bus showed up approximately 1 hour to 1:15 prior to the start of early theme park entry.

I can't help on the request front, as I did not put in any requests, but I ended up getting a first floor room in building 4. I do know that when I checked in (at about 12:30 pm), the CM did a great job of finding me a room that was ready for me to check-in.

The buses were relatively consistent for early park entry. I only rope-dropped Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom. In all instances the first bus showed up approximately 1 hour to 1:15 prior to the start of early theme park entry.
Thanks. 1st floor would help the tired feet a little.

With AK being a 7am early entry, being out there at about 5:30-5:45am would be interesting with it still be dark out. Our last trip, I think 8am AK, 7:30 early, was the earliest park, with us typically obtaining 1st bus around 6:30 am, and being out there about 6:15.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/disney-visa-summer-2022-room-offer/details/

For anyone else having trouble finding the new Chase Disney Visa Card sale announced today. I had gone to the official site and couldn't find it, so chatted to get this link.

Looks like only Sports is available for All Stars, with Music/Movies preferred and standard not available, at least for our early Sept dates. I thought maybe they'd allot more rooms for this sale, but maybe not and just expanding availability to the public after the Disney+ sale. Pop is available at 10% off instead of 15% from the + sale, Sports was the same price.

I just returned on Saturday from a week long stay, April 9-16. I booked Standard and asked for a 1st floor room. I got my room ready text at 6:30 am Saturday morning. It was for a 1st floor room in Homeroom area building 8. The room had not been renovated but had updated soft items including the carpet. It had a funny smell and I couldn't quite place it, maybe new paint but maybe some mildew. I did not stay the night in the room because at 10 pm when I went to shower I discovered it did not have hot water. I walked back to the front and was moved to another room in building 8 on the second floor. After a long day of traveling and playing in DHS and moving rooms I did not make it to bed until after midnight. This was the worst thing to happen and have no complaints after it.

The busses did run very well and have no complaints. We did share buses with the other All Stars during the day, so I loved being the first stop.

I really do hope they renovate these rooms. I missed all the extra storage in the other renovated rooms.

Im so confused the rooms here have not all been updated to match the others? was about to move from pop to Sports.

Im so confused the rooms here have not all been updated to match the others? was about to move from pop to Sports.
According to the 2 CMs I've spoken to, none of the Sports rooms have been renovated with the wood floors, 2x queens (1 pull down), and etc., like the renovated All Star Music/Movies and Pop rooms. That's based on the CMs seeing only the double bed rooms available. The Sports rooms have only been deep cleaned during the down period, and now reportedly adding coffee makers this month. There's some speculation that they may work on some of the buildings while staying open, but nothing has been confirmed.

According to the 2 CMs I've spoken to, none of the Sports rooms have been renovated with the wood floors, 2x queens (1 pull down), and etc., like the renovated All Star Music/Movies and Pop rooms. That's based on the CMs seeing only the double bed rooms available. The Sports rooms have only been deep cleaned during the down period, and now reportedly adding coffee makers this month. There's some speculation that they may work on some of the buildings while staying open, but nothing has been confirmed.
Thanks very much. That seems a huge waste in downtime that could have been used to carry out the work. Guess i will move to music. Shame as i liked the bus pick ups and drop offs when sharing and walking to mcds was quicker.

Thanks very much. That seems a huge waste in downtime that could have been used to carry out the work. Guess i will move to music. Shame as i liked the bus pick ups and drop offs when sharing and walking to mcds was quicker.
I've seen others mention walking to the McD's before. Is it a normal McD's or inflated Disney priced McD's with limited menu? I can see wanting to satisfy kids' craving for a happy meal once or twice. As long as sidewalks the whole way, it doesn't seem too far away.

I've seen others mention walking to the McD's before. Is it a normal McD's or inflated Disney priced McD's with limited menu? I can see wanting to satisfy kids' craving for a happy meal once or twice. As long as sidewalks the whole way, it doesn't seem too far away.
The prices are a little higher. But I didn’t remember them being outrageous and they offer a full menu or at least the things my family wanted.

I use the MD for breakfast and or puddings on days i dont want to pay the mouse. Dinner wise there isnt alot in it but its just another option if you dont want to leave the resort. You can sure walk from the other all stars. Just sports was closest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter