Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

They ran out of the alcoholic POG when I was there. And it was early! And they didn't make any more. This was in Tonga.
Oh, that was something else that they were out of the first night we arrived at Poly, only about half way in to the evening service. I didn't ever check to see if they made more or not. Once they finally brought out more beer I didn't go for any more of the punch anyway.

Who's to say what is a meal? I really think that is a silly argument and every once in awhile it gets going again on this forum. :sad2:

A couple years ago people were commenting like mad about the stinginess being experienced in terms of food at CL. It seems that now they have gone in the opposite direction, with many compliments about food choices and amounts. Obviously trying to save money on food (that is a designated perk of CL) with people who are paying on average $500-$1000 per night for CL was not working for Disney or they would have kept up the stinginess.

What about people who get beers for the pool every day? One could go on and on about people loading up on 'snacks' for the parks, making sandwiches out of the breakfast foods, taking bags of trail mix for later, etc etc. Disney encourages this: they provide baggies at some resorts to facilitate guests taking snacks with them.

What people eat and drink is just not an argument for Poly being skimpy with their food (according to recent reports). Don't blame it on someone using cocktail hour as 'dinner'. All the hotels have their own manager and they have to budget where they feel it is appropriate. It's not up to the consumer to regulate themselves as to what is an 'adequate' amount of food or drink to take. Yes there are some abusers but they are not rampant from what I have seen.

Maybe someone only wants to eat apps and wine in the evening? Should you charge them less if they skip breakfast, or lunchtime snacks, or the (fairly mediocre) desserts each night? They provide food and drinks as part of the CL experience and it's not up for regulation or maybe they should give out vouchers for wine and small plates. If it isn't working, they will cut down on quality or quantity, but they are doing the opposite. Something to consider.

Last edited:
LOL... I rather like it in some things.

Meant to ask you, did YC serve the adult beverages like BC does?

Yes, there is a CM stationed in the evenings to pour wine and beer. Upon request at other times of the day.

FWIW, the alcohol CM on our one night was great. Very personable and good conversation - inquired how our day went, what our evening plans were, etc. Opposite of what we experienced at BC a couple of years ago where I felt I was being an inconvenience to the CM.

Funny how a same single, simple moment in time interaction can be so different.

I know, right? LAST time we stayed at WL was 1997! It was December then, too! Love this place with the Christmas decorations! I was just saying that from what I've read, the WL CL offerings seem a little less than some of the other CL offerings. Clearly the WL is an awesome resort otherwise!

Yes it is. Enjoy!

Yes, there is a CM stationed in the evenings to pour wine and beer. Upon request at other times of the day.

FWIW, the alcohol CM on our one night was great. Very personable and good conversation - inquired how our day went, what our evening plans were, etc. Opposite of what we experienced at BC a couple of years ago where I felt I was being an inconvenience to the CM.

Funny how a same single, simple moment in time interaction can be so different.
That just annoys me greatly. No matter how sweetly it's delivered I just don't like having to request each and every glass of wine or bottle of beer. It's such a turn off. I know there is no limit on what is given/poured but it "feels like" there is when they control it so. Like it's monitored or something (even if it's not). This is unique to BC/YC, right?
I know the last stay we've done at AKL they had the wine out and self serve but you had to request the beer, at all times, it was never stocked in the fridge. Which was a change from prior trips. And they'd only give it to you with the top off, so no saving it for later in the evening. They said they couldn't serve it with the top still on.
Poly of course, leaves theirs out starting at noon. BWI, will get you one at any time but doesn't put it out till 5:00.
I forgot what GF did but it seems like it was same as BWI. As was WL, though our stays were prior to the remodel so likely quite different now anyway
I do wonder why the different resorts handle this so vastly different? Each manager make the choice on what to do?

View attachment 335789 Hanging out in the RPC lounge waiting for our room to be ready. (We were told it’s a “great room”!)

They have the highly coveted bottled water out and available here! Polynesian did not and would not give me a bottle of water when I asked.

Afternoon refreshments are being set up as I type.
Wishing you a lovely stay! Thanks for the photos, I always love to hear thoughts and see photos.

That just annoys me greatly. No matter how sweetly it's delivered I just don't like having to request each and every glass of wine or bottle of beer. It's such a turn off. I know there is no limit on what is given/poured but it "feels like" there is when they control it so. Like it's monitored or something (even if it's not). This is unique to BC/YC, right?
I know the last stay we've done at AKL they had the wine out and self serve but you had to request the beer, at all times, it was never stocked in the fridge. Which was a change from prior trips. And they'd only give it to you with the top off, so no saving it for later in the evening. They said they couldn't serve it with the top still on.
Poly of course, leaves theirs out starting at noon. BWI, will get you one at any time but doesn't put it out till 5:00.
I forgot what GF did but it seems like it was same as BWI. As was WL, though our stays were prior to the remodel so likely quite different now anyway
I do wonder why the different resorts handle this so vastly different? Each manager make the choice on what to do?

The wine is self pour at the BC right now
It is kept in a cooler style holder. There are 2 whites and 2 reds. The only wine you have to request is the sparkling wines. There are three sparkling options. Beer is still by request, but they have been very fast with getting it once you ask. There are tons of CMs in the lounge during service hours. At least 4-5 along with two out at the desk.

View attachment 335789 Hanging out in the RPC lounge waiting for our room to be ready. (We were told it’s a “great room”!)

They have the highly coveted bottled water out and available here! Polynesian did not and would not give me a bottle of water when I asked.

Afternoon refreshments are being set up as I type.
Reminds me, BWI had put bottled water in fridge, grab and go. It wasn't all day, forget now what time they stocked it, flowing breakfast, I think. Replaced the juices and yogurts maybe. You can ask for it other times

The wine is self pour at the BC right now
It is kept in a cooler style holder. There are 2 whites and 2 reds. The only wine you have to request is the sparkling wines. There are three sparkling options. Beer is still by request, but they have been very fast with getting it once you ask. There are tons of CMs in the lounge during service hours. At least 4-5 along with two out at the desk.
Thanks. Our last BC stay they poured the wine too. Oh it's never been a problem with waiting. No wait. It's just having to ask. It's hard to explain I guess but I'm not comfortable asking everytime I want a drink, beer, whathave you. No, we don't drink a case a night. 2 is usually it. It's just me and my thing. And I don't see why they are different. B

But alas, all-in-all we had a very good stay at Poly CL. The resort just works extremely well for our Disney touring style - the monorail, walkability to TTC, fun pools, fun bars/restaurants. I'm a sucker for the Polynesian vibe and for special MK fireworks. CL there, while certainly not perfect, adds a nice convenience factor to make things just a bit easier.

We did experience some crowded lounge conditions at times (pretty much always have at Poly), but then there would often be times with no one around at all. It was quite lumpy. I also am starting to think that the lounge is coming close to needing a bit of a face-lift at some point. Like the resort-side rooms, it's close to time for an upgrade (in my opinion).

I mentioned CMs in my first post above. We really enjoyed seeing some familiar faces and getting to know new ones too. We've had good and bad Poly trips when it comes to CMs, but this was a good one.

It was also great to meet a few fellow DISers along the way too! :wave2:

Anyways - so that's the latest from Poly CL. Happy to answer any questions.

I have an upcoming stay at BWI in 65 days (who’s counting?), but just want to say thanks for all of your input! Poly looks wonderful and is on my resort bucket list (which is getting shorter each year). Your earlier post on YC has also peaked my interest and that may be my next stop. I just have to figure out a way to get hubby on board...lol.
I love the use of “alas” in your commment. This always makes me think of my daughter (as she uses quite often) and it is just not a word you see to often. Put a smile on my face.

We
We had the same experience at AKL a few years ago. On our 3rd CL stay, they had apparently changed the process and required one to ask for beer (and wine at the time). They would not give it to you unless opened. I was able to get it a few times from CM that seemed uneasy when I requested it capped and then had the CK manager tell me I had lied when I said I received “some” unopened. It was a whole thing with them.....BUT, I have not been back to AKL CL since. It kind of left a bad taste in my mouth. Since, we have stayed RPC, SL, and CR CL twice and have not experienced that type of rigid “control”. AKL is my favorite themed resort and I did stay in January in a reg SV rom for a short trip with my son. I don’t think we will be back to CL anytime soon though:(

7/3 and 7/4 are fun days around Poly...

View attachment 335711

View attachment 335712

7/4 featured active enforcement of the main beach area and the Lava Pool to Poly guests. Wristbands were required. Although as I've witnessed on other special event nights at Poly, communication about the wristbands among the CL CMs was quite poor. The desk staff seemed to know nothing about the bands. I heard people with five in the room only get four, and no one knew how to get more. Not the end of the world but just needless confusion it seems.
View attachment 335713

They also had the traditional Poly CL viewing area - but again I found the lack of info/knowledge about this area a bit annoying. They didn't start setting up this area until late afternoon 7/4. I asked a few CL CMs if they were doing reserved viewing this year and no one had any info.
View attachment 335715

@GADisneyDad14
Did they have the reserved CL viewing on July 3 too? We're planning a visit for the 4th next year - I ideally would like to watch the MK fireworks on the 3rd, and the Epcot fireworks on the 4th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter