Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't give up! I was totally defeated last night thinking I was not going to get free dining at this resort. Then magically, more rooms became available and I was able to book the room I wanted. Hang in there!

Sure thing! I really just sitting here while they sleep.

Thank you, you're amazing!!!

Don't give up! I was totally defeated last night thinking I was not going to get free dining at this resort. Then magically, more rooms became available and I was able to book the room I wanted. Hang in there!

That's truly a a wish come true!! Send some pixie dust my way! haha

Officially joining this board. I booked our trip for Nov 9-18 in a Preferred Room with FD last night. I had to change our dates a little to get it, but I feel really lucky. Super excited to soak in all of your knowledge. This is our first trip!

I booked CBR this year for the first time, any long time POR fans switch over to CBR and love it just as much?
I'm very nervous about my new venture, lol

We were big POR fans until having to switch to CBR for Free Dining years ago. We haven't been able to go back to POR since. CBR stole our hears and it's truly home to us. You've made an excellent choice!

Officially joining this board. I booked our trip for Nov 9-18 in a Preferred Room with FD last night. I had to change our dates a little to get it, but I feel really lucky. Super excited to soak in all of your knowledge. This is our first trip!
You will love it at CBR! Congrats on your first trip! :welcome:

We were big POR fans until having to switch to CBR for Free Dining years ago. We haven't been able to go back to POR since. CBR stole our hears and it's truly home to us. You've made an excellent choice!
Love to hear this. My DH loved POR. It was okay to me. We've typically stayed at Pop and were going to head back, but my mom is going (putting us at 5 people) and we'll finally get to stay at CBR...free dining is a bonus! So excited and loving this thread (and the DIS boards in general are great)!

Last edited:
We have stayed at CBR before but, never in a king room which is what I got this time. Does anyone know how many king rooms are in each building? I googled it but, can't find anything on how many and where they are. Thanks!

We have stayed at CBR before but, never in a king room which is what I got this time. Does anyone know how many king rooms are in each building? I googled it but, can't find anything on how many and where they are. Thanks!

If I remember correctly there's 12 in each building, 6 on each floor.

If I remember correctly there's 12 in each building, 6 on each floor.
Thank you! I swear I thought someone had posted it here before but, that was a long time ago. Was hoping someone would remember. Good memory dansdad! ;)

Our family of 5 is staying at CBR November 9-19, 2015 in a Standard room. We were able to get free dining and my hubby and I are ecstatic!! We aren't telling the kids until my vacation is approved by my work, however. So prayers and pixie dust are much needed. I am grateful for any and all knowledge that y'all can impart. We have never stayed at CBR before. We have stayed at AKL on our honeymoon, POR a few times with the kids, and All-star Music a few times.

Last edited:
Our family of 5 is staying at CBR November 9-19, 2015 in a Standard room. We were able to get free dining and my hubby and I are ecstatic!! We aren't telling the kids until my vacation is approved by my work, however. So prayers and pixie dust are much needed. I am grateful for any and all knowledge that y'all can impart. We have never stayed at CBR before. We have stayed at AKL on our honeymoon, POR a few times with the kids, and All-star Music a few times.
Have stayed at CBR 10 times. There is a reason. You will hear some talk about the negatives of the size of CBR, but that is why we like it. Don't feel like you're tripping over the other guests, and we have taken our boys when they were 6 and 5 to CBR, then took my niece and nephew when they were 5 and 3...the kids played in the sand and did not mind the walk to OPR. Also, each resort has their own quiet pool in addition to the refurbished main pool. Can't go wrong. And we will be there again in September in a King room, not preferred.

I have a question.

We have always stated at POFQ.

We wanted POR but wAs only able to snag CBR with free dining. The two reasons we love Port Orleans is because of the quick boat ride to DTD and the two entertainers in the Resort bars. YeeHaw Bob and the POFQ guy.

1) How long is the bus ride to DTD From CBR.

2) Is there an entertainer at the lounge/bar at the CBR that we can wind down listening to?

Thanks friends!

I have a question.

We have always stated at POFQ.

We wanted POR but wAs only able to snag CBR with free dining. The two reasons we love Port Orleans is because of the quick boat ride to DTD and the two entertainers in the Resort bars. YeeHaw Bob and the POFQ guy.

1) How long is the bus ride to DTD From CBR.

2) Is there an entertainer at the lounge/bar at the CBR that we can wind down listening to?

Thanks friends!

1. About 7 minutes

2. No there's not. Well Mike the bartender from Boston is pretty entertaining. :rotfl2:

You've made a good choice. After switching to CBR for Free Dining years ago, we haven't been able to go back to POR or POFQ. CBR stole our heart and truly feels like home.

Hi everyone!! :)

Add us to the roll call for October! Our group of 7 (4 adults 3 kids) will be at CBR from Oct.17-23(possibly 24) and we are super excited! I have stayed there before but the rest of my group has not.

Now this may have been covered somewhere through the 106 pages already, but does anyone happen to know what buildings have the adjoining rooms? We have two rooms booked and have requested adjoining rooms just so it's easier for the kids to go back and forth and get everyone ready to go in the mornings! I'm just curious as to where we may end up! The last time we all went together we stayed at CSR and as far as I know they only had adjoining rooms in certain spots so I'm wondering if CBR was the same?

Thanks so much for all of your information and pictures! I'm enjoying looking through it as I haven't stayed at CBR since 2010! Can't wait to go back! :)

Hi everyone!! :)

Add us to the roll call for October! Our group of 7 (4 adults 3 kids) will be at CBR from Oct.17-23(possibly 24) and we are super excited! I have stayed there before but the rest of my group has not.

Now this may have been covered somewhere through the 106 pages already, but does anyone happen to know what buildings have the adjoining rooms? We have two rooms booked and have requested adjoining rooms just so it's easier for the kids to go back and forth and get everyone ready to go in the mornings! I'm just curious as to where we may end up! The last time we all went together we stayed at CSR and as far as I know they only had adjoining rooms in certain spots so I'm wondering if CBR was the same?

Just so you know, in Disney-speak, adjoining rooms are rooms close to one another. Connecting rooms are right next to one another with a interior door between them to allow you access to both rooms without going outside. I want to make sure you request the right thing. :thumbsup2

Having said that, there are connecting rooms in every building at CBR.

We will be at CBR in 5 days. It will be our first stay there and we are so excited!! I have a question about Shutter's. We have a ressie there for dinner after a day at Typhoon Lagoon and DtD. Any opinions on it? How is the service and the food? Just looking for a nice relaxing meal. We don't need fancy or amazing. Is it a good choice or should we just get something at DtD? Thanks!

We will be at CBR in 5 days. It will be our first stay there and we are so excited!! I have a question about Shutter's. We have a ressie there for dinner after a day at Typhoon Lagoon and DtD. Any opinions on it? How is the service and the food? Just looking for a nice relaxing meal. We don't need fancy or amazing. Is it a good choice or should we just get something at DtD? Thanks!

We really enjoy Shutters, the food is delicious and the service has always been great. About 3-4 years ago, Shutters got a new Head Chef. Before that, we had 2 so-so dining experiences. Ever since then though it's like a completely new experience.

My wife's favorite is the Pan Seared Jerk Mahi Mahi. Our son's favorite is the BBQ Pork Brisket. And I have 2 that I can't decide a favorite between, the Rib Eye and the braised boneless beef short ribs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter