Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Can anyone give me some advice please?:) We are staying for our honeymoon this coming October and we have a Deluxe Club Level room booked.. I have read there are some rooms on the third and some on the fourth. Can anyone give me a recommendation for a room/floor? I read the third floor rooms have larger balconies but I figured the rooms on the fourth floor would be nicer because there higher up! Thank you in advance! :)

There are 5 deluxe rooms on the 3rd floor and 5 on the 4th floor. Last December, we were in a Deluxe on the 4th floor. It's very cool, you can see the entire boardwalk, great place to people watch and the room is a nice size, with a second TV/sitting area. While there was room for 2 on the balcony, this December I've requested a room on the 3rd floor, as others have stated that third floor balconies are larger. I'm hoping someone who has stayed deluxe 3rd floor will pop in with a review/pictures of the balcony.

congratulations on the upgrade!!! so happy for you. Jim and I will be there on Tuesday to say hi to Redgie, we are staying at the Beach Club but will pop over to say hi to every one.
So nice to meet you Kerry! Hope you had a great trip. We are home, sadly.

Yes, it does and the smoking area in question is behind that walkway (to buses and convention center) between the stairs to the Boardwalk and the walkway. I think you are confusing my two posts. This answer was in response to someone's inquiry about a DSA. :flower1:

I agree with you on staying inside as long as possible and using the Villas hallway to the pathway to DHS--which was answered separately from the DSA question. AND never mind, I see a second post that I made where I did say to go left out the front doors--not sure where I got that one, thinking I meant to go through the lobby and turn left--I have pneumonia and I may have been in a haze on that one. I really did answer it properly before that post.

That makes a, whole lot of sense. I had the funny feeling you weren't answering the same question. You know better.

Feel better, although Tahiti isn't a bad place to recover.

Kenny the Pirate just reported that the Friendship Boats to DHS will be down effective May 7. They will still run to Epcot. This sucks. The main reason I chose BWV is because DHS is DD's favorite park. We always take the boats to save steps and I really don't want to take a bus. I guess we will take the walk. It'll be November so not the awful heat of August. There's no expected date for them to be back.

Any reason they'll be down? Does it ihave to do with the gondola construction?

I see it was answered above.

If anyone has any insider info on when they'll be back please post. We go in November. I'm hoping they are back by then.

Kenny the Pirate just reported that the Friendship Boats to DHS will be down effective May 7. They will still run to Epcot. This sucks. The main reason I chose BWV is because DHS is DD's favorite park. We always take the boats to save steps and I really don't want to take a bus. I guess we will take the walk. It'll be November so not the awful heat of August. There's no expected date for them to be back.

Wow agreed, that sucks. We'll be there in September and really have zero desire to take a bus. It'll be hot though!

Wow agreed, that sucks. We'll be there in September and really have zero desire to take a bus. It'll be hot though!

I read on another thread that KtP updated his post and said it should last 6 weeks and be open in time for TSL. Fingers crossed!

At least a bus isn't that bad. Sure better than the walk to HS. I don't know what it is but I despise that walk to HS. To Epcot, no problem, do it every time. HS, never. It seems like 20 miles.
I guess those wanting to hop from Epcot to HS will be instructed to use a Bus. Or walk out to BC or BWI and bus to HS, depending on where you are when you are ready to head to HS

So nice to meet you Kerry! Hope you had a great trip. We are home, sadly.
Angi, it was great to finally meet you too. Hope we get to see each other again someday. We will be at the Boardwalk again in December and I cannot wait! I miss Chef Redgie’s Cooking.
I will say I am a little more impressed with the Beach Club CL this time around, but nothing will replace my Boardwalk.

Sorry if this has been asked before but there are quite a few posts in this thread!

We are booked in a deluxe standard view studio villa booked with cash. I wanted to book CL but have not been able to so my question is this:

Is there any chance that we might be able to upgrade to CL when we check in? And if there is a chance, does anyone have a ballpark idea of what the upgrade would cost per night?

We are only at BWV for 2 nights, this was a bit of an add-on to our AKV trip this August. After we looked at our plans, we decided to add a few days in to the start of the trip so we could work a few rest days into the trip.

At least a bus isn't that bad. Sure better than the walk to HS. I don't know what it is but I despise that walk to HS. To Epcot, no problem, do it every time. HS, never. It seems like 20 miles.

This!

I would be cautiously optimistic about the buses. You can wait a long time for a boat. Maybe the wait for the buses won't be as long.

Sorry if this has been asked before but there are quite a few posts in this thread!

We are booked in a deluxe standard view studio villa booked with cash. I wanted to book CL but have not been able to so my question is this:

Is there any chance that we might be able to upgrade to CL when we check in? And if there is a chance, does anyone have a ballpark idea of what the upgrade would cost per night?

We are only at BWV for 2 nights, this was a bit of an add-on to our AKV trip this August. After we looked at our plans, we decided to add a few days in to the start of the trip so we could work a few rest days into the trip.
That's a good question. The Villa is DVC and the Resort side are sort of separate. Not sure if you can swap from on to the other at check in. Maybe possible. But then also realize if you can't find a room is because they are sold out so they wouldn't have one to move you to anyway

Not sure what map you're looking at. The entrance and exit for the Boardwalk Bakery are on the Boardwalk, not in the hotel. Are you planning to stop in the Bakery before going to AK, and are looking for the best way to get from the Bakery to the bus stop? Or are you planning to go from your room directly to the bus stop and thought the Bakery was a short cut?

From the Bakery, I would go back to the hotel, walk up the big steps on the outside, go inside the lobby and back out to the bus stop. The bus stop is on the lobby level.

If I needed an elevator - I always stay in the Villas, so I would take the path on the right side of the hotel to get into the hotel and get on the elevators there. I would take the elevator up to the lobby level.

But somebody else probably has other ideas.

I made a note last time: got on the bus to AK at 8:50 am, got off at 9:03 am.

Thanks for the response! I was looking at the overhead map on the BWV website; I'm trying to go from the Bakery to the bus stop (planning to stop there before going to AK), and I think the red path I've traced is basically what you're saying? I don't need an elevator so what you describe should work. Thank you! (and for the time estimate!

Boardwalk.png

You cannot add Concierge access with DVC villas except for the sixth floor villas at Jambo House.

Thanks for the response! I was looking at the overhead map on the BWV website; I'm trying to go from the Bakery to the bus stop (planning to stop there before going to AK), and I think the red path I've traced is basically what you're saying? I don't need an elevator so what you describe should work. Thank you! (and for the time estimate!

View attachment 319573

Your map is confusing because it looks like everything is all on one level. I think you have to go up a flight to get from Boardwalk itself (where Bakery is) to the bus stop, that's why I suggested going up the big stairs, into the back of the hotel lobby and then out the front of the hotel lobby. Other people will chime in if I'm wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter