Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

1. Yes
2. King
3. We didn't bother with it
4. Didn't find it far at all. Go in the bottom floor to the elevator, up to 4, then down hall to end, turn enter door, short walk to lounge. Took less than 5 minutes. Never bothered us at all. Less walking than any of our stays at AKL were. And we had one of the last cottages, 11

Thank you so much!!! I think I’m going to book it!:thanks:

I wanted to share something that is really just an interesting tidbit about the layout of the resort and it's proximity to Epcot
When at BWI last week, DH and I decided to run over to Epcot to grab ice cream in France. I wanted an Ice Cream Martini, which is why we didn't just do Ample Hills.
So, we left everything in the room, even phones (on chargers), and ran over. It was actually liberating, to walk in the park with not only no bag (normal for us) but empty pockets too.
Well, we walked back to France and you'll never guess what happened, my Apple Watch dinged with emails. We were so close to the room it connected to my phone while standing in the back of the France pavilion.
I mean, I knew we were close to the park and all that, we could hear the band in the UK, and other faint park noises when were outside on the porch. But I had no clue it was THAT close.
We were in the next to the last cottage along the part of the building that faces the Boardwalk, #1211

I wanted to share something that is really just an interesting tidbit about the layout of the resort and it's proximity to Epcot
When at BWI last week, DH and I decided to run over to Epcot to grab ice cream in France. I wanted an Ice Cream Martini, which is why we didn't just do Ample Hills.
So, we left everything in the room, even phones (on chargers), and ran over. It was actually liberating, to walk in the park with not only no bag (normal for us) but empty pockets too.
Well, we walked back to France and you'll never guess what happened, my Apple Watch dinged with emails. We were so close to the room it connected to my phone while standing in the back of the France pavilion.
I mean, I knew we were close to the park and all that, we could hear the band in the UK, and other faint park noises when were outside on the porch. But I had no clue it was THAT close.
We were in the next to the last cottage along the part of the building that faces the Boardwalk, #1211

That's cool! I just have to comment on your No Phone/No bag entrance into Epcot. We never bring bags but pretty much always have our phones so of course that requires the quick drop phone into basket, walk thru security, pick phone back up. Near the end of our last trip, I got so tired of the phone that I actually convinced my husband to lock them both up in the safe and hit the parks. When the security guys asked about phones, we put our hands up and said Nope...and we always got a pseudo high five from the security guy. Usually a comment too, along the lines of "good for you guys! Enjoy the park!". It was liberating and we're gonna try to do that more often on our next trip.

I'm staying BWV on points. What day or days should I leave a tip for mousekeeping? I believe they come on day 4 for trash and towel service, correct? I'm checking in on a Sunday and leaving the following Sunday.

Pretty sure with the new room policy trash service is now daily. Cleaning/towel is on day 4

We just returned from Aulani and they emptied trash each day whereas trash and towel (not cleaning) occurred on day 4 and bear in mind your check-in day counts as day 1 so in your case trash/towel will occur on Wednesday. Full cleaning happens on day 8.

Do most people leave a tip for the daily trash service ?

I asked about this on the DVC board when the new "daily trash" service was instituted. It was the consensus that they would not be tipping for it because it was not requested and more of a room check for security purposes than a true service. We will be tipping (when staying DVC) on trash/towel and full cleaning days only.

Does anyone have the link to list of amenities in the room? I'm working on my packing list. We prefer liquid bath soap. Did they install any of the wall hanging dispensers in the villas? 29 days and counting!

Does anyone have the link to list of amenities in the room? I'm working on my packing list. We prefer liquid bath soap. Did they install any of the wall hanging dispensers in the villas? 29 days and counting!
We’re 29 days and counting too! See ya there!

It was actually liberating, to walk in the park with not only no bag (normal for us) but empty pockets too.

Totally agree. I normally always have my camera. i skipped it for an afternoon, and the wife was shocked. i said, i just want to wing it and not have to carry anything.

We checked out today :worried::worried::worried:
But I can tell you we had the small bottles of h20 shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and lotion as well a bath bar and facial bar.

I LOVED our stay here this past week. This resort is now at the top of my list, especially ambiance/setting, proximity to parks, and overall "vibe".
We stayed in a 2 bedroom (2131/ 2129) standard view and it was PERFECT! All I wanted was to be far away from the entrance (due to possible noise) and have a big balcony (I didn't want the individual balconies, but one long one) and I got everything I wanted! I didn't actually request the balcony, but I was crossing fingers and toes!!

Even though we were at the end of the hallway, it was super convenient being on the 2nd floor. We never contended with elevators since we only had one flight with the stroller to go up/ down. Super easy to get to DHS and the buses. The walk to the boardwalk was all of 5 minutes (I actually timed our walk from the room to the lobby this morning.... it was 3 minutes, but that was while dragging 3 suitcases). Really easy to get to the quiet pool and Luna park pool.

Overall, LOVED the resort. Can't wait to go back!

I LOVED our stay here this past week. This resort is now at the top of my list, especially ambiance/setting, proximity to parks, and overall "vibe".
We stayed in a 2 bedroom (2131/ 2129) standard view and it was PERFECT! All I wanted was to be far away from the entrance (due to possible noise) and have a big balcony (I didn't want the individual balconies, but one long one) and I got everything I wanted! I didn't actually request the balcony, but I was crossing fingers and toes!!

Even though we were at the end of the hallway, it was super convenient being on the 2nd floor. We never contended with elevators since we only had one flight with the stroller to go up/ down. Super easy to get to DHS and the buses. The walk to the boardwalk was all of 5 minutes (I actually timed our walk from the room to the lobby this morning.... it was 3 minutes, but that was while dragging 3 suitcases). Really easy to get to the quiet pool and Luna park pool.

Overall, LOVED the resort. Can't wait to go back!

Thanks for the report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter