Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Well, I have bit the bullet and am trying a different resort in April! Couldn’t resist the rate I got for the Atrium Club Level at the Contemporary, so I went for it. Hoping it isn’t a mistake. Please fill me in on what to expect. I am going in with a totally open mind.

I have a friend that has stayed Atrium in April several years ago, he said they felt like they were the only ones that were staying club level, I personally love the nostalgia of the Contemporary, same can be said for the Poly!

Well, I have bit the bullet and am trying a different resort in April! Couldn’t resist the rate I got for the Atrium Club Level at the Contemporary, so I went for it. Hoping it isn’t a mistake. Please fill me in on what to expect. I am going in with a totally open mind.

Lol, we are contemplating changing the second half of our split stay, GF RPC reservation, in June to either Poly or Contemporary.

We already will be staying at the GF RPC in April, so we are thinking we really should try another resort. We loved AKL when we did this last month. I’m curious and hesitant.. help contemporary Resort and Polynesian resort club level fans. Do both lounges offer bottles of water for the parks, and are both lounges open between service times, what are the food offerings? :daisy:

Warning, TLDR... sorry. Can't help it. I love CR.

I think and speak of CR Atrium Club the way I see people on the thread (including you) speak of BWI CL. It's certainly not the perfect resort or CL (not that any of them are) but I have a real soft spot for the place. It continues to be the only resort and CL where we've been consistently recognized as a repeat guest. It's also the CL where we've had the most impressive CL CM interactions overall (of course this can vary on any given trip).

CR seems to either be a love or hate kind of resort for some folks. I like the nostalgia factor, I'm a nerd and think the monorail running through it is just about the coolest thing ever (just like I did as a kid), the location can't be beat. I don't need crazy immersive themeing so CR works fine, but I see people complain about the theme (or lack thereof) a fair amount around the DIS.

Things I like...
- The Atrium Club floor is on the 12th floor, so the second to top floor of guest rooms - nice high views.
- The lounge is in the middle of the floor on the MK side - so has great MK and fireworks views. Fireworks audio is played on the lounge balconies.
- Both TPV rooms and Standard (which is really Bay Lake View) rooms are great options - there's really not a bad room view here at all regardless of view category or location on the floor. No real stressing about room requests or where you will be (just minor nuances).
- In some ways a Standard view gives the 'best of both worlds' as you have the calm serenity of the Bay Lake view (and nightly EWP viewing) and the lounge for a MK view/fireworks viewing.
- No room is far from the lounge.
- While this always can vary by a shift change at any resort, we've generally found the CL CMs there genuinely warm and caring. The CL desk right off the elevator and close to the lounge is a nice setup that promotes interaction and pleasantries.
- Food offerings are a little less abundant than some other CLs, but what they do provide has been pretty darn good in my opinion.
- The lounge and CM desk location relative to the elevators makes it convenient to grab a beverage or a bottle of water (upon request) coming or going to your room.
- We've recently taken a liking to California Grill, so no complaints when it's right upstairs. Also (with one exception) have enjoyed The Wave in the past.
- Walkability to MK with dedicated security entrance. Can't beat the convenience.
- Boat service to WL and FW - that really expands dining and entertainment options when staying at CR and the boat trip is pretty short.
- The lounge doesn't close overnight or between services.

Things that aren't my favorite....
- The pools. Major kudos for the setting, vibe, and that you usually have no issues finding shade or a chair. But, the pools themselves are underwhelming compared to the other Deluxes.
- No splash pad (only a dinky spray area with a few nozzles). Probably N/A for you but it's more of a big deal with kiddos my age (8 and 4). No zero entry area for the pool also gets a few knocks.
- With all due respect to Walt's original design and to the CMs that work there, the Cove Bar is probably the worst pool bar on property in terms of a setting. Someday they are going to re-do the whole pool/bar/dock area (I hope) and it will make me very happy. CR is screaming for a Geyser Point-type equivalent (in my opinion) :-)
- The CR elevators can get busy, especially in the evening. But time spent waiting on an elevator is about the same as what you might spend walking the halls of an Epcot resort or to another building at places like Poly, so it kind of equals out in a way. Just 'feels' longer as you're sitting there waiting.
- The lounge is a bit on the small side. May have had a few times here and there where seating was full, but we've experienced that everywhere to some extent. But not a major consideration when thinking about CR for us.
- Getting back from Epcot via monorail (which is the only Disney transport option from Epcot) 'feels' like it takes awhile (since it kind of does).
- Chef Mickey's does draw a lot of traffic and can create some noise. We had a room that was directly above Chef Mickey's once and you kind of know when they start up in the morning. I don't consider this a major negative unless you happen to be super sensitive to noise, just an observation.

I have sometimes described CR as my "business trip" resort vs my "vacation trip" resort (a lot of that is due to my comments about the pools above). We usually try to stay there when it's a shorter trip and MK-centric, like during party season. We had been in the habit of staying at CR for a MNSSHP trip every fall, until this year. Availability has been tough (as have discounts) and we caught the Epcot resort bug, so I've been neglecting CR this past year. We do have a trip planned there in the spring and we can't wait.

These have some age to them, but here are links to 2017 and 2016 trip reports:
CR Atrium Club - Sept 2016
CR Atrium Club - Sept 2017

Alright, I've rambled on enough. Probably said a lot of things you already know (sorry). But hope it helps!

Last edited:
Do both lounges offer bottles of water for the parks, and are both lounges open between service times, what are the food offerings?

Unless changed in the last year, CR has bottles of water upon request. Poly has never had bottles of water in the 5 years we've been staying there except I did see a recent post from a week or two ago where someone reported Dasani bottles in the lounge, so sounds like things could have recently changed.

Both lounge spaces don't close and are accessible 24/7.

Hope that helps!

(And I vote you should try them all, so go with something different!)

Unless changed in the last year, CR has bottles of water upon request. Poly has never had bottles of water in the 5 years we've been staying there except I did see a recent post from a week or two ago where someone reported Dasani bottles in the lounge, so sounds like things could have recently changed.

Both lounge spaces don't close and are accessible 24/7.

Hope that helps!

(And I vote you should try them all, so go with something different!)

Thank you so much. DH is really leaning towards the Contemporary resort.

My first stay at CR had me skeptical too. This resort had the least appeal to me, but I booked a last minute trip and that was the only CL option. I was pleasantly surprised. We enjoyed our stay so much. Like mentioned before, the food options may not be as plentiful as other CL, but it was very good. The desserts seems lacking, in particular. But, this is very high on my “favorites” list now and is always one of the first I check when booking. I hope you enjoy it!

Lol, we are contemplating changing the second half of our split stay, GF RPC reservation, in June to either Poly or Contemporary.

We already will be staying at the GF RPC in April, so we are thinking we really should try another resort. We loved AKL when we did this last month. I’m curious and hesitant.. help contemporary Resort and Polynesian resort club level fans. Do both lounges offer bottles of water for the parks, and are both lounges open between service times, what are the food offerings? :daisy:

I can't give an opinion on CR CL as I haven't stayed there, but had my first Poly CL stay this past Oct and it was great! The lounge was nice with that awesome view of the castle, food was constantly replenished, tables cleaned/dishes cleared away quickly, and the CL CMs were very friendly and personable. I definitely recommend trying it :).

As GADisneyDad posted, the Poly lounge is accessible 24/7, which is a nice option if you want to just sit and relax for awhile before heading to your room. Regarding bottled water....that wasn't an option in Oct, but like GADisneyDad said, that seems to have changed in the last few weeks. I will be reading reviews/opinions of CR CL along with you as I'm contemplating a stay there in December next year :wizard:.

And I vote you should try them all, so go with something different!

I agree! ::yes::

I say give it a try! :thumbsup2

I currently have a standard view at the Poly and would like to upgrade to a CL room should one becomes available. My neighbor, who stayed there a few years ago, still speaks negatively about the lounge and is trying to steer me away from the upgrade. She said it is akin to the club lounge at Universal Orlando's Hard Rock Hotel with the noisy crowd, insufficient seating, and bare-foot children running amok. I personally don't mind the noise or the rambunctious children. But I would prefer not to wait in line for, say 10 to 15 minutes, to pick up a tiny morsel of food. Has anyone visited the club lounge at Hard Rock Hotel? Please tell me that the Poly is much better!

I currently have a standard view at the Poly and would like to upgrade to a CL room should one becomes available. My neighbor, who stayed there a few years ago, still speaks negatively about the lounge and is trying to steer me away from the upgrade. She said it is akin to the club lounge at Universal Orlando's Hard Rock Hotel with the noisy crowd, insufficient seating, and bare-foot children running amok. I personally don't mind the noise or the rambunctious children. But I would prefer not to wait in line for, say 10 to 15 minutes, to pick up a tiny morsel of food. Has anyone visited the club lounge at Hard Rock Hotel? Please tell me that the Poly is much better!

I stay Rock Royalty often and love the place, I should say LOVE THE PLACE, I have never had a bad experience, the lounge is somewhat small at HR but awesome staff with class, I have never experienced such things at Poly either, the Poly has awesome CM’s and cool environment, to be honest this last trip I saw more grown ups come in SL dripping in swimsuits than I’ve ever seen at any Universal or Disney property combined.

Oh, I only wish I could get Disney CL for the price I can get it at UO...:rotfl2:

Last edited:
We did both CL this year.
I can see where someone would get the comparison. Poly CL was VERY busy and the lounge always full. It felt way too small and yes, there were more children there than any other CL I've ever stayed in. HR was pretty similar. I remember the first morning we couldn't even get a seat for breakfast so we just left. Oh, there was one empty table and as we went to sit down another guest told us not to, that the table was broken. If you sat someone on it, it tilted and the plates slid.
At the Poly, we never had to wait 10-15 in a line for food. We didn't stay around the lounge to watch fireworks since we had a TPV room and were right next door, literally the first room next to the lounge
HR was a vast disappointment to us. Food offerings are a joke. I'm not sure they prepared any of it in house, pretty much everything we saw was just right from a package. I hate Universal's policy of 1 drink per person at a time. I don't like having to be served each and every drink. Combined that with a line every time we wanted a drink and we were just annoyed. Positive thing I can say is DGD loved all the donuts they had for breakfast. LOL DH and I not so much.
Poly was nothing like that at all though. Foods were pretty much the same things you find in all the lounges. We liked their offerings just fine.

I guess staff wise we found them about the same, we got zero interaction from any of them. Not that I needed help but we never even got a greeting at HR. We did get brought over to Poly and they were too busy to even assist us so the CM that brought us over suggested we find our room ourselves and go back down later to see if they were less busy. I'm fairly sure no one working the lounge ever spoke to us. And I know they didn't at the HR

I was very sad about the HR too, as it is by far and above our favorite resort at Universal. We'd been there many times, most recent before our CL try, for our Anniversary in April and really had a special trip, they gave us several things like drink coupons and a basket in the room. Maybe I just had too high hopes for their CL

Page 1000!

At the GF RPC club now, and only first night trying the offerings (did a quick scan last night), but wow tonight was sad. They had sausage stuffed mushrooms, kids corn dog nuggets, farro salad, some slaw, and then the usual cheeses and veggies and breads. I know it’s not a dinner replacement, but it really seemed like they were missing a protein dish of some sort, like a pork slider to go with the slaw. I don’t really count the sausage in the mushrooms, which wasn’t really detectable. (The mushrooms were good though). It’s funny that people are talking about Hard Rock club, because their offerings back in May were MUCH better than tonight in RPC!!! (For double or triple the price per night give or take?) AKL back in Feb was much better as well. I’m hoping tonight was just an anomaly.

Otherwise the place is beautiful (room view is amazing) and the staff is friendly. Great dinners at Citricos and Narcoossee’s two nights in a row.

And yes the elevator up to the RPC rooms is a big mess with all the people here to see the gingerbread house and the tree and stuff.

Page 1000!

At the GF RPC club now, and only first night trying the offerings (did a quick scan last night), but wow tonight was sad. They had sausage stuffed mushrooms, kids corn dog nuggets, farro salad, some slaw, and then the usual cheeses and veggies and breads. I know it’s not a dinner replacement, but it really seemed like they were missing a protein dish of some sort, like a pork slider to go with the slaw. I don’t really count the sausage in the mushrooms, which wasn’t really detectable. (The mushrooms were good though). It’s funny that people are talking about Hard Rock club, because their offerings back in May were MUCH better than tonight in RPC!!! (For double or triple the price per night give or take?) AKL back in Feb was much better as well. I’m hoping tonight was just an anomaly.

Otherwise the place is beautiful (room view is amazing) and the staff is friendly. Great dinners at Citricos and Narcoossee’s two nights in a row.

And yes the elevator up to the RPC rooms is a big mess with all the people here to see the gingerbread house and the tree and stuff.

Sorry you had a less than stellar night. I’d be completely happy with the corn dog nuggets, but I’m easy to please!! Narcoossees is my favorite place to eat in Disney! Happy you had a great dinner there! Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Hi everyone! :) Gonna post these questions on the hotel-specific threads too, but am posting here as well just in case.

Our big Christmas trip is coming up next week and I wanted to see if anyone had any room request suggestions for us. We've booked a WL Deluxe CL room from 12/20-12/23, and a 1BR BC suite from 12/23-12/27. My understanding is that there are very few of these types of rooms available, so originally I wasn't going to bother with a room request...but I thought that just in case some of you had ideas on better locations/floors, I'd ask.

First time staying at WL for us -- we've stayed at all the other deluxes on property so we're super excited to get to be there at Christmas! And it will be our first time staying CL at BC, though we've stayed non-CL several times before.

Thanks in advance for any wisdom you can share! I'll post pictures here (if that's ok/encouraged) when we return. :)

Hi everyone! :) Gonna post these questions on the hotel-specific threads too, but am posting here as well just in case.

Our big Christmas trip is coming up next week and I wanted to see if anyone had any room request suggestions for us. We've booked a WL Deluxe CL room from 12/20-12/23, and a 1BR BC suite from 12/23-12/27. My understanding is that there are very few of these types of rooms available, so originally I wasn't going to bother with a room request...but I thought that just in case some of you had ideas on better locations/floors, I'd ask.

First time staying at WL for us -- we've stayed at all the other deluxes on property so we're super excited to get to be there at Christmas! And it will be our first time staying CL at BC, though we've stayed non-CL several times before.

Thanks in advance for any wisdom you can share! I'll post pictures here (if that's ok/encouraged) when we return. :)

Have fun! We strongly encourage wonderful pics!:thumbsup2

Page 1000!

I don’t have much of a diet on vacation so may I make a wonderful suggestion, 2 pecan rolls and 2 mimosas.......and whatever else looks good tmrw morning. Have fun @psac!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter