Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

For those having MB issues because you have too many. It is not enough to just deactivate them, they have to be removed from your account. You can not do this yourself, but the CL CM's can easily do it for you. To make it easier deactivate the ones you no longer want to use then just tell the CM to remove all deactivated bands. I do not guarantee that you will not have any more issues...just that they can't use that as the excuse. :lmao:

I do have to mention, the toiletries are possibly the worst selection I’ve ever had for a CL stay!

We had the same toiletries staying at a regular Boardwalk room, and I now bring my own shampoo and conditioner because I cannot stand that green shampoo they provide. :crazy2:

What can you tell me about Contemporary CL? I'm considering a CL theme park view room for a future trip for the fireworks. From watching videos and reading, I understand there are probably better club levels on property but how is this one in general? Would it be better to not splurge and just do a main building room theme park view? I figured 12th floor would provide a great view.

For those having MB issues because you have too many. It is not enough to just deactivate them, they have to be removed from your account. You can not do this yourself, but the CL CM's can easily do it for you. To make it easier deactivate the ones you no longer want to use then just tell the CM to remove all deactivated bands. I do not guarantee that you will not have any more issues...just that they can't use that as the excuse. :lmao:
I did that over the phone with IT prior to this stay. But the ones I kept are all relatively current, I don’t want to have to get rid of that many! I mean, they push for you to buy all of these special ones, and they even let you upgrade at a discount the one you get with your room stay, but they can’t handle it on their system? I did inactivate the ones we won’t be using this trip, I’ve been told both that inactivating does and doesn’t make a difference, but I figure it can’t hurt. The CM on the 3rd floor desk told me they hadn’t planned for people to make so many trips and build up so many magic bands when they started it!

What can you tell me about Contemporary CL? I'm considering a CL theme park view room for a future trip for the fireworks. From watching videos and reading, I understand there are probably better club levels on property but how is this one in general? Would it be better to not splurge and just do a main building room theme park view? I figured 12th floor would provide a great view.

It’s a personal fav. I’ve always found the CMs there warm and caring. The small size of the floor and lovely lounge make for nice logistics. A TPV room is quentessential WDW.

There may be other resorts and resort/CL combinations that we like better than CR, but it’s always held a spot somewhere in the upper third on the list for us.

One alternative - since the lounge overlooks the MK, you can save some money and book the standard view CL category and you’ll look out over Bay Lake - a wonderful view on its own right. You get the best of both worlds given the lounge view to get a MK view fix.

Happy to answer any questions.

I did that over the phone with IT prior to this stay. But the ones I kept are all relatively current, I don’t want to have to get rid of that many! I mean, they push for you to buy all of these special ones, and they even let you upgrade at a discount the one you get with your room stay, but they can’t handle it on their system? I did inactivate the ones we won’t be using this trip, I’ve been told both that inactivating does and doesn’t make a difference, but I figure it can’t hurt. The CM on the 3rd floor desk told me they hadn’t planned for people to make so many trips and build up so many magic bands when they started it!
I've had persistent magic band issues in the past. After talking to IT, I pared down my active MB's to 2. I deleted the rest. For me, it seems to have made a huge difference. Whatever I can do to avoid waiting for help while I'm on vacation is worth it.

And I agree, it's crazy that they sell MB's like a fashion accessory and yet the system struggles to access them when you use "too many" of them.

Re the too many MBs issue...according to the very nice CM at the BC club lounge, they can’t actually deactivate bands themselves, they call IT to do it. However, they are more than willing to do that, and it saved me an international long distance call, which I greatly appreciated.

No idea if it’s really the problem, but it’s nice to have all the old MBs removed from the list. We never get the upgraded bands, and I’d love to be able to decline new MBs, but until they get that feature working properly in MDE then having the CL CMs call in to IT is an easy Plan B.

After doing my first Club Level at AKL at Christmas, I just got sucked into changing part of my May trip to include BW Club level because I thought it was a good deal (is $523 good??). We have never stayed or visited this resort, but based on the good reviews on this thread,I thought we would give it a try. Now I have to rearrange my dining plans. :)

Our experience at AKL CL was great.

Thanks for your review, glad you had a great AKL CL stay. BWI is a beautiful resort and CL there is amazing (IMO). Good luck with rearranging your dining. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

I am moving to AKL CL from BWI CL tomorrow, and look forward to the food!

What a great split! Hope you have a great time at BWI CL :goodvibes.

I agree with what GADisneyDad posted about CR CL, as well as the room/view. We had our first stay this past December and it was amazing! We had a standard CL room with a great view of Bay lake and enjoyed the nightly fireworks from the lounge. I don't know that I'd pay extra for TPV CL, but IMO, I do think it's worth the extra cost for standard CL over a regular TPV room :).

One alternative - since the lounge overlooks the MK, you can save some money and book the standard view CL category and you’ll look out over Bay Lake - a wonderful view on its own right. You get the best of both worlds given the lounge view to get a MK view fix.

:thumbsup2

I have several active bands...a gal needs to coordinate with outfits. :) I also have a couple on magic keepers because in the warm weather I don't even wear one. We go two sometimes three times a year and usually split between 2 resorts. The add up quickly.
I've had persistent magic band issues in the past. After talking to IT, I pared down my active MB's to 2. I deleted the rest. For me, it seems to have made a huge difference. Whatever I can do to avoid waiting for help while I'm on vacation is worth it.

And I agree, it's crazy that they sell MB's like a fashion accessory and yet the system struggles to access them when you use "too many" of them.

I agree it is crazy, even when you decline them they often send you gray ones anyway. We had a three resort split last July and I declined them on all three, they sent one set in the mail for one resort and had another set waiting for us at another resort. :confused3 They keep coming out with special bands and encourage you to buy more on top of the free ones then blame you for having too many. :crazy2:

Re the too many MBs issue...according to the very nice CM at the BC club lounge, they can’t actually deactivate bands themselves, they call IT to do it. However, they are more than willing to do that, and it saved me an international long distance call, which I greatly appreciated.

No idea if it’s really the problem, but it’s nice to have all the old MBs removed from the list. We never get the upgraded bands, and I’d love to be able to decline new MBs, but until they get that feature working properly in MDE then having the CL CMs call in to IT is an easy Plan B.
This is what I did in December. I have been deactivating them for years, then I asked the YC CM if he could remove them and he said yes no problem. I told him to delete all deactivated bands, and when I checked later they were gone. It is not an international call for me but I hate making phone calls especially if I will be on hold for any length of time.

How many magic bands is too many? I only have 2 from previous trips.

How many magic bands is too many? I only have 2 from previous trips.
I don't think anyone knows the magic number or if that is even the problem just that Disney will tell you that whenever you have MB problems. You aren't even close to having too many. We have at least 50, most deactivated, but probably at least 10 active ones for two people. For people that go multiple times a year it is easy to accumulate many...I'm sure there are people that have hundreds if they go multiple times a year and have several people on their account. Add in a couple of split stays and you can see how they easily add up.

We just stayed CR CL right after Christmas and loved it! We stayed in a lake view room but could easily find a spot on the balcony for HEA. We enjoyed all the offerings and typically think it is worth it if we will be able to enjoy at least BF each morning. The CL staff were very nice and helpful.
We have only done CL at Poly and BWI and I would say each was wonderful in their own way. Over the others we have tried, we enjoyed the food choices and location to MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter