Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I’m already enjoying the planning and driving DH nuts with it. :rotfl2: I’d love to hear what you thought of it; I’ve never even visited it, so it’s all very new to me. It looks so beautiful. We’re also celebrating my parents’ 50th and Dad’s 70th birthday in addition to our 15th and my 42nd birthday so I’m hoping things go well. I tend to be a bit of a control freak and love knowing exactly what to expect; not saying I’d cry if something unexpected comes up but let’s just say that someone in our same group cried over a dropped cupcake in 2014 because it rained. :rolleyes1

I am very much the same way. I like to know what to expect too. AKL has two of the best restaurants on property in our opinion. We love Sanaa and love Boma. Boma breakfast is our favorite but dinner is great too. At Sanaa you can get a table near the window and watch the animals. At night time they had night time goggles to see the animals (not sure if they still have this). We also love the water in the lobby - so refreshing. I will come to back to review after we go. Enjoy all the celebrations - that is the best part!

The Tower Club rooms are not listed on the web, they are only available via calling CRO. The Atrium Club is on the 12th floor and has a mix of King, 2 Queen rooms and some suites. The Tower Club is on the 14th floor (really 13) and has only 5 non-suite rooms: Two kings and 3 Queens (one is HA). @DLgal got the only HA room unfortunately.

Since there are fewer rooms on the Tower Club level the lounge is much smaller than the Atrium Club on the 12th floor. The 12th floor is open to the "A frame" atrium below while the Tower Club is fully enclosed.

View attachment 334816

Dave

Yes, we are in room 4915. I hate that all the "official" literature says 2 queen beds because these absolutely are NOT queen beds. I am 63 inches tall and when I lay with my head touching the headboard, my feet are less than a foot away from the end of the bed. It's not 80" long, nor is it 60" wide. I sleep on a queen bed every night and I can tell its much more narrow. It seems disingenuous to publish this as a 2Q room when it is not. I am not getting what I paid for and I find double beds at a deluxe inexcusable at the price they charge. It seems Disney agrees, since they are swapping out all the doubles for queens in the moderates and values. I know wheelchair accessible rooms need to have a certain amount of clearance between the beds, but this room is HUGE and there is currently about a 5 foot gap between the two beds and about 6 feet between the bed and the window wall, so they could absolutely fit 2 queen beds in here, no doubt.

For those asked, our room rate was $530, which was discounted by 40%, so rack rate would have been about $880/night. Not sure how that compares with Atrium. On this level, you cannot book a specific view. The views are by request only.

Last edited:
CR Tower Club mini update:

I am so sorry for your room. What upsets me is that they didn't know the size of the beds. We could not stay in Full size beds. I would complain about that fact alone. Did you reserve a Tower room? I understand that they need to fill the rooms if no one needs it but it should be at a discount - especially if you are more than 2 people. I have to say most CL don't do wonderful desserts. We usually don't even bother coming back for dessert more than once.

I hope you have a great time and everything else works out for you.

Tower Club CR food offerings for yesterday, July 4th:

Breakfast- deli turkey, ham, salami, a few sliced cheeses (cheddar, swiss, provolone), bagels, bread, croissants, smoked salmon and accompaniments, deviled eggs, mini muffins (seemed like vanilla with a crumb topping), apple turnovers, hot cinnamon rolls with icing (like cinnabon), fruit (cantaloupe, watermelon, honeydew, grapes, strawberries, blueberries), strawberry and plain Greek yogurt with granola, dried fruit, and honey toppings, oatmeal with toppings, three cereals (frosted and bran flakes and Froot Loops). Standard drink options: milk, OJ, chocolate milk (by request). They also had our the Fairy Tale Cuvee Sparkling Wine out all day so you could make a mimosa.

Midday snacks included yogurt covered and plain pretzels, goldfish, housemade potato chips, breadsticks, a lavosh style cracker, crudite (carrot, broccoli, cherry tomatoes), candy (M&Ms, gummy bears), cocoa dusted almonds.

The beverage fridge was stocked with beer starting at 11am. They have Angry Orchard Hard Cider, I-4 IPA, Kona Longboard, Sam Adams, Bud Light and one more which I forgot. Wine came out as well as Iced Tea at this time. There is Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta Orange, and Minute Maid Lemonade as well.

Evening offerings were VERY good last night. Pulled pork with three BBQ sauces, Hawaiian rolls, coleslaw, pickles (to make your own sliders), mini corndog nuggets, chicken tortilla soup (FANTASTIC), olives, hummus, veggie crudite, cheese platter and meats like prosciutto and ham, soft parker house style rolls with sea salt on top with butter, pb&j cups with rolls. We basically had dinner here last night after a late lunch at Homecomin so it was perfect.

Desserts were more varied than the night before. Everything was 4th of July themed/decorated. Oreo rice krispies treats with white chocolate and star sprinkles, strawberry lime tarts with white chocolate discs decorated with flags, red and blue fruit and chocolate truffles, blueberry strawberry and vanilla custard mini parfaits, mini red velvet cupcakes, mango sorbet, snickerdoodles and chocolate chip cookies (served warm). The cookies were fantastic, as were the rest of the desserts with the exception of the strawberry lime tart. They brought out Rosa Regale to add to the "red" theme.

The lounge was DEAD tonight, compared to last night. The CM said most club level guests watch the MK fireworks on the 3rd and then go to Epcot on the 4th. The fireworks were delayed about an hour due to a massive thunderstorm, but we watched from our balcony and the show was the most amazing one I've ever seen live. It was worth putting up with this stupid room to have that view. I'm glad we didn't move. I do appreciate the extra deep balcony we have as we were able to stand under cover (since it was still raining) and see the entire show. The perimeter fireworks towards the end were breathtaking.

The CL staff is very good here. Kind, efficient, professional, and just the right amount of interaction. There is one older gentleman, though, who is just not pleasant. He is very grouchy and always telling people "that's the last of the food...there isn't going to be any more." He said it last night and the night before over and over again during the dessert hour. I'm not sure why, but he felt the need to say it several times to everyone who went up to get desserts. He also stares people down and glares as he approaches. Seems like the wrong kind of employee to have up here. The rest of the staff is great though, and luckily this other guy seems to just handle dirty dishes.

At this point, I'd give the CR Tower CL itself 9/10. We are frequently the only people in the lounge despite the floor being 100% occupied. I think people in all those huge sites just eat in their rooms. They don't need an additional space to spread out either. The room itself gets a 5/10. It needs a more functional redesign, IMO, with some more color (everything is beige and white...everything). It gets points for sheer size, mattress comfort, obvious high end linens that are super soft, a large TV (although still no HD channels...come on Disney!), and a fantastic old school thermostat that has NO SENSOR so the cold air keeps blowing all day and night. Soundproofing is also great. We have not heard a peep from either room flanking us or hallway noise.

Points subtracted for the terrible accessible design that creates issues for people who don't need it, and the stupid frosted glass bathroom pocket door. Totally defeats the purpose of having a door. And the door doesn't lock either which I don't appreciate. I'd probably not book a Tower Club room in the future unless it was a suite. I wouldn't want to chance getting this HA room again.

I am so sorry for your room. What upsets me is that they didn't know the size of the beds. We could not stay in Full size beds. I would complain about that fact alone. Did you reserve a Tower room? I understand that they need to fill the rooms if no one needs it but it should be at a discount - especially if you are more than 2 people. I have to say most CL don't do wonderful desserts. We usually don't even bother coming back for dessert more than once.

I hope you have a great time and everything else works out for you.

The bed size is my biggest beef. On My Disney Experience app, when I look at my room details, it even says "wheelchair accessible, roll in shower, 2Q beds" which is WRONG. I seriously feel like asking the manager to come up with a tape measure to measure these beds so they can know these aren't queens and either change it in their system or switch out the actual beds! There should not be that discrepancy. We did reserve a "Tower Club Level Standard Room 2Q beds." That is what our confirmation said. We did get a discount but that's not the point. The discount wasn't given because of the room type...it was the military discount.

Breakfast- deli turkey, ham, salami, a few sliced cheeses (cheddar, swiss, provolone), bagels, bread, croissants, smoked salmon and accompaniments, deviled eggs, mini muffins (seemed like vanilla with a crumb topping), apple turnovers, hot cinnamon rolls with icing (like cinnabon), fruit (cantaloupe, watermelon, honeydew, grapes, strawberries, blueberries), strawberry and plain Greek yogurt with granola, dried fruit, and honey toppings, oatmeal with toppings, three cereals (frosted and bran flakes and Froot Loops). Standard drink options: milk, OJ, chocolate milk (by request). They also had our the Fairy Tale Cuvee Sparkling Wine out all day so you could make a mimosa.

Midday snacks included yogurt covered and plain pretzels, goldfish, housemade potato chips, breadsticks, a lavosh style cracker, crudite (carrot, broccoli, cherry tomatoes), candy (M&Ms, gummy bears), cocoa dusted almonds.

The beverage fridge was stocked with beer starting at 11am. They have Angry Orchard Hard Cider, I-4 IPA, Kona Longboard, Sam Adams, Bud Light and one more which I forgot. Wine came out as well as Iced Tea at this time. There is Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta Orange, and Minute Maid Lemonade as well.

Evening offerings were VERY good last night. Pulled pork with three BBQ sauces, Hawaiian rolls, coleslaw, pickles (to make your own sliders), mini corndog nuggets, chicken tortilla soup (FANTASTIC), olives, hummus, veggie crudite, cheese platter and meats like prosciutto and ham, soft parker house style rolls with sea salt on top with butter, pb&j cups with rolls. We basically had dinner here last night after a late lunch at Homecomin so it was perfect.

Desserts were more varied than the night before. Everything was 4th of July themed/decorated. Oreo rice krispies treats with white chocolate and star sprinkles, strawberry lime tarts with white chocolate discs decorated with flags, red and blue fruit and chocolate truffles, blueberry strawberry and vanilla custard mini parfaits, mini red velvet cupcakes, mango sorbet, snickerdoodles and chocolate chip cookies (served warm). The cookies were fantastic, as were the rest of the desserts with the exception of the strawberry lime tart. They brought out Rosa Regale to add to the "red" theme.

The lounge was DEAD tonight, compared to last night. The CM said most club level guests watch the MK fireworks on the 3rd and then go to Epcot on the 4th. The fireworks were delayed about an hour due to a massive thunderstorm, but we watched from our balcony and the show was the most amazing one I've ever seen live. It was worth putting up with this stupid room to have that view. I'm glad we didn't move. I do appreciate the extra deep balcony we have as we were able to stand under cover (since it was still raining) and see the entire show. The perimeter fireworks towards the end were breathtaking.

The CL staff is very good here. Kind, efficient, professional, and just the right amount of interaction. There is one older gentleman, though, who is just not pleasant. He is very grouchy and always telling people "that's the last of the food...there isn't going to be any more." He said it last night and the night before over and over again during the dessert hour. I'm not sure why, but he felt the need to say it several times to everyone who went up to get desserts. He also stares people down and glares as he approaches. Seems like the wrong kind of employee to have up here. The rest of the staff is great though, and luckily this other guy seems to just handle dirty dishes.

At this point, I'd give the CR Tower CL itself 9/10. We are frequently the only people in the lounge despite the floor being 100% occupied. I think people in all those huge sites just eat in their rooms. They don't need an additional space to spread out either. The room itself gets a 5/10. It needs a more functional redesign, IMO, with some more color (everything is beige and white...everything). It gets points for sheer size, mattress comfort, obvious high end linens that are super soft, a large TV (although still no HD channels...come on Disney!), and a fantastic old school thermostat that has NO SENSOR so the cold air keeps blowing all day and night. Soundproofing is also great. We have not heard a peep from either room flanking us or hallway noise.

Points subtracted for the terrible accessible design that creates issues for people who don't need it, and the stupid frosted glass bathroom pocket door. Totally defeats the purpose of having a door. And the door doesn't lock either which I don't appreciate. I'd probably not book a Tower Club room in the future unless it was a suite. I wouldn't want to chance getting this HA room again.

The lounge offerings sound wonderful! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

The bed size is my biggest beef. On My Disney Experience app, when I look at my room details, it even says "wheelchair accessible, roll in shower, 2Q beds" which is WRONG. I seriously feel like asking the manager to come up with a tape measure to measure these beds so they can know these aren't queens and either change it in their system or switch out the actual beds! There should not be that discrepancy. We did reserve a "Tower Club Level Standard Room 2Q beds." That is what our confirmation said. We did get a discount but that's not the point. The discount wasn't given because of the room type...it was the military discount.

I agree - the bed size is the main issue. No matter where we stay we look at the size of the beds - and will not book if they are not queen sized beds or king beds. I would discuss with management over the beds. Glad that you got to see the fireworks from your balcony. We are staying in a Tower Club room next month but don't have a MK view - we have a 1 bedroom suite - since we are a family of 6.
Enjoy the rest of your stay!

I agree - the bed size is the main issue. No matter where we stay we look at the size of the beds - and will not book if they are not queen sized beds or king beds. I would discuss with management over the beds. Glad that you got to see the fireworks from your balcony. We are staying in a Tower Club room next month but don't have a MK view - we have a 1 bedroom suite - since we are a family of 6.
Enjoy the rest of your stay!

I might write a letter when we get home. I don't want to get into it again and be told the beds are queens AGAIN. I know that is what they will say, and that will just frustrate me. I'm not looking for any compensation or anything, and I don't want to add any more negativity to my vacation. I'm starting to enjoy myself so don't want to rock the boat!

But I'm with you...I will NOT book a hotel that only has double beds.

Except from my POV it was a bunch of angry people saying nice things. I was so confused (and I was on drink #1)! Thankfully my Bestie spoke East Coast having moved to Philly and interpreted for me that everyone over there was indeed having a great time.
LOL. As someone from the east coast, this very much made me laugh. And oh my goodness, I about lose my mind when tourists are in town. I’m all let’s move it people.

Going OT here as it wasn’t CL, however I wanted to quickly share thoughts from our stay a few weeks ago. We were CR garden room deluxe on the ground floor. We LOVED that room. The room itself was HUGE as was the bathroom. It was also nice to sit out on the patio and super convenient to the main building and pool. It’s been years since our last CR stay and this was a fun change of pace. For those that track these things, there were robes and slippers. Slippers were not monogrammed.

We had dinner one night at California Grill. It was amazing and the goat cheese ravioli was particularly outstanding. We also ate at the Wave one night. Eh, entirely underwhelmed.

June was HOT. Maybe the memories are dulled by time passing, but it felt a lot hotter than our typical August stays. I was ready to self combust.

We rented a cabana one afternoon which we all enjoyed until getting kicked out when the pool closed for thunderstorms. Definitely excited that cabanas are rumored to be going in at AK and BC/YC. Shade, ceiling fans and pina colodas make me happy.

If staying at a MK resort, I wouldn’t hesitate booking this room again and didn’t miss CL given the perks of this room/location.

I might write a letter when we get home. I don't want to get into it again and be told the beds are queens AGAIN. I know that is what they will say, and that will just frustrate me. I'm not looking for any compensation or anything, and I don't want to add any more negativity to my vacation. I'm starting to enjoy myself so don't want to rock the boat!

SO glad you are enjoying your stay. We are looking forward to trying it in August. :flower1:

Going OT here as it wasn’t CL, however I wanted to quickly share thoughts from our stay a few weeks ago. We were CR garden room deluxe on the ground floor. We LOVED that room. The room itself was HUGE as was the bathroom. It was also nice to sit out on the patio and super convenient to the main building and pool. It’s been years since our last CR stay and this was a fun change of pace. For those that track these things, there were robes and slippers. Slippers were not monogrammed.

We had dinner one night at California Grill. It was amazing and the goat cheese ravioli was particularly outstanding. We also ate at the Wave one night. Eh, entirely underwhelmed.

June was HOT. Maybe the memories are dulled by time passing, but it felt a lot hotter than our typical August stays. I was ready to self combust.

We rented a cabana one afternoon which we all enjoyed until getting kicked out when the pool closed for thunderstorms. Definitely excited that cabanas are rumored to be going in at AK and BC/YC. Shade, ceiling fans and pina colodas make me happy.

If staying at a MK resort, I wouldn’t hesitate booking this room again and didn’t miss CL given the perks of this room/location.

We were just there in early June as well and we all thought that it was extremely HOT!!!! more so then we could remember. We have been in July and August but for some reason it seemed much hotter this trip :rolleyes2 Is it me or is the Animal Kingdom the park with the most shade but still so dang HOT
May I ask how much it was to rent the Cabana? We usually stay at the Yacht Club which are suppose to have them sometime.

I wanted to share a recent experience with Signature Services and how you truly do get what you pay for. Prior to our dining booking, we sent an email with our dining preferences along with calling ahead with our credit card info. We wanted Highway in the Sky as well as the Family Magic tour, 2 Christmas parties and had a handful of signature dining along with some old favorites. We did have popular places with some easy to get into places but were super flexible with dates and times and we told them that.

Lo and behold they were able to get us all but Ohana dinner, they apologized and were able to snag us a breakfast if we wanted but we were pretty set on dinner. They told us to give them some time and they would get back to us. They called us daily to update us on all that they were doing and on the 5th day, they had secured us a reservation at the time we had requested (but said it was not necessary)!!!

I have been 100% thrilled with their services before, but this year they really seemed to have gone over and above. We booked our trip last year before we even left our resort and this year we only called to give our CC information and sent 1 email and they have taken care of so much and all on the right dates and times, without us having to remind them! Next is our 90 day fastpasses and then I will consider this a dream vacation before we have even left! LOL!! I used to think that the planning of a WDW vacation was half the fun, but I'm really liking this too! HAHA!

Yup! Sounds pretty close to what we had at the Atrium CL last week. One night we had beef strips and potatoes which were very good as well!
Glad you were able to enjoy the 4th fireworks from your balcony:)

Is Club Level at GF better than Poly in terms of food offering and service?

DH is considering switching our reservation from Poly CL standard to GF CL standard in main building.
We arrive in less than 30 days, already paid in full. Not sure if modification would cost us any extra at this stage of the game..

Do you know if the Tower Club rooms (non-suites) rates are the same as the Atrium Club rooms? We received a complementary upgrade to a Tower Club suite last year and loved it! Far preferable to us than the Atrium Club. We likely wouldn’t stay in a suite again but would love to stay in the Tower Club; I didn’t realize non-suites were available.
We have a Tower Level 2 queens booked for next February. Looking so forward to it!

I was told by my TA, after our not great experience at BC CL, if you are not happy with the results you get at CL, go to the front desk and complain. She said the complaints are logged and you will get a better response if you have already discussed it with the CL staff. I definitely wouldn't wait until I got home!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter