Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

We are checking in on Nov 7. I'm excited because it is our first stay at GF, Club Level.
Exciting! I’m thinking of booking at Grand Floridian Club Level next year. I just am wondering if the club level food isn’t as good as it used to be? I saw this video from last year during the holiday season that goes in depth of the food and the breakfast and nightly appetizers look really good (they even made them scrambled eggs!).
But videos I’ve seen of recent offerings seemed to have been cut back. I wonder if the offerings change during the season?Please let us know if this is the case when you go!

Disney confession time… I told myself I was done with CL at Disney after I felt my last CLstays in DL and WDW in ‘22 weren’t worth it- but time must heal all wounds because I’ve booked GDT CL for April 🤣 My last and only stay was a solo trip in ‘19 and I loved it. This time I’ll get to introduce it to my parents and sister (I’m excited about that as they love GDT but have never stayed GDT CL). Time to read up on what’s been going on at Chronos Club lately!

Disney confession time… I told myself I was done with CL at Disney after I felt my last CLstays in DL and WDW in ‘22 weren’t worth it- but time must heal all wounds because I’ve booked GDT CL for April 🤣 My last and only stay was a solo trip in ‘19 and I loved it. This time I’ll get to introduce it to my parents and sister (I’m excited about that as they love GDT but have never stayed GDT CL). Time to read up on what’s been going on at Chronos Club lately!
I’ve mostly sworn off CL as well but have GDT CL booked for January. Got a great Bounceback deal and jumped on it. We stayed last Jan during the same week, and it was excellent. I hope your experience is just as good!

I've searched and can't find a recent comment on this. We are going to BC in Feb 2024. I booked a 1 bedroom suite in CL. It's me, my son and his wife. Can anyone tell me if the new sleep sofa's are comfortable in CL? It may be for them (not me). Would it be okay for 2 adults? TYIA

I've searched and can't find a recent comment on this. We are going to BC in Feb 2024. I booked a 1 bedroom suite in CL. It's me, my son and his wife. Can anyone tell me if the new sleep sofa's are comfortable in CL? It may be for them (not me). Would it be okay for 2 adults? TYIA

I can’t speak to if they put new sleeper sofas in the 1BRs with the recent light refurb, but generally speaking my experience with pull out sofa beds at Disney is that they are OK but not great. I can deal with them in a pinch but not my first choice if I’m honest.

Just curious, are you familiar with the 1BR layout? Obviously everyone has different comfort levels in accommodations but my first reaction is that it’s a bit of a weird room layout for 3 adults.

I can’t comment personally on the new sofa bed since we haven’t been there post remodel, but I will say that the 1-bed suites at BC CL are very odd. There are French doors between the living area and bedroom that don’t have privacy curtains - at least they didn’t before the remodel; it was just sheers. The French doors also make a lot of noise when you try to open them if they’ve been fully closed. Not a huge deal, except that the bathroom is near the door to the suite, so if you need to use it at night, you’ll likely disturb those sleeping on the sofa bed with the noise, as well as the need to walk past their bed to get to the restroom. And don’t turn on the light until you actually close the door to the toilet since that can def be seen by those on the sofa bed - my kid complained daily since my husband is a very early riser, even at Disney. I’m pretty sure there’s more room to walk at the foot of the bed nearer the bathroom in a regular 2-queen than there was in the 1-bed suite with the sofa bed open. For a suite, they aren’t significantly bigger than a 2-queen CL, imo.

I can’t comment personally on the new sofa bed since we haven’t been there post remodel, but I will say that the 1-bed suites at BC CL are very odd. There are French doors between the living area and bedroom that don’t have privacy curtains - at least they didn’t before the remodel; it was just sheers. The French doors also make a lot of noise when you try to open them if they’ve been fully closed. Not a huge deal, except that the bathroom is near the door to the suite, so if you need to use it at night, you’ll likely disturb those sleeping on the sofa bed with the noise, as well as the need to walk past their bed to get to the restroom. And don’t turn on the light until you actually close the door to the toilet since that can def be seen by those on the sofa bed - my kid complained daily since my husband is a very early riser, even at Disney. I’m pretty sure there’s more room to walk at the foot of the bed nearer the bathroom in a regular 2-queen than there was in the 1-bed suite with the sofa bed open. For a suite, they aren’t significantly bigger than a 2-queen CL, imo.
We've never stayed in the 1 BR suite in CL, just the 2 QB's. However, we have stayed in all the combinations in the Villas since I used to own DVC before. I'm paying for the whole trip so I'm trying to find the best way money-wise and to at least afford them a little bit of privacy. Honestly, when it's just my son and myself, we don't care. But adding his wife creates a different dynamic. Maybe a 1 BR villa? It's less than the 1 BR suite CL and the layout is different. 2 doors for the bathroom I believe if memory serves.

We've never stayed in the 1 BR suite in CL, just the 2 QB's. However, we have stayed in all the combinations in the Villas since I used to own DVC before. I'm paying for the whole trip so I'm trying to find the best way money-wise and to at least afford them a little bit of privacy. Honestly, when it's just my son and myself, we don't care. But adding his wife creates a different dynamic. Maybe a 1 BR villa? It's less than the 1 BR suite CL and the layout is different. 2 doors for the bathroom I believe if memory serves.
As long as you don’t mind giving up CL, then a 1-bedroom villa will offer you more privacy (actual door to the bedroom) and definitely a little more room. The bathroom situation is also preferable (to me) in the villa. As long as the door into the bedroom and the one from the living room to the bedroom are both closed, then you shouldn’t be disturbing anyone any time you use it. You also get the washer/dryer and kitchen, which can really come in handy even if you think you won’t use them. My 6’1” son has never had an issue sleeping on the sofa bed in the villas, but he is sleeping by himself - have no clue if two would have the same experience. I’d recommend the 1 bedroom cl just about anywhere besides BC. Those were designed with only a couple in mind, imo.

As long as you don’t mind giving up CL, then a 1-bedroom villa will offer you more privacy (actual door to the bedroom) and definitely a little more room. The bathroom situation is also preferable (to me) in the villa. As long as the door into the bedroom and the one from the living room to the bedroom are both closed, then you shouldn’t be disturbing anyone any time you use it. You also get the washer/dryer and kitchen, which can really come in handy even if you think you won’t use them. My 6’1” son has never had an issue sleeping on the sofa bed in the villas, but he is sleeping by himself - have no clue if two would have the same experience. I’d recommend the 1 bedroom cl just about anywhere besides BC. Those were designed with only a couple in mind, imo.
Thank you both for your insight, it's appreciated. I think I'll go with the 1 BR villa, if it's still available.

Last year when we did our first CL stay at YC, someone called us about a week before our stay from CL and asked if we had any questions/requests/etc. We are checking in to GF CL on Tuesday and no one has called. Does anyone know if they generally do call from GF?

Last year when we did our first CL stay at YC, someone called us about a week before our stay from CL and asked if we had any questions/requests/etc. We are checking in to GF CL on Tuesday and no one has called. Does anyone know if they generally do call from GF?
I just stayed at the YC CL and received a call 5 days prior to check in. Do not know about GF

Exciting! I’m thinking of booking at Grand Floridian Club Level next year. I just am wondering if the club level food isn’t as good as it used to be? I saw this video from last year during the holiday season that goes in depth of the food and the breakfast and nightly appetizers look really good (they even made them scrambled eggs!).

But videos I’ve seen of recent offerings seemed to have been cut back. I wonder if the offerings change during the season?Please let us know if this is the case when you go!
I wonder if the lesser offerings (seems so, if only slightly, looks cut back at mid-day, I think) are because they’re still “soft” open? I might be wrong on that impression, but I kind of thought it wasn’t quite fully open yet. I’m booked in early Feb, haven’t been since Nov 2022. I’m curious to see what reports say this holiday season!

We have been looking forward to trying BWI for a few days after Thanksgiving (split stay, 2 nights at Riv which we’ve also been wanting to try. We were able to snag the passholder discount for CL so I upgraded and can’t wait! I have a few silly questions if anyone can help :)

What’s the deal with the duck drinks? My daughter loves rubber ducks and would be so excited about this concept! Do you have to ask for them or is it just random?

Do the resort view rooms include a possible water view? I didn’t see a water view category and added a TP room request but didn’t know if boardwalk/water views were possible.

How are the “picky eater” options here? I read that BWI doesn’t have “kid food” in the evening lineup.

Any tips would be most welcome! We can’t wait!

My last GF CL stay has some age to it (March 2022), but we did not get a call at the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter