Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question about the busses. I am planning way ahead and looking at CBR or off property for June of 2016. When we stayed at Coronado Springs, we were really far from the food court. But, we could hop on any bus because it always stopped at the main building before leaving the resort. Is that how CBR's bus system works? Can you use it to get around the resort if you are not in a preferred building? That would be my only hesitation with this resort is just getting around. Also, do any of the quiet pools have little snack bars for your refillable mugs? Or, does the main pool even allow you to fill your mug there?

Thanks for your help!

Just as @Kevin355 stated, there is an internal bus that stops at very village, OPR and the Custom House. But I must say, after staying in every village except Trinidad South we have never felt like we needed to use the internal bus.

Good deal! My kids were breaking their neck to see what was behind those pineapples. Maybe we will check it out!

The size of CBR is very much overstated by many people. I am 51, have had both knees replaced, my wife has MS, and we have never had any issues walking to OPR, even when we stayed at Trinidad South, prior to it becoming Pirate Rooms. And the early morning walk to OPR, the fog over the lake, and the sounds make it very enjoyable. We usually take the long way to the footbridge, even when we were in Trinidad North in September, because it is a pretty property. We'd walk south from our room, go over the bridge, walk by Jamaica, then go to the footbridge to OPR. Heck, I am up usually at 6:00AM without an alarm at Disney because I am excited to be there. I think it is a peaceful, restful resort, and the set-up is perfect.

I figured as much! We were scared to death before staying at POR because my mom travels with us. But, It was totally fine! This does look like a lovely resort.

I figured as much! We were scared to death before staying at POR because my mom travels with us. But, It was totally fine! This does look like a lovely resort.

If you remove the Pirate Themed rooms in Trinidad South, CBR has the same size foot print as POR.

Either bring your own or ask for an extra flat sheet to wrap around the "mattress" of the pack-n-play. I always wiped it down with a couple disenfectant wipes, too, but I'm super paranoid :teeth:

Has anyone stayed in a pirate room and actually enjoyed it? I booked a pirate room with fd thinking my kids would enjoy it, but now I have read so much negative stuff about them :(

I believe I friend of our has. She posted pictures a few years ago. I would ask but I cannot she is at CBR.

I was joking to DH about how I managed to get a standard room for myself and my 2 older boys. I asked who would want to stay in one. His response "I would". Everyone has different likes and dislikes. If you think your boys will love it they most likely will. Concentrate on your vacation. I love the Value resorts and my boys would prefer to go Deluxe.

I am officially joining this thread, and need to update my signature bar... we will be in the world 9/26-10/3
we are in a pirate room for now, we are wanting a standard room, as we are not pirate peeps...
but would rather have pirates and free dining than staying home and cooking for 8 days!..lol

This is our first time at CBR for FD in Sept. Previously at POFQ, and POP for 3 times. How exactly, should I go about requesting a specific bldg without becoming a nuisance? do I call a specific number? and if I do, do I really need to fax my request also? and what about online check in? I'm sure there comes a point where CBR really gets tired of all this and makes a point of NOT granting requests and I don't want to be THAT person.

This is our first time at CBR for FD in Sept. Previously at POFQ, and POP for 3 times. How exactly, should I go about requesting a specific bldg without becoming a nuisance?

Call the main reservation line and add any room requests to your reservation.

do I call a specific number?

407-W-DISNEY

and if I do, do I really need to fax my request also?

No need to fax then.

and what about online check in?

You can do online check in, just skip the room request section.

I'm sure there comes a point where CBR really gets tired of all this and makes a point of NOT granting requests and I don't want to be THAT person.

Every single WDW resort deals with guests making room requests. They enjoy making each trip special for every guest. No worries.

We are also going that week (9/26-10/2) and have had it booked for a couple months and were unable to get free dining or room only discount. Our school district will be having a Fall Break for the first time during that week, so I'm sure a LOT of people in our county are going that week! Not sure it's enough to fill up all the FD/discount rooms at the mods, though... I'm hoping for more rooms released or a code in the mail!

I have heard that they held back some rooms to be discounted later. Last year they later opened up more rooms and offered a PIN for other resorts.

The rooms are not sold out just the discount. Hopefully they will put the cancelled rooms back in the pot, because I am sure there are many who booked during the discount just in case.

My complaint is that they did not give official notice earlier. That way families would have discussed it more and there would have been less people booking just because of FD. Last year there were so many false starts that I really did not believe it.

14 more days! This will be our first staying at CBR, can anyone tell me more about watching Illuminations from the resort. Can you get a good view? Is it really popular/crowded? There are so many late nights, it would be nice to watch so close to our room with young kids.

For anyone who has stayed at both CBR and AOA, how does the property size compare? I read a lot about how far things can be at CBR, depending on which building you're in, but I know that is all subjective to what one considers a 'far' walk. We've never been to CBR, but will be staying there in October. We've stayed at AOA twice and although we were in the Cars suites right near the main entrance, we never thought the walk to the Little Mermaid rooms (furthest away) were far, despite reading complaints by people who stayed in those rooms. I'm curious. Thanks!

14 more days! This will be our first staying at CBR, can anyone tell me more about watching Illuminations from the resort. Can you get a good view? Is it really popular/crowded? There are so many late nights, it would be nice to watch so close to our room with young kids.

To really enjoy Illuminations you need to be in Epcot because most of the show/fireworks are low. But you can see the higher ones from CBR. It's definitely not crowded. It is nothing like people flocking to the Poly Beach to watch wishes. But there will be maybe another family or two watching with you at CBR. We have watched them from the Jamaica beach, the bridge, the beach behind the main feature pool and outside of Shutters.

For anyone who has stayed at both CBR and AOA, how does the property size compare? I read a lot about how far things can be at CBR, depending on which building you're in, but I know that is all subjective to what one considers a 'far' walk. We've never been to CBR, but will be staying there in October. We've stayed at AOA twice and although we were in the Cars suites right near the main entrance, we never thought the walk to the Little Mermaid rooms (furthest away) were far, despite reading complaints by people who stayed in those rooms. I'm curious. Thanks!

CBR also has the internal buses if you do not feel like walking. With us the walk in AoA seemed long because it was unseasonably cold that week. I was glad we had soda in the room because I would not have gotten full use out of a refillable mug.

Sadly I cannot answer your question since our trip in November will be only my second stay at CBR with the first being over 2 decades ago. At that time I had a 3 year old, a 10 month old and I was 4 months pregnant. I remember taking the internal bus but I believe that was because my mother hurt her back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter