• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have stayed in one for that exact reason because my son wanted to. It's farther away from all the activity is the only negative, but he still talks about it and it was totally worth it. The only other negative I would think would be having a refurbished room instead.
Are all the rooms for 5 newly refurbished? We have fam of 5 going in a preferred room. Do you think we will score a refurbished one?

They are all done. I was the first to stay in one in the last building finished for my stay beginning March 27. They look great.

Are all the rooms for 5 newly refurbished? We have fam of 5 going in a preferred room. Do you think we will score a refurbished one?
All non-pirate themed rooms are finished being refurbished. If you didn't book a pirate room, you'll definitely get a refurbished room! :)

Reporting for roll call! Our family of 4 is going for our second trip Nov. 13-21 2015. Our first trip was last March @ ASM, our once in lifetime, just take the boys so they can say they've gone. Ooops! :P My parents are tagging along too, it should be a blast. Mom had to have a mod, wanted POFQ bad but I won her over to CBR to snag FD which is a savings over what we were budgeting. OK, off to read the rest of the thread! :wave2:

Reporting for roll call! Our family of 4 is going for our second trip Nov. 13-21 2015. Our first trip was last March @ ASM, our once in lifetime, just take the boys so they can say they've gone. Ooops! :P My parents are tagging along too, it should be a blast. Mom had to have a mod, wanted POFQ bad but I won her over to CBR to snag FD which is a savings over what we were budgeting. OK, off to read the rest of the thread! :wave2:

I had our once in a lifetime trip last year, too! Then I booked a bounceback!

Last edited:

The unrefurbished rooms only sleep 4 as far as I know, so if you have 5, you'll definitely be in a refurbished room.

So Touring Plans has this new thing where they will send your room request in for you. I'm thinking about giving it a shot. I know we NEED to be in Jamaica (my daughter is obsessed with yellow and it's her birthday trip) but past that, what should I request?

Same here! Our once in a lifetime trip was two years ago and plan on going back every year till we get tired of it which will not be anytime soon! Don't you love how once in a lifetime turns into an annual vacation! :drive:

For years we didn't go because we couldn't afford it! All of a sudden we can afford it 2 years in a row? It's amazing how much more affordable it is when you actually have lived it. :love:

I am also a long time lurker. We were able to get FD from Sept. 14-25. I am so excited!! Last trip we stayed at POR and my husband and kids loved it, but I thought it was just ok. I think CBR looks beautiful. and I can't wait to lay in a hammock on the beach. I have sold my kids on playing in the sand on the beach.

We are booked in a pool/water view room. Which buildings would this include and which would be the closest to OPR?

Please add me to the Roll call.

There are water view rooms in every building, and if you look at the map in post #1 they will be facing the lake or a quiet pool. The closest non-preferred rooms are in Martinique 21, 22 and 23, Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51. Jamaica 45 happens to be our favorite location.

Does anybody know how big the trundle bed is? Will it fit a full size adult? Thanks!

It's a Murphy Bed. There are no more trundle beds at WDW. They are meant for children and small adults, no taller than 5'2". They are 37" x 63".

So Touring Plans has this new thing where they will send your room request in for you. I'm thinking about giving it a shot. I know we NEED to be in Jamaica (my daughter is obsessed with yellow and it's her birthday trip) but past that, what should I request?

I would make Jamaica your only request. You can call that request in any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days prior to your arrival. Rooms are assigned 2-3 days out so make sure you have your request noted at lease a couple days earlier than that. No need to leave it up to somebody else.

And when you check in if you are not in Jamaica ask if you can move to Jamaica even if it means waiting until later in the day.

I have a question about the busses. I am planning way ahead and looking at CBR or off property for June of 2016. When we stayed at Coronado Springs, we were really far from the food court. But, we could hop on any bus because it always stopped at the main building before leaving the resort. Is that how CBR's bus system works? Can you use it to get around the resort if you are not in a preferred building? That would be my only hesitation with this resort is just getting around. Also, do any of the quiet pools have little snack bars for your refillable mugs? Or, does the main pool even allow you to fill your mug there?

Thanks for your help!

I have a question about the busses. I am planning way ahead and looking at CBR or off property for June of 2016. When we stayed at Coronado Springs, we were really far from the food court. But, we could hop on any bus because it always stopped at the main building before leaving the resort. Is that how CBR's bus system works? Can you use it to get around the resort if you are not in a preferred building? That would be my only hesitation with this resort is just getting around. Also, do any of the quiet pools have little snack bars for your refillable mugs? Or, does the main pool even allow you to fill your mug there?

Thanks for your help!
Use the internal shuttle. It makes a loop and stops at OPR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter