Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I actually just called back to make absolutely sure, and no, no refund on the CL portion. Here's the reasoning:

The Riviera was significantly higher rack rate than the YC was AT THE RATE I PAID. That's important. I was on an AP discount. So...while they say you aren't getting charged to move, they are, in effect, taking away any discount you had. Had they compared rack rate at YC CL to rack rate at Riviera, there would have been a significant difference. But they aren't. They're looking at what you paid for where you are compared to rack rate at where they're moving you.

That does not explain my daughter who, with an AP discount, got moved from POFQ to OKW to a 2 br AND got a refund nearly $300 for her 5 night stay. It is what it is, and we will not be going to the Riviera. If we went at all, and I highly doubt it, we'll just stay at OKW with her. She's paying $250 a night/6 people. Sure beats what I'm paying.
Yeah, the way they’ve been doing the moves, if you booked a less expensive room (value, mod), the resort change will likely work nicely in your favor. If you booked a more expensive room at a deluxe, especially one with a discount, what they have been providing seem at best a lateral move, and at worst a downgrade, especially in terms of real beds.

I still need to call about my December reservation, but with all the modification freezes, I don’t think I’m going to have my problem resolved any time soon.

Yeah, the way they’ve been doing the moves, if you booked a less expensive room (value, mod), the resort change will likely work nicely in your favor. If you booked a more expensive room at a deluxe, especially one with a discount, what they have been providing seem at best a lateral move, and at worst a downgrade, especially in terms of real beds.

I still need to call about my December reservation, but with all the modification freezes, I don’t think I’m going to have my problem resolved any time soon.
We have a December reservation too. Are you concerned about your December reservation? If so, why? Just curious...trying to keep up on what's going on.

We have a December reservation too. Are you concerned about your December reservation? If so, why? Just curious...trying to keep up on what's going on.
You can not call for changes now unless you check in now and check out by July 11th, they doing things very very slowly!

I have July ,August, October and January 1-3. I’ll go to all if I have $ to do it aka NY opens up for me to work already !

Mine are short weekends and I have one night paid so I’m hoping it works out.

You can not call for changes now unless you check in now and check out by July 11th, they doing things very very slowly!

I have July ,August, October and January 1-3. I’ll go to all if I have $ to do it aka NY opens up for me to work already !

Mine are short weekends and I have one night paid so I’m hoping it works out.
Ok. I'm not wanting to cancel December...willing to see where things go from here. If we have to do a mask thing, we will. The deal breaker will be if there is no parking hopping, with our AP.

I posted last week. They downgraded my December CSR GDT Tower Standard View with Club Level Access to a regular CSR standard (non-Tower) room when they took off my free dining plan. They have not communicated if they took it off when they modified my reservation because CL won’t be back by December or if it was a mistake.

I posted last week. They downgraded my December CSR GDT Tower Standard View with Club Level Access to a regular CSR standard (non-Tower) room when they took off my free dining plan. They have not communicated if they took it off when they modified my reservation because CL won’t be back by December or if it was a mistake.
Might have to wait until they get all systems up and running and normal CMs can access normal hotels in the booking system again. One thing about it is nobody can book GDT CL out from underneath you right now. Even if they don't get all the booking back online in the next few weeks maybe we'll at least get somebody in rebooking who doesn't have a stick... uh, where the sun don't shine... when it comes to CL bookings...

Might have to wait until they get all systems up and running and normal CMs can access normal hotels in the booking system again. One thing about it is nobody can book GDT CL out from underneath you right now. Even if they don't get all the booking back online in the next few weeks maybe we'll at least get somebody in rebooking who doesn't have a stick... uh, where the sun don't shine... when it comes to CL bookings...
I think you’re right. We just need to sit tight. I haven’t seen a bunch of comments yet from December guests that their CL has been cancelled....yet:). Lots of things can change in 6 months. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for everyone.

Interesting. Oversight, or maybe that will be the experiment/dry run for the CLs in Florida?
I really wonder! DLR is carving its own way right now hotel wise so maybe they’ll try a modified CL as they don’t want to lose the CL revenue? The GCH CL has great fresh air circulation now that windows open and it has a patio area... or they made a mistake. I hope it’s the former! (And I hope they don’t intend to run CL on the lawn in Aug again. That was excruciatingly bad from what I understand- they did that while the lounge was being remodeled a couple years ago.)

I say they’re carving their own way because they are giving cancelled people discounts on future trips, they are allowing the booking of hotels right now, they are upgrading DLH bookings to GCH for the DLH closure period... its a whole different vibe over on the DLR board from the people being cancelled on than what WDW people are going through...

ETA: I would like to add the GCH espresso machine is the most COVID friendly espresso machine by far! All you do is put the cup under it and select your beverage from the touch screen. No pod nonsense, no multiple people using it at the same time.

Last edited:

True for the GDT one...but someone just reported they could (and did) book a night at Jambo CL for August, so someone could book mine out from under me for my September stay!

I am still waiting for a call back...tried to call again Thursday and after waiting on hold got someone who said "well wouldn't that be because CL isn't being offered when they open?" and before I could explain that I had talked to several people last week the call dropped and I didn't bother calling back. Maybe I will Monday.

True for the GDT one...but someone just reported they could (and did) book a night at Jambo CL for August, so someone could book mine out from under me for my September stay!

I am still waiting for a call back...tried to call again Thursday and after waiting on hold got someone who said "well wouldn't that be because CL isn't being offered when they open?" and before I could explain that I had talked to several people last week the call dropped and I didn't bother calling back. Maybe I will Monday.

Did the person you reference book DVC AKL CL (gosh, that’s a lot of acronyms)?

Just curious—where did you see that someone booked a Jambo CL room in August? I thought cash reservations for the resorts were unavailable? Are you sure it wasn’t DVC? If it was, those are completely different rooms than what you booked and wouldn’t mess with availability for your trip.

Edited: Sorry! Cross posted with pangyal!

Yes, good point it was DVC AKL CL (alphabet soup indeed!). Sorry I wasn’t clear... yeah DVC is all that can be booked right now I didn’t think about it being a different pool... though if they wind up limiting the number with club access (since at AKL it’s not a separate floor) it could still mean the capacity will be first come first serve.

I do take exception at the idea my CL was lost is because they aren’t having it if someone was able to book a night before I arrive though.

Yes, good point it was DVC AKL CL (alphabet soup indeed!). Sorry I wasn’t clear... yeah DVC is all that can be booked right now I didn’t think about it being a different pool... though if they wind up limiting the number with club access (since at AKL it’s not a separate floor) it could still mean the capacity will be first come first serve.

I do take exception at the idea my CL was lost is because they aren’t having it if someone was able to book a night before I arrive though.
Yes, I totally understand your frustration and sympathize with your situation. The CL rooms for DVC are actually studios (or 1 bedroom) and are in a different location with a different make up (queen and sofa bed vs 2 queens) than the cash rooms, but I understand the lounge capacity concerns. If it makes you feel better there are probably none left as there are only about 5 of each kind of those.

Yes, the DVC rooms are on the sixth floor and are the only ones up there on the same floor as the lounge. There are only five two-bedroom lock offs in total, so very few rooms. Also, they allow for booking regardless of whether the CL service is running or not, as we’ve learned. Bottom line- don’t worry that your room is being booked from under you :)!

I have an end of August stay at the WL CL that's still showing club, although I guess that might be just because they are still working through July reservations. I am definitely holding out hope the CL will be open by then. I had originally been booked for the first week of June in AKL CL...when I had to make that switch I couldn't imagine that things wouldn't be back to full swing by the end of August!

I have an end of August stay at the WL CL that's still showing club, although I guess that might be just because they are still working through July reservations. I am definitely holding out hope the CL will be open by then. I had originally been booked for the first week of June in AKL CL...when I had to make that switch I couldn't imagine that things wouldn't be back to full swing by the end of August!
Lol I call wdw several times a day hoping my dates finally available to modify, 7/16-19.

Come on dis let’s go!

I did myself a favor and cancelled my trip yesterday from 7/15-7/19. Even if they do open CL by then I couldn't justify the lack of communication from Disney regarding this with the fact that it was giving me unnecessary anxiety daily. I'm pretty disappointed as this would have been my first CR tower stay in years, and the first one in a CL suite. Thanks for all the support and entertainment these last few months!

I'd LOVE to agree with you here!!
My upcoming December bounce back trip- Wilderness Lodge, club level, free dining - has been updated to reflect the "recovery 20" discount, but still remains "standard room - club level" in my reservation on MDE.

I'm hoping that they aren't making decisions in June for what "might be" in December, which is still 6 months away.
What is the "recovery 20" discount?

Yeah, we rejected the "free" dining out of hand for our canceled May trip because it wasn't worth anywhere near being booked Poly CL on an AP discount, and I honestly don't regret it after seeing other people's reports of changes. Sure we could have ended up in a Poly studio but we also could have ended up in a FW cabin or Riviera, neither of which we would want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter