Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Haha! I did tell the CM it stills seems hit or miss, but he felt it shouldn’t be. As always, if I called back, the next CM could have a different answer. 🙄
He did say the cards are sent out from the reservation center, NOT from DSS.
It’s a little thing, but the little things help make the experience special!

So typical!!!!!! But I completely agree, I love all the little things that make our trips so much more special!!

FYI... :) I was just on the phone with DSS, so I decided to ask about the welcome card/ call. I was told that if you book through a travel agent, they do not call or send a card as they don't want to "step on the travel agent's toes", but if you book directly, you should receive them (this goes along with @GADisneyDad14 's experience above, I believe).
That's pretty obvious. Disney doesn't do anything with a reservation done by a TA. The TA is the one that should know these things already. Granted, they all don't know but they SHOULD. Training is anywhere from woefully none to on top of it all.
I am sure they do intend to get a welcome notice out to all but with so many bookings per day some are bound to fall through the cracks. No excuse mind you, just a reason. What they should do is have something that codes a first time guest and make sure those are the ones they call via phone and then send a card to the repeat guests. Figure that's expecting too much of the computer systems though.

FYI... :) I was just on the phone with DSS, so I decided to ask about the welcome card/ call. I was told that if you book through a travel agent, they do not call or send a card as they don't want to "step on the travel agent's toes", but if you book directly, you should receive them (this goes along with @GADisneyDad14 's experience above, I believe).
Well then, that leaves me out since we booked through our TA.

Funny (or I guess not funny), I get the card and a call without fail every single time, no matter the resort. (For a probably not relevant data point, I always book direct with Disney, FWIW)

But I never get a single AP event, runDisney, or similar e-mail / communication - ever.

It’s maddening! :badpc:
This topic comes up on here periodically, and I want to say that I cannot for the life of me find any rhyme or reason as to why some people get cards, phone calls, emails, a combo of those, or nothing! we have stayed CL in the ballpark of 16 times, so not a ton by any means but also not just once or twice. We got a card once and a phone call once. All but 3 or so were booked directly, the others were with the magical Poly deal. We've been at most of the resorts, and it's been over a span of around 9 years, so both IPO and DSS were involved.

Also, the one lonely phone call that we received was about a month ago for our upcoming RPC stay in Feb 2020. I didn't answer the phone when they called, so the CM left a message, and it was the most lackluster message I have ever heard! She was obviously reading from a script, and was talking in a complete bored monotone. I could just feel the disinterest exuding from her as I listened to the message. Unless she has a drastic change when she is speaking in person I don't think this would be a good CM to be talking to when you call anyway!

FWIW, for whatever lucky reason I have always gotten the AP emails. However, I didn't renew mine so I guess that's the end of that :sad1:.

This topic comes up on here periodically, and I want to say that I cannot for the life of me find any rhyme or reason as to why some people get cards, phone calls, emails, a combo of those, or nothing! we have stayed CL in the ballpark of 16 times, so not a ton by any means but also not just once or twice. We got a card once and a phone call once. All but 3 or so were booked directly, the others were with the magical Poly deal. We've been at most of the resorts, and it's been over a span of around 9 years, so both IPO and DSS were involved.

Also, the one lonely phone call that we received was about a month ago for our upcoming RPC stay in Feb 2020. I didn't answer the phone when they called, so the CM left a message, and it was the most lackluster message I have ever heard! She was obviously reading from a script, and was talking in a complete bored monotone. I could just feel the disinterest exuding from her as I listened to the message. Unless she has a drastic change when she is speaking in person I don't think this would be a good CM to be talking to when you call anyway!

FWIW, for whatever lucky reason I have always gotten the AP emails. However, I didn't renew mine so I guess that's the end of that :sad1:.
Without a doubt they do this. I have gotten many phone calls, pretty much one with each trip. I never answer it as I know I'm not going to use their services but they always leave a message. Even the phone number is the same, I have it stored so when they call it comes up as DSS. I've left the message on my phone and every one is the exact same message, other than the name of the CS rep and the month of the trip.

Without a doubt they do this. I have gotten many phone calls, pretty much one with each trip. I never answer it as I know I'm not going to use their services but they always leave a message. Even the phone number is the same, I have it stored so when they call it comes up as DSS. I've left the message on my phone and every one is the exact same message, other than the name of the CS rep and the month of the trip.
Sure, I get that they have a scripted response to leave on a machine. But she was rotely reading in a dull monotone. I have had DVC reps call and leave a message and they also are reading a script but they use inflection and are chippy and happy, like they are thrilled to be making the call. I’m sure they aren’t, and sometimes it’s a little much and I roll my eyes to myself, but it’s better than the sheer lack of enthusiasm that I got from this message.

Sure, I get that they have a scripted response to leave on a machine. But she was rotely reading in a dull monotone. I have had DVC reps call and leave a message and they also are reading a script but they use inflection and are chippy and happy, like they are thrilled to be making the call. I’m sure they aren’t, and sometimes it’s a little much and I roll my eyes to myself, but it’s better than the sheer lack of enthusiasm that I got from this message.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Mine have run like 80% normal/good phone communication style, 10% too much Pixie Dust in their coffee, and 10% just a little off.

I say that with all the love though. I’ve made plenty of calls / voicemails over the years, and I’m sure not all have been gems. 😎

I sometimes wonder if it’s hard to get good people to stick around at a place like DSS or if it’s a valued/respected role in the overall corporate structure?

I've received an email once from dss at the Poly (prior to centralized dss) and that was booked by a TA. The other stays was a mix of TAs and disney direct. I have never received a call or a card.

I almost always book through a TA, never received communication from Disney prior to my trip. I reached out to IPO/DSS myself when looking for assistance and try were happy to help.

(Wilderness Lodge CL called the day before my stay but they are separate from DSS and are known for reaching out right before a stay starts.)

If you really want the CR, keep trying. We are staying CR CL the weekend before Christmas and while it wasn't available when I first booked, it eventually became available. People always make changes, so it is possible that what you want will open up. It's not guaranteed that you'll be able to get what you want, but it never hurts to keep checking as you never know ;).
I was able to change it today!! So now we will get to try CR Atrium CL woohoo!! I guess it helps to stalk it every day lol!

I think this upcoming CL stay will be #7 if you count my split stays and this was the first time that I ever got a call (or ANYTHING). Our stay is Jan 2020 and she called a few weeks ago and let me tell you, this woman was an absolute doll! She was so cheerful and sweet and peppy. I was over the moon! The only thing that was odd was that she wanted to know if she could help with anything, but didn't give any examples of what she could help with. When I told her we had stayed there CL before, she acted as if this was news to her, so I don't think that's why.

Sorry to ask this again because I know it is total opinion but can you guys give me a list of your favorite club level resorts? We are looking for that perfect combination of great food, great experience without huge crowds, great lounge, and great location. :)

Thanks so much!!!!

Sorry to ask this again because I know it is total opinion but can you guys give me a list of your favorite club level resorts? We are looking for that perfect combination of great food, great experience without huge crowds, great lounge, and great location. :)

Thanks so much!!!!
Could you give us a little bit of info? are you going as an adult couple or as a family? What parks do you plan to visit the most?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter