Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
We love Shutter's. Last year we ate there on our last night, since we had a really early flight the next day. This year it is planned for our first night. DH and I loved the wings. The sauce was the perfect mix of sweet and hot. We also had a really great waiter.

I'm pretty excited our group of 10 was able to get free dining for August. We had to upgrade to preferred rooms but thats easy. We usually stay at POR. Can anyone tell me what buildings are preferred. I'm sure we will love it but the last 6 times have been POR and POFQ and we felt like that was our second home

Has anyone stayed in a pirate room and actually enjoyed it? I booked a pirate room with fd thinking my kids would enjoy it, but now I have read so much negative stuff about them :(

booked our stay at por for November 28th to Dec. 5th but now Im thinking I will miss not being at cbr, love this resort and have never stayed at por whenever we book a moderate its always been cbr! Im leaning towards changing my reservation and follow my heart which is at cbr!:cloud9:

I'm pretty excited our group of 10 was able to get free dining for August. We had to upgrade to preferred rooms but thats easy. We usually stay at POR. Can anyone tell me what buildings are preferred. I'm sure we will love it but the last 6 times have been POR and POFQ and we felt like that was our second home

All of Trinidad North and Martinique 24, 25 and 26 are preferred.

We were big POR and POFQ fans until having to switch to CBR for free dining years ago and haven't been able to go back since. You've made an excellent choice.

booked our stay at por for November 28th to Dec. 5th but now Im thinking I will miss not being at cbr, love this resort and have never stayed at por whenever we book a moderate its always been cbr! Im leaning towards changing my reservation and follow my heart which is at cbr!:cloud9:

I know the feeling. We tried to go back to POR a couple times once we found CBR but just couldn't do it. And haven't regretted it one bit.

Has anyone stayed in a pirate room and actually enjoyed it? I booked a pirate room with fd thinking my kids would enjoy it, but now I have read so much negative stuff about them :(

We have not, but we know 3 families well that loved them! And there are plenty of people here on the DIS that have really enjoyed them too.

Add us back to the roll call please! Sept 14-17 me, my mom, and my DS are headed to MNSSHP on the 15th. My DH, DS and I stayed over spring break and I fell in love. We spent almost all of our time at the parks so we didn't get much time to really explore. We were going to rent points but I found a great deal on orbitz and that sealed our fate for this trip. I am really looking forward to some pool and resort time as along as checking out the things outside the parks we always skip over.

If anyone plans to release any non-pirate room at CBR from 10/1-10/7 with FD please let me know... I'm so bummed we couldn't get FD applied to our reservation.

well I made up my mind to switch our reservation , just cant stay away from cbr so now Im on hold trying to modify my reservation tried to do it online but am having problems so now I have a 45 min. wait to speak with an agent, guess that in itself states how much I love cbr! Sorry por maybe someday but just not ready for the change yet, adding another trip to home sweet home cbr!

Cancelling 2 CBR rooms booked with free dining. They are water view and dates are Nov9-18.

I hate to let these go as I was overjoyed that our TA was able to get them.

Just after finding out we were booked with promo we also found out that we are expecting our 9th child. Thrilled but I will be VERY pregnant on the trip so much so that husband thinks it's too much of a risk. I will be 35 weeks along on trip and we were supposed to fly. I have gone 2-3 weeks early the last 5 children in a row.

Commando style with 7 of our other children around the park with 2 weeks to deliver? Wise? Not so much lol

Anyhow, would like travel agent to still receive her commission. Not sure this is even possible but thought she may be able to cancel my ressie and book someone else's immediately. If this interests you pm me and we can pass on your info to her. Will post this on free dining board as well.

Blessings to you all on your vacations. Sad I won't get my first chance to stay with kids on property for free dining but excited God has chosen to give us another blessing!

Can we put three adults (mom, dad, grandma) and three young kids (9, 7, 4) into one room at CBR?

Just as an FYI I read on another sub forum here earlier about some talking to CM's about releasing of cancelled FD rooms may not necessarily go back into inventory - almost as if once it's gone its gone.
Since FD is meant to bring business in and they may or may not be re -released. How true this might be..is anyone's guess.

From this thread : http://www.disboards.com/threads/2015-free-dining-thread-_-all-questions-here.3403890/page-114

**Just an interesting bit of information I got from a CM this am. I called at 7 am, got right through and talked to a very nice woman. I was trying to downgrade my FD offer from a preferred room which is all I could get. No luck but that is ok. I will take what I can get. The important conversation we had was that she said "If people cancel those rooms they don't go back into the promotion circulation. They may add more rooms to be released at a later time so keep checking, but there is no way to know if they will do that and cancelled reservations wont make rooms available for the current offer." She said that she is not sure if they would release more rooms or not right now because they are booking at a very full level for the time frame of the FD. She was so nice and very hopeful for more offers. I figure that when people start to cancel as time gets closer to the promo end, which will be closer to travel time, people who are not going to go without the FD will cancel and those going with or without will be set in there plans and there may be some availability. Still hoping everyone can find something that works for them!**

Can we put three adults (mom, dad, grandma) and three young kids (9, 7, 4) into one room at CBR?

If you try to book it , it says exceeds maximum occupancy for all rooms. I believe max occupancy is 5 unless it's an infant involved. It looks like you would need two rooms or a suite at a different resort.

Cancelling 2 CBR rooms booked with free dining. They are water view and dates are Nov9-18.

I hate to let these go as I was overjoyed that our TA was able to get them.

Just after finding out we were booked with promo we also found out that we are expecting our 9th child. Thrilled but I will be VERY pregnant on the trip so much so that husband thinks it's too much of a risk. I will be 35 weeks along on trip and we were supposed to fly. I have gone 2-3 weeks early the last 5 children in a row.

Commando style with 7 of our other children around the park with 2 weeks to deliver? Wise? Not so much lol

Anyhow, would like travel agent to still receive her commission. Not sure this is even possible but thought she may be able to cancel my ressie and book someone else's immediately. If this interests you pm me and we can pass on your info to her. Will post this on free dining board as well.

Blessings to you all on your vacations. Sad I won't get my first chance to stay with kids on property for free dining but excited God has chosen to give us another blessing!

I Sooo hope I am able to pick up your cancellations!! We are looking for 11/10-11/17, was so looking forward to trying to get CBR with free dining but had to get 2 rooms at pop instead for our family of 5. I doubt we can work anything out but if you have not released them yet message me and I'll talk to my TA. We adore our TA who has worked so hard for us so I would not abandon her. Blessings on you ever growing family!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter