• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

WEDWDW Thanks for the update. AWESOME!!!!!!!
No problem.

The Resort is really coming together-they have installed brand new Bus Stop signs and the Bus Boards were turned on when we walked by on the way to McDonalds.

They were also painting the "letters".

It looked like the Resort was getting a lot of TLC.

Saw some Cast Members coming out of Sport Goofy-guessing they were getting it back in shape.

I think the Resort is going to look as good as it has looked since it originally opened when it reopens on March 31!

I just booked for April 9-16. Going down to spend some time with DD who is doing a Disney Professional Internship. Hoping the rooms are refurbed.

I just booked for April 9-16. Going down to spend some time with DD who is doing a Disney Professional Internship. Hoping the rooms are refurbed.
Congrats to DD-how exciting!

I would be SHOCKED if all 10 Buildings are not refurbed by March 31.

To be safe request Building 10-we KNOW it will be ready!lol:)

(On a side note-that First Floor,Corner Room in Building 10 is probably the best Room at Sports-10 SECONDS max from the Bus Stops!)

Congrats to DD-how exciting!

I would be SHOCKED if all 10 Buildings are not refurbed by March 31.

To be safe request Building 10-we KNOW it will be ready!lol:)

(On a side note-that First Floor,Corner Room in Building 10 is probably the best Room at Sports-10 SECONDS max from the Bus Stops!)
View attachment 644230

what is the best way to request a specific building these days? Used to do it in the check in but don’t see any of that as an option these days.

what is the best way to request a specific building these days? Used to do it in the check in but don’t see any of that as an option these days.
I am sure everyone laughs at us,but we have had the most success over the years when we sent requests via SNAIL MAIL!lol

But of course that hasn't worked every time,but in that case,we go to the Front Desk and VERY NICELY ask if they could check again and see if a Room meeting our requests may have become/would be becoming available and MANY times the wonderful Cast are able to meet our requests at that point.

Going to the Front Desk is a step that many Guests just don't want to waste Vacation time on,but we really value Room location so it is very worth it to us to give it a shot. :)

Had an accessible king/double with roll-in shower room booked for May 4-11. Got a call from Disney that there was an issue with room inventory and we had to be moved. Disney moved us to Art of Animation in an accessible Lion King family suite with a roll-in shower for the same price.

There was no explanation given beyond it being an issue with room inventory.

From someone who has worked at WDW for more than 10 years, I got two possible explanations for being required to switch locations.

The first is that what we booked was a "preferred king/double with roll-in shower" and that the preferred section would still be under renovation at that time so they moved us.

The second (and more likely) is that the renovations will all be completed by then and that this room category is being eliminated as part of the renovations. It will be replaced by a queen/queen table bed with a transfer shower. That is what happened when the other All Stars, Pop Century, Riverside and French Quarter had full renovations.

Because the room we booked had a very unusual layout, Disney moved us to an AOA suite as it most closely matched those features.

"1 queen bed and 1 queen sleeper table" close to Stadium Hall is showing (although unavailable for our trip). Hoping this is promising news for room renovations!

Also- wanted to add that we got a room at Sports for $135/night on Priceline for 2 weeknights at the end of July. Sports was discounted to $149 & Priceline sent me a 10% coupon code, so we were able to snag 2 nights for $135/night. Coronado Springs came to around $202/night with the same deal, but I don't want to stay there.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220304-121148_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220304-121148_Chrome.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Had an accessible king/double with roll-in shower room booked for May 4-11. Got a call from Disney that there was an issue with room inventory and we had to be moved. Disney moved us to Art of Animation in an accessible Lion King family suite with a roll-in shower for the same price.

There was no explanation given beyond it being an issue with room inventory.
WOWSA!!!!

I got a Voicemail from The 407 yesterday and before playing it immediately remembered reading the above Post a few days ago.

Sure enough the Message was that The Mouse needs to discuss a MANDATORY change that will be necessary for our April 23 trip to All-Star Sports!

Just going to throw out a couple of wild GUESSES:

1)The Room Refurb is experiencing unanticipated Supply Chain issues and is WAY behind.

2)Because of the seemingly much better Covid "atmosphere" recently,more Cheerleading Teams than expected by Disney are feeling "comfortable" in attending the many upcoming Cheerleading Competitions therefore requiring more Rooms that expected.

I really can't think of a "for sure" reason.

I think we will just GHOST The Mouse and maybe they will leave us at Sports!lol :)

After TWO YEARS away,I really want to stay there-that is my original WDW Resort-SO MANY MEMORIES!:)

I'm beginning to think/worry Disney will move us for our May 15 girls trip. To be clear, I have no information to back this thought up. I've just been stalking reservations and not a single room in any category (I have an AP) is available for any date until the 21st. While I'm not opposed to being moved, I was really looking forward to staying here. Has anybody with an upcoming stay heard from Disney about being moved?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter