Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I have heard so many people talk about how big CB Resort is, and how much walking. We booked our 1st stay there for Aug 11-17, to save some money we are staying our last two night at hotel off site, Thur/Fri 17/18. We have 5 people - 2 adults, 2 young adults and one 7 year old. So we couldn't really fit in most hotels and Port Royal didn't have 5th sleepers available for our dates.

I am thinking that this won't be too bad if we can manage to get a room in either Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51, we don't care about 1st or 2nd floor and we don't care about view. It seems to me those two buildings aren't that far, if you use the bridge over the little island to get to the main pool and Centertown Market. Since we will only be using the skyliner on the days we go to Epcot and HS, it doesn't seem to bad getting to the skyliner on those days either.

Has anyone stayed in those either of those buildings and used the bridge to get to the main areas? How long is that walk from there? Are those the 2 best buildings, outside of preferred rooms to stay at that resort?

I have heard so many people talk about how big CB Resort is, and how much walking. We booked our 1st stay there for Aug 11-17, to save some money we are staying our last two night at hotel off site, Thur/Fri 17/18. We have 5 people - 2 adults, 2 young adults and one 7 year old. So we couldn't really fit in most hotels and Port Royal didn't have 5th sleepers available for our dates.

I am thinking that this won't be too bad if we can manage to get a room in either Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51, we don't care about 1st or 2nd floor and we don't care about view. It seems to me those two buildings aren't that far, if you use the bridge over the little island to get to the main pool and Centertown Market. Since we will only be using the skyliner on the days we go to Epcot and HS, it doesn't seem to bad getting to the skyliner on those days either.

Has anyone stayed in those either of those buildings and used the bridge to get to the main areas? How long is that walk from there? Are those the 2 best buildings, outside of preferred rooms to stay at that resort?
We stayed in building 45, Jamaica room 4555, 5th sleeper room and the amount of walking for us wasn't bad, it's about a 5 min walk to the lobby/amenities from there over the bridge. I've not stayed anywhere else at CBR other than Jamaica. We also found the proximity to the skyliner and bus depot pretty close.

I had some frustrations about the bridge as it can get congested and while walking around the lake is definitely longer, there are times we went that route just to avoid the crowds on the bridge. The walking paths are nice and wide and easy to walk around parties of slower walkers, scooters and strollers. Overall, we never found the amount of walking to be an issue compared to other moderate resorts. However, if you are in other buildings, it definitely could be a lot of walking.

Fifth sleeper rooms are scattered around the resort with the newly refurbished 5th sleepers being located in the village of Trinidad. There is a quick service restaurant, Spyglass Grill, located in Barbados so you wouldn't have to walk to Centertown Market if you wanted to pick up something quick to eat.

The walk from the two buildings you are thinking of requesting to Old Port Royale is not a long one at all. You would simply walk through the island and on to Centertown Market.

We actually prefer any of the buildings in Jamaica over the preferred locations. The landscaping seems more lush and the walks to anywhere aren't long at all.

Last edited:
Hi all
I’m staying at CBR in May for the first time.
I have friends staying at Riviera Resort that I’ll be meeting up with most days so was wondering which area of the resort would be best to request?
Ideally I’d like to strike the balance of being close to Riviera but not so far away from the main lobby that it’s a hike!
Thanks for your advice folks 😀
Preferred room catagory and request Martinique.

Fifth sleeper rooms are scattered around the resort with the newly refurbished 5th sleepers being located in the village of Barbados. There is a quick service restaurant, Spyglass Grill, located in Barbados so you wouldn't have to walk to Centertown Market if you wanted to pick up something quick to eat.

The walk from the two buildings you are thinking of requesting to Old Port Royale is not a long one at all. You would simply walk through the island and on to Centertown Market.

We actually prefer any of the buildings in Jamaica over the preferred locations. The landscaping seems more lush and the walks to anywhere aren't long at all.
The refurbished rooms and Spyglass Grill are in Trinidad not Barbados!

Those are our 2 favorite locations. The rooms closer to the bridge are actually closer to OPR and the Main Feature Pool than some of the Preferred Rooms.

We arrive for our CBR/WDW stay in 2 weeks!

Our flight doesn't land at MCO until 10 pm (if we aren't delayed). We will be coming from the Pacific time zone (so 3 hour difference) and I expect we'll be hungry after a long travel day (although we plan to get food during our layover in Atlanta).

How long should we expect to get from MCO to CBR (via Uber/Lyft/Taxi). We might have one checked bag.

I think all the dining options close by 11, yes? Is there still onsite pizza delivery until midnight (Blue Runner Pizza)? All the info I find about it looks dated and seems pre-pandemic.

Are there other late night options? Food delivery?

We drive to Disney so not sure how long it takes to get from MCO to CBR but I can tell you you're better off just ordering a delivery pizza from Papa John's, Pizza Hut or Domino's. You can order direct or via uber eats/grubhub. I think you're right about blue runner, we've been there post covid and never saw that option. Using grubhub/uber eats gives you all the options available in the area.

We drive to Disney so not sure how long it takes to get from MCO to CBR but I can tell you you're better off just ordering a delivery pizza from Papa John's, Pizza Hut or Domino's. You can order direct or via uber eats/grubhub. I think you're right about blue runner, we've been there post covid and never saw that option. Using grubhub/uber eats gives you all the options available in the area.
That's a good idea. Do you know if delivery drivers can deliver right to your room? Or would we have to meet them at the lobby or other location?

That's a good idea. Do you know if delivery drivers can deliver right to your room? Or would we have to meet them at the lobby or other location?
There is a place called Flippers that has great pizza as well as other items and they deliver.

I don’t think they will come to your room and knock on door but you can go out and meet them in front of your building.

Just back from eight nights at CBR, our 12th stay at the resort. We were in building 51 in Aruba. We found it to be a great location but the Skyliner does go over the building so there is some noise (when the cars go over a pylon/the chimes before announcements) during the day if you might be sensitive to that kind of thing.

Anyone with experience keeping milk in the beverage cooler? Does it keep it cold enough?

Also, planning to do a Walmart delivery order, will bell services keep it until we are there? Or do we need to be present for it at delivery?

Thanks in advance!

Anyone with experience keeping milk in the beverage cooler? Does it keep it cold enough?

Also, planning to do a Walmart delivery order, will bell services keep it until we are there? Or do we need to be present for it at delivery?

Thanks in advance!

We had a gallon of milk for cereal on our last trip in November, kept cold enough for us - didn't seem to be any issues.

I'm not positive on the Walmart delivery order, but I think you have to be present on delivery. Someone else will probably know better on that one!

Thanks in advance!
We were in Barbados and had a mini fridge; it kept everything nice and cold. We did a Walmart delivery. They dropped it off with bell services, we did not have to be there. They charge $6 to bring it to the room.

We were in Barbados and had a mini fridge; it kept everything nice and cold. We did a Walmart delivery. They dropped it off with bell services, we did not have to be there. They charge $6 to bring it to the room.

Ha, there we go! I figured someone would know more and correct me about the delivery. Good to know for future reference for me, thanks!!

Just got back, March 7 - 12.

Got stuck in the much maligned Trinidad!!!! But it was perfectly fine. Did not find the walk to Old Port Royale too long whatsoever...it's a lovely stroll. And only maybe a six-minute walk to the Skyliner and had Spyglass nearby to grab breakfast when we needed it. And our room was maybe 45 seconds from the bus stop. It was really a great location and having the Skyliner here makes this a very, very attractive resort choice.

Do they have microwaves in the Marketplace/food court area? I know they don't have them in the rooms? I was thinking for heating up mac n cheese cups and reheating mickey waffles for later on for my DS7.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter