Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Just booked a quick 3 night BWI CL visit for right after Christmas. Tried to get CR CL but all booked :(
The kids wanted to try it as we have only stayed garden wing before. DH and kids love BWI so all is well!

One of the reasons to stay on the monorail was to do a monorail crawl to see all of the Christmas decorations. Does anyone know if you can still valet park at any of the monorail resorts without a restaurant reservation? TIA
Yes, you can pay to valet park anywhere. I guess it's possible they can be full but probably not very likely
Though you may find bussing to MK and then hoping on the monorail from there easy too

Hey guys! Just got this in the mail for our summer GDT stay. I’ve never received one for any prior CL stay, so I it took me a minute to figure out what it was for... especially since our upcoming stay is DVC! 😂

View attachment 453377

View attachment 453376
We got one of those once. I have no idea what triggered it the one time, we’ve never gotten it for any other of our CL stays.

Hi, all -

I'm certain this is in here, but I went back about 12 pages and can't find anything much.

DH and I are headed over for a few days at the tail end of Jan/beginning of Feb, timing that worked well with an available discount and relatively low crowd forecasts. Primary goals are to explore Star Wars land (and hopefully rope drop Rise of the Resistance) - we tend to wind up at Epcot in the afternoons, so we like the Epcot area resorts, though we've not stayed there for a while. We primarily use CL for breakfast and snagging a glass of wine or two and a snack around 5:30. We wound up booking YC CL - nothing was available at either BC or BWI at the discounted rate.

I'm a newbie to this resort. I have seen wonderful reviews of the refurbed rooms, but mostly lukewarm reviews of the club (small), club level staff (chilly), and offerings (weird) - anyone with some recent experiences they can relay? This is academic at this point, but if the consensus is that YC CL is meh, I'll keep my eyes peeled for he possibility of a swap.

Many thanks!

Last edited:
Hi, all -

I'm certain this is in here, but I went back about 12 pages and can't find anything much.

DH and I are headed over for a few days at the tail end of Jan/beginning of Feb, timing that worked well with an available discount and relatively low crowd forecasts. Primary goals are to explore Star Wars land (and hopefully rope drop Rise of the Resistance) - we tend to wind up at Epcot in the afternoons, so we like the Epcot area resorts, though we've not stayed there for a while. We primarily use CL for breakfast and snagging a glass of wine or two and a snack around 5:30. We wound up booking YC CL - nothing was available at either BC or BWI at the discounted rate.

I'm a newbie to this resort. I have seen wonderful reviews of the refurbed rooms, but mostly lukewarm reviews of the club (small), club level staff (chilly), and offerings (weird) - anyone with some recent experiences they can relay? This is academic at this point, but if the consensus is that YC CL is meh, I'll keep my eyes peeled for he possibility of a swap.

Many thanks!
We've stayed many times at both the BWI CL and YC CL. We find the YC CL to be a bright and inviting room. Sure, the BWI has the chef in the evenings but otherwise, we like both CL equally. YC's CM's are nice, food is good and I love that we can step outside on the balcony. The BWI hotel in general is showing its age and God knows the rooms need serious updating. The BWI CL can get stuffy with a lot of food odors when the chef is cooking; the room needs ventilation. We are equal opportunity visitors, we're doing YC CL in a few weeks but in April, we're heading back to the BWI CL, trying one of the outer garden view cottages.

I wouldn't second guess the YC CL, you'll enjoy it.

Hi, all -

Many thanks!
I really like the YC and the CL there. I would say the lounge isn’t as majestic as the MK ones, but the food was good for us, they had a nice hot option each breakfast, and the ability to walk to 2 parks makes it a great choice when we don’t want the MK area. It’s our favorite CL of the Epcot resorts.

That’s awesome! I’ve never received one before. I get a phone call sometimes.

I haven’t received a snail mailing either but I received a call for each of our upcoming GDT stays. We booked rather last minute, so I didn’t expect much but when they called, I did ask for help for a couple of things we need. I think they said the phone number I have can accept texts too which I appreciated. We aren’t really club level people as the food generally doesn’t appear healthy to me, but some of GDT food seems to have more protein. They were also willing to provide proteins simply cooked so I am impressed so far. We are looking for a different experience and I like the art and apparent vibe in the tower and the club area.

Ninafeliz and Crazyhorse, thank you so much for the reassurance! We've done CL at some of the monorail resorts, but given the short trip and our primary goal this time, Epcot was the way to go. After about the third review, I was thinking about booking non-CL elsewhere, but I am spoiled now (what do you mean I have to MAKE MY OWN COFFEE?) ;). I feel much better about this booking now!

Ninafeliz and Crazyhorse, thank you so much for the reassurance! We've done CL at some of the monorail resorts, but given the short trip and our primary goal this time, Epcot was the way to go. After about the third review, I was thinking about booking non-CL elsewhere, but I am spoiled now (what do you mean I have to MAKE MY OWN COFFEE?) ;). I feel much better about this booking now!

we were at YC-CL in February and August and it was lovely both times. You’ll be fine. Enjoy. We are staying BWI-CL next month; YC didn’t have availability. I’m looking forward to BWI, but would have certainly gone to YC again.

Just booked a quick 3 night BWI CL visit for right after Christmas. Tried to get CR CL but all booked :(
The kids wanted to try it as we have only stayed garden wing before. DH and kids love BWI so all is well!

One of the reasons to stay on the monorail was to do a monorail crawl to see all of the Christmas decorations. Does anyone know if you can still valet park at any of the monorail resorts without a restaurant reservation? TIA

If you really want the CR, keep trying. We are staying CR CL the weekend before Christmas and while it wasn't available when I first booked, it eventually became available. People always make changes, so it is possible that what you want will open up. It's not guaranteed that you'll be able to get what you want, but it never hurts to keep checking as you never know ;).

Hi, all -

Many thanks!

I had my first YC CL stay this past summer and it was a great experience! The lounge was nice and the food offerings were good. We ran into a grumpy CM our first morning in the lounge, but after that everyone was nice. Nobody really seemed to go out of their way, but they were all friendly and always welcomed us into the lounge with a smile :).

Hey guys! Just got this in the mail for our summer GDT stay. I’ve never received one for any prior CL stay, so I it took me a minute to figure out what it was for... especially since our upcoming stay is DVC! 😂

View attachment 453377

View attachment 453376
I got one too, and since I had already received a welcoming phone call a couple of days after booking GDT, it was a nice surprise. Still haven't called to request anything, but I like that there's this extra level of care attached to this particular resort.

I got one too, and since I had already received a welcoming phone call a couple of days after booking GDT, it was a nice surprise. Still haven't called to request anything, but I like that there's this extra level of care attached to this particular resort.

Wow, that’s amazing! It is nice to see they are making that extra effort to reach out to some guests! Now, it would be nice to see them be more consistent throughout all the CL’s with this effort!

Funny (or I guess not funny), I get the card and a call without fail every single time, no matter the resort. (For a probably not relevant data point, I always book direct with Disney, FWIW)

But I never get a single AP event, runDisney, or similar e-mail / communication - ever.

It’s maddening! :badpc:

Wow, that’s amazing! It is nice to see they are making that extra effort to reach out to some guests! Now, it would be nice to see them be more consistent throughout all the CL’s with this effort!
Yes to that! I haven't stayed CL very often (been upgraded 2 or 3 times so no advance welcome obviously) but my recent Poly CL stay brought no call or mail prior to the visit. (Sept.)

Funny (or I guess not funny), I get the card and a call without fail every single time, no matter the resort. (For a probably not relevant data point, I always book direct with Disney, FWIW)

But I never get a single AP event, runDisney, or similar e-mail / communication - ever.

It’s maddening! :badpc:

Yes to that! I haven't stayed CL very often (been upgraded 2 or 3 times so no advance welcome obviously) but my recent Poly CL stay brought no call or mail prior to the visit. (Sept.)

We are all pretty lucky here on the Dis, in the sense that we get such great information from each other. I just feel bad for people who might not be on the Dis, who do not know you can call and ask for additional help from signature services or maybe even book additional club level fast passes. I think they need to put in a little bit more of an effort to reach out to CL guests, especially when they are paying for these included services.

FYI... :) I was just on the phone with DSS, so I decided to ask about the welcome card/ call. I was told that if you book through a travel agent, they do not call or send a card as they don't want to "step on the travel agent's toes", but if you book directly, you should receive them (this goes along with @GADisneyDad14 's experience above, I believe).

Last edited:
Just FYI... :) I was just on the phone with DSS, so I decided to ask about the welcome card/ call. I was told that if you book through a travel agent, they do not call or send a card as they don't want to "step on the travel agent's toes", but if you book directly, you should receive them (this goes along with @GADisneyDad14 's experience above, I believe).

I have only booked direct with Disney, and this is the only time I have ever received anything from them prior to a CL stay. Could just be random?

I have only booked direct with Disney, and this is the only time I have ever received anything from them prior to a CL stay. Could just be random?
Haha! I did tell the CM it still seems hit or miss, but he felt it shouldn’t be (which is likely true!). As always, if I called back, the next CM could have a different answer. 😆
He did say the cards are sent out from the reservation center, NOT from DSS.
It’s a little thing, but the little things help make the experience special!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter