Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

The draw of low crowds in HP world is strong- and I’m in CA 🤣 I also have become much more interested in Volcano Bay as I’ve never been...
Yeah, we just booked five days at Universal for the first week of August. We’ve never been for more than two days, so we are definitely planning to check out Volcano Bay for the first time! I would love to see how much business they are pulling from Disney this summer, but I don’t think we would ever be privy to those numbers.

Is there anyone here who is booked for CL at either WL or BWI? (we do split trips) For us (family of 6) all of our food comes from the club lounge... no restaurants or food from the little shops... we're not doing the parks this year, resort only... that's why we book CL. It makes it simple to get all our food at the club lounge.

With CL food no longer available... where would we get food at WL and BWI?

All I know about WL is they have snacks and take out at Roaring Fork..... what else?

BWI is a little better.... there's the Screen Door store & the little hot dog shack & even the Speedway across the street for snacks. What else?

Is there anyone here who is booked for CL at either WL or BWI? (we do split trips) For us (family of 6) all of our food comes from the club lounge... no restaurants or food from the little shops... we're not doing the parks this year, resort only... that's why we book CL. It makes it simple to get all our food at the club lounge.

All I know about WL is they have snacks and take out at Roaring Fork..... what else?

BWI is a little better.... there's the Screen Door store & the little hot dog shack & even the Speedway across the street for snacks. What else?
WL will have Geyser Point too which previously had a nice quick service menu in addition to its lounge menu. Not sure on the modified version. There is also Whispering Canyon cafe.

This is heading towards OT for this thread but I see comments about Uni CL and the Uni resorts somewhat often, so looking for some help/support/assurance from those with experience.

We're a WDW family true and true, have never been to Uni or their resorts (for no particular reason, just have never had the right opportunity to go).

Our trip is before the WDW parks open, so were going to use the time to hit other Central FL things we always say we want to do but never do. I could have kept the WDW stay (and moved to a villa) but as I posted about above I cancelled it as I had also booked Royal Pacific CL. My original thinking was we'd rather try something new, there was transparency that they are open, we've really wanted to go to Volcano Bay.

As soon as I cancelled WDW I had some pretty strong regret - fear of the unknown vs known I guess. It can't be undone so it is what it is. Just looking for some positive vibes about Royal Pacific CL for a mainly WDW-focused fam.

Thanks all. :goodvibes

Sorry this post is SUPER OT. I completely understand how you feel. We were always a WDW family and went several times per year. However, my DD11 became obsessed with HP so we promised her we would go to UO for her 11th birthday. I had very low expectations about UO and although we live less than an hour away I hadn't been in at least 15 years. All I can say is that we were all pleasantly surprised. One morning we were eating at the Leaky cauldron for breakfast (highly recommend) and my DH, DD11 and DS7 all turned to me and said mom, we dont know how to say this but OU is better than WDW in like every way. I had to say I couldn't really argue (although CS meals are sorely lacking behind WDW). Given, having the express pass is a complete game changer, not having to plan ANYTHING at all is a bit weird at first, it made the trip much less stressful. Also as @trishadono said ( I think I'm quoting the right person) marathon the HP movies if you haven't already seen them, everything will make much more sense. The HP areas get a lot of attention but the whole park has a lot to offer.

As far as your hotel, we havent stayed at RP yet. We stayed at the HRH and enjoyed it so much my DH doesnt want to try anywhere else but I can say we thought it was right on par, if not better than any WDW hotel and we've stayed at every deluxe at WDW. Have fun!!!!

Having stayed at both, BWI is closer to more options. S&D, YC, BC are all very close and all offer grab and go places. I prefer YCs grab and go over BCs. The dolphin has more options than the swan but both have coffee bars, etc. Don't discount WL though, for what Roaring Fork and Geyser point offer, it's all very good.

Sorry this post is SUPER OT. I completely understand how you feel. We were always a WDW family and went several times per year. However, my DD11 became obsessed with HP so we promised her we would go to UO for her 11th birthday. I had very low expectations about UO and although we live less than an hour away I hadn't been in at least 15 years. All I can say is that we were all pleasantly surprised. One morning we were eating at the Leaky cauldron for breakfast (highly recommend) and my DH, DD11 and DS7 all turned to me and said mom, we dont know how to say this but OU is better than WDW in like every way. I had to say I couldn't really argue (although CS meals are sorely lacking behind WDW). Given, having the express pass is a complete game changer, not having to plan ANYTHING at all is a bit weird at first, it made the trip much less stressful. Also as @trishadono said ( I think I'm quoting the right person) marathon the HP movies if you haven't already seen them, everything will make much more sense. The HP areas get a lot of attention but the whole park has a lot to offer.

As far as your hotel, we havent stayed at RP yet. We stayed at the HRH and enjoyed it so much my DH doesnt want to try anywhere else but I can say we thought it was right on par, if not better than any WDW hotel and we've stayed at every deluxe at WDW. Have fun!!!!

Omg I could quote every movie lol and dd and I have reread the books too many times to count!

Dd and I are considering working it in. We went when it 1st opened but she was 15 not 25 she is now so I’m sure it will be different and lots of new stuff.

However I’m hoping at least 1 of my cl booked trips works out. I have GF in August and New Years, and poly in October.

Oh we were so lazy we ate at the Hardrock restaurant at the parks entrance. So easy to work in coming or going!

You give me hope! We too are making the move to Universal. We had considered doing it this summer, but the numbers have me concerned. If things improve we may give it a try later in the fall, but definitely next summer! It sounds like heaven not having to plan too far in advance.

Fully dedicated WDW family and in over 30 yrs going, we’ve only been to U/O once about 5 years ago and I intensely disliked it. HP was fun, but that was it for us. We found the food lacking, characters were just a sad comparison to WDW and cast wasn’t particularly friendly. My grandson was only 3 and there just wasn’t a lot he could do, but even at 3 he wanted to do it all, so it was mostly just frustrating,

He’s 8 now, still a thrill ride junkie and just the tiniest bit shy of being tall enough to ride everything. We were going to take 1 day of our WDW trip to let him try U/O but that trip is gone.

I’m anxious about dedicating an entire trip to FL without WDW in our plans, but we’re doing it. Sounds like things have improved!

Wl has pool bars, roaring fork, artist point and that new place out by lake. They have a tapas menu and a to go side too.

Don’t forget room service!

Bwi has the Belleview lounge for quick things like coffee, danish and bagel. (It’s on 2nd floor not far from lobby)

The Tratoria de Forno (sp?) has a character meal breakfast but it also has a room for people with out ressies and does not have characters. You just go to podium and ask for a non character meal and they offer indoor or out , season permitting.

Bwi is not my fav for food but you have lots of options with swolphin and YC/bc nearby.

Omg I could quote every movie lol and dd and I have reread the books too many times to count!

OMG Trish, I’m slightly obsessed with HP myself!!!! NEVER had I imagined I’d even watch one, let alone every weekend when the marathons are on TV!!!!!!! We watched the first one back in 2016 when we went to UO, and it was enough to make us want to know what happens next!!!!!! ‘You’re a wizard, Harry!!’ 🤓

BWI club level end of January is booked-hopefully it will be open- fingers crossed but hoping sooner for everyone.
I have it booked for my annual birthday trip in December, but I am not holding out hope for it. My main gate will probably still be blocked for quite some time to come, on MDE it no longer shows my cast discount on my room, so may be canceling. my husband qualifies for the military discount and passes, so we can always use that. I am beginning to think my next trip will be in February 2022 when we do our huge family blow out trip for our 50th anniversary!

Last edited:
KerryCM. I will have good thoughts for you but I am like you. It will just be Rob and I in January since daughter is in grad school so we are just going to take it as it comes and make the most of it. I just want to be there. Our first 2021 trip does go into February but I am guessing we will miss each other again.

KerryCM. I will have good thoughts for you but I am like you. It will just be Rob and I in January since daughter is in grad school so we are just going to take it as it comes and make the most of it. I just want to be there. Our first 2021 trip does go into February but I am guessing we will miss each other again.
I am hoping to go in February again too, but like I said probably will hold out until 2022. We will just travel around the country for now. I want my 50th to be really special with all my children and grandchildren at my favorite place. We plan on going all out, so by not going between now and then I will save some money!

This is heading towards OT for this thread but I see comments about Uni CL and the Uni resorts somewhat often, so looking for some help/support/assurance from those with experience.

We're a WDW family true and true, have never been to Uni or their resorts (for no particular reason, just have never had the right opportunity to go).

Our trip is before the WDW parks open, so were going to use the time to hit other Central FL things we always say we want to do but never do. I could have kept the WDW stay (and moved to a villa) but as I posted about above I cancelled it as I had also booked Royal Pacific CL. My original thinking was we'd rather try something new, there was transparency that they are open, we've really wanted to go to Volcano Bay.

As soon as I cancelled WDW I had some pretty strong regret - fear of the unknown vs known I guess. It can't be undone so it is what it is. Just looking for some positive vibes about Royal Pacific CL for a mainly WDW-focused fam.

Thanks all. :goodvibes

Royal Pacific and the Royal Club will probably surprise you, especially if you had got a better rate, we have AP, and have had Club rooms for $270ish a night......CLUB! So what I’ve seen of your posts over the years and I know you and the Fam really enjoy Poly, this is not the Poly but not in a bad way it’s a great variation and RP has done some great updates throughout, I would think your younger children will like the pool set up as well, no slide but a fun splash pad water feature area.

The lounge itself is recently refurbed, the staff are great!

One thing different from Disney though is any of the liquor you’d want has a small fee, beer and wine are on the house still......so to say.

Did you book a 2 queen???

Any guesses on whether or not club level will return this year? We are currently booked club level Thanksgiving week At BWI. Also wishing a discount will be offered. :genie:

I'm curious as well as we have a BB booked at WL CL in December. The worst part is not knowing much of anything 🙁.

I just canceled my BWI CL week of August 14. I was so sad. The CM was awesome. We decided to wait till next year. I looked forward though to hearing how it goes for those who decide to go. I hope it is awesome,

I'm sorry you cancelled, but I hope you can start planning for next year soon :wizard:.

LOVE this!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter