Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Hi, all. I think the answer to this question is "yes," but would be great if someone could confirm. Doing a Poly CL/Beach Club split. On the day we check out of the Poly, we can continue to use the Poly club level that afternoon after checkout, right? Thanks!

To counter my not-so-great BC review last week, I want to report that tonight's apps were the best we have seen here in all of our trips. Outstanding beet, feta and walnut salad, delicious mango chicken skewers over rice and peas with quinoa, Brussels sprouts and kale salad, pigs in blankets, shrimp ceviche and a great olive salad. I have to say we are very impressed. Maybe this is a Hurricane Irma special! If so, may it continue until the storm passes, it won't be too bad being "stuck" here.

My daughter expressly asked me to mention the awesome honey mustard sauce-she is a connoisseur of the stuff.:D

To counter my not-so-great BC review last week, I want to report that tonight's apps were the best we have seen here in all of our trips. Outstanding beet, feta and walnut salad, delicious mango chicken skewers over rice and peas with quinoa, Brussels sprouts and kale salad, pigs in blankets, shrimp ceviche and a great olive salad. I have to say we are very impressed. Maybe this is a Hurricane Irma special! If so, may it continue until the storm passes, it won't be too bad being "stuck" here.

My daughter expressly asked me to mention the awesome honey mustard sauce-she is a connoisseur of the stuff.:D
Say whaaat? Sounds great! And different from the reviews I've read, here's hoping that's them transitioning to a better menu! (Like AKL CL was reported to have switched part-way through their trip to featuring apps from the restaurants by someone a while back...) Also, if you have to go through a hurricane that sounds like the way to do it, safe travel wishes!

Those sound like the same things we had at YC in May. I think last week might have been the fluke for whatever reason.

I can only compare BWI to the Poly CL (although I'm staying at GF SL in January and am curious to see how it stacks up). We found the CL at BWI to be much less chaotic, and the food offerings to be a big step up from the Poly given the chef-prepared hors d'oeuvres, etc. Granted, with our young kids, we'd rather stay at the Poly CL since it's larger, we can watch the fireworks, and it was much kid-friendlier in our view. (The BWI had cartoons on and things for kids to enjoy, but it had a much quieter adult vibe.) We love both for different reasons, but found the overall feel of BWI CL, including the awesome CMs, to be superior for an adult trip. If my kids were older, I'd also go for BWI.

I also thought that the rooms looked dated in pictures online until we got there- and I was really impressed by the room and buildings overall at BWI. The rooms at the Poly were somewhat more tired. You can't go wrong. :)

I felt the same exact way! But- seems as thought my kids (7 &4) loved the CMs at the BWI more as well!! When I asked where they want to stay- they always say BWI. To be fair, they did get some pretty great pixie dust... and Anita and Joe always showered them with candy (which to them was FANTASTIC!!). I was very hesitant with my first stay at BWI- especially since the rooms online looked quite dated- but they were great when we got there. Would love to see how your SL CL is... that is our next stay for 2018.

Hello all. We switched from YC CL to GF SL CL due to Irma, checking in later on this month. We diehard YC BC CL fans here and are bummed we could not get our home resort, but I am grateful and excited to try the GF CL. Since the thread is so huge I have a few questions.

Do they greet you off the ME and take you to Sugar Loaf?
Is the bottled water?
Is the beer and wine self serve or do they pour it for you?

Thanks in advance for any info.

I may or may not have mixed the sparkling wine with the POG juice for a modified mimosa....just sayin' :p

I see you, and raise you one ....

I (and my cronies, i.e. my legal early and mid-20's dds) may have done this on multiple occasions at the Oasis pool in June - every island-themed vacation requires an in-room bottle of dark, quality rum that pairs wonderfully with Kuulei's Punch (full of wine, grand marnier, and tropical juices) taken from the evening club level lounge appetizer and cordial offerings and is easily stored for tomorrow's pool day in the convenient to-go coffee cups. :rolleyes1:drinking:

In a pinch, without our bottle of rum, the punch mixed well with the sparkling wine also - a little extra kick ... :drinking1:hyper:

Last edited:
Bleary-eyed and truly disappointed that I cannot report on the Yacht Club, club level for all of you. It's been a long few days of weather watching, and web-surfing, and trying to reschedule flights and rooms.

Our long weekend that was supposed to start on Saturday had to be rescheduled - waited as long as I could to make the decision. Being from Long Island and from a neighborhood that is surrounded by canals, and was frequently under mandatory evacuation - I've lived through many, many hurricanes. Some that were over-emphasized, some that were not respected enough, some that fizzled out, some that surprised with their last-minute muster of strength. What I have learned is when to fold ... and give in to Mother Nature

So, disappointed a little - but, thankful that we were able to juggle a lot of things and go later this week. Wishing everyone in Florida well during Irma. I've experienced first hand the destruction of strong hurricanes - Agnes, Gloria, Isabel and Sandy being the ones that hit closest personally. I'm really bad at names in general, but those names stuck!

During the process of re-scheduling, I watched a club level Wilderness Lodge room get stolen right out of my cart a few hours ago. But, I will be able to report back to all of you whether I was actually able to pay the up-charge at check-in for club level access that was mentioned a couple of weeks ago.

I can only compare BWI to the Poly CL (although I'm staying at GF SL in January and am curious to see how it stacks up). We found the CL at BWI to be much less chaotic, and the food offerings to be a big step up from the Poly given the chef-prepared hors d'oeuvres, etc. Granted, with our young kids, we'd rather stay at the Poly CL since it's larger, we can watch the fireworks, and it was much kid-friendlier in our view. (The BWI had cartoons on and things for kids to enjoy, but it had a much quieter adult vibe.) We love both for different reasons, but found the overall feel of BWI CL, including the awesome CMs, to be superior for an adult trip. If my kids were older, I'd also go for BWI.

I also thought that the rooms looked dated in pictures online until we got there- and I was really impressed by the room and buildings overall at BWI. The rooms at the Poly were somewhat more tired. You can't go wrong. :)

Thanks for your comparison. We haven't stayed at either CL, but are hoping to try both next year. Looking forward to hearing about your SL stay after your trip in January :flower3:.

Yup. You are considered a guest until midnight of check out day.

:thumbsup2

To counter my not-so-great BC review last week, I want to report that tonight's apps were the best we have seen here in all of our trips. Outstanding beet, feta and walnut salad, delicious mango chicken skewers over rice and peas with quinoa, Brussels sprouts and kale salad, pigs in blankets, shrimp ceviche and a great olive salad. I have to say we are very impressed.

Glad things have started to look up as far as CL offerings :).

Bleary-eyed and truly disappointed that I cannot report on the Yacht Club, club level for all of you. It's been a long few days of weather watching, and web-surfing, and trying to reschedule flights and rooms.

Our long weekend that was supposed to start on Saturday had to be rescheduled - waited as long as I could to make the decision. Being from Long Island and from a neighborhood that is surrounded by canals, and was frequently under mandatory evacuation - I've lived through many, many hurricanes. Some that were over-emphasized, some that were not respected enough, some that fizzled out, some that surprised with their last-minute muster of strength. What I have learned is when to fold ... and give in to Mother Nature

So, disappointed a little - but, thankful that we were able to juggle a lot of things and go later this week. Wishing everyone in Florida well during Irma. I've experienced first hand the destruction of strong hurricanes - Agnes, Gloria, Isabel and Sandy being the ones that hit closest personally. I'm really bad at names in general, but those names stuck!

During the process of re-scheduling, I watched a club level Wilderness Lodge room get stolen right out of my cart a few hours ago. But, I will be able to report back to all of you whether I was actually able to pay the up-charge at check-in for club level access that was mentioned a couple of weeks ago.

Glad you were able to reschedule. Hope you are able to upgrade to CL upon check in. Safe travels, hope you have great trip :wizard:.

I see you, and raise you one ....

I (and my cronies, i.e. my legal early and mid-20's dds) may have done this on multiple occasions at the Oasis pool in June - every island-themed vacation requires an in-room bottle of dark, quality rum that pairs wonderfully with Kuulei's Punch (full of wine, grand marnier, and tropical juices) taken from the evening club level lounge appetizer and cordial offerings and is easily stored for tomorrow's pool day in the convenient to-go coffee cups. :rolleyes1:drinking:

In a pinch, without our bottle of rum, the punch mixed well with the sparkling wine also - a little extra kick ... :drinking1:hyper:

You learn a lot about fellow CL guests on the DIS. :-) Curious, what's your dark rum preference? Y'all sound like a fun family.

Oh wow, that stinks, but glad you were able to re-book. The amount of people in the path of the storm is hard to comprehend. So many affected in big and small ways. Hope the changes to your travel plans work out well.

Hello all. We switched from YC CL to GF SL CL due to Irma, checking in later on this month. We diehard YC BC CL fans here and are bummed we could not get our home resort, but I am grateful and excited to try the GF CL. Since the thread is so huge I have a few questions.

Do they greet you off the ME and take you to Sugar Loaf?
Is the bottled water?
Is the beer and wine self serve or do they pour it for you?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Hi there. We stayed GF SL this past April, here was out experience:

Greeting: No greeter outside, but there was someone inside with an ipad who we approached and said we were checking in CL. She took care of everything right there, called over a bellman who pulled around a golf cart, etc. Note I arrived via car, not ME, so not sure if you might actually be greeted if you come that method. Also note, having Richard out front was a good enough greeting for us!

Bottled Water: Was typically out all day on a tray by the CM desk in the middle of the lounge.

Beer/Wine: They have a manned station during the evenings, they serve it for you. Available upon request at other times.

Hope that helps, have fun!

I keep wanting to post a pic on here, but it's on my phone....

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is that at Poly CL, they had a specific desk for CL arrivals in the GCH. It was during normal business hours.

We didn't see it when we originally checked in, and I waited in the regular line, only to be walked over to Hawaii for check in.

You learn a lot about fellow CL guests on the DIS. :-) Curious, what's your dark rum preference? Y'all sound like a fun family.

We use Meyers most of the time. I also like Mount Gay. For my large batch Mai Tais for parties - I use Bacardi silver and Bacardi Gold or Black (can't afford to fill the drink dispensers with the expensive stuff!!) :beach:

Update on my rescheduled trip - WL CL opened up this morning. Didn't take me long to pull the trigger and upgrade from the standard WL room. Looking forward to that draft lounge beer I read about here a couple of weeks ago!!

It seemed that a lot of cancellations must have come in this morning. I saw a lot more availability across the board than I did yesterday.

Update on my rescheduled trip - WL CL opened up this morning. Didn't take me long to pull the trigger and upgrade from the standard WL room. Looking forward to that draft lounge beer I read about here a couple of weeks ago!!

It seemed that a lot of cancellations must have come in this morning. I saw a lot more availability across the board than I did yesterday.

So glad for you!! We check in to the WL CL in 2 weeks. So excited!

We never stayed CL before... our first trip is coming at Yacht. I know for other resorts, we do on-line check-in, when we arrive we get texted with room and map, and go... With CL I keep reading about special check-in area, etc. Do we need to do that? Can we just wait for the text and go to our room directly? Is there any benefit of going to the CL check-in area?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter