Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Getting caught up here. Just returned from my nine night retirement celebration. Spent two nights YC, five nights GF RPC, and the last two nights in a garden cottage at the BWI. Loved the cottage, I was a little hesitant because it is so far from the lounge, but I really didn't mind the walk. The downside of the cottages is you have to go outside to get to the lounge and it was raining Sunday night. Our cottage was the second one in so it wasn't too bad. I would definitely stay there again, they are so cute. Anyway I got a good AP rate so I extended my trip...blame it on Disney math. :rotfl2:

We did the HEA dessert party with plaza viewing...highly recommend this one over the terrace one. We did the terrace one in October and you really couldn't see the castle projections because the trees block the bottom half of the castle.

Only saw one dog at the YC. It was a small dog at SAB...presumably a therapy dog. Saw several small dogs in Epcot, more than I ever saw before. It used to be rare to see dogs, but not any more.
I'm happy to report turn down is back at the YC, we didn't get it in October.

We had normal housekeeping and turn down. No other security checks. No different than any other trip. I would never have know there was a change in policy if I didn't read it on the DIS. We never used the RO sign...we also never used the DND sign so it didn't matter to us that they took it away.

One thing I was happy to see is Purell dispensers in the parks and resorts.

That's my friends go to place, Bellevue. So I tried it my non cl stay. Dd liked she could grab a bagel in the morning pretty easy. One night I grabbed a wine and sat on my balcony in the room while dd did her hair.

Last visit it was all decorated for Christmas for those that go in December, it looked lovely.

It's a nice compromise if you don't have cl. However it's a nice place to meet up with friends too.
I had a lovely visit with your friend in the Bellvue lounge over the weekend. :goodvibes I agree it is a good compromise if not staying CL, it's a very pretty lounge.

This is a bummer. My first CL stay is next month at BWI, we had reserved WL at first, but switched when I found out Club Level Access meant not on the 7th floor, I thought it was temporary due to a soft goods refurbishment. We had planned on doing WL-CL next year, but I would not want to be on a different floor from the lounge, so maybe we'll just skip CL altogether at WL.

I have stayed CL at Poly, Grand Floridian SL & Grand Floridian RPC. There are many CL rooms that are on different floors than the lounge.

I have stayed CL at Poly, Grand Floridian SL & Grand Floridian RPC. There are many CL rooms that are on different floors than the lounge.
I know, but I would only knowingly choose a CL where I knew I had a very good chance of being on the same floor as the lounge. (Mostly due to my mother's mobility issues) That's why I'm disappointed in the change at WL, because we really wanted to stay there!

This is a bummer. My first CL stay is next month at BWI, we had reserved WL at first, but switched when I found out Club Level Access meant not on the 7th floor, I thought it was temporary due to a soft goods refurbishment. We had planned on doing WL-CL next year, but I would not want to be on a different floor from the lounge, so maybe we'll just skip CL altogether at WL.

I agree. I was disappointed when the message came back with not-so-great news. With it being Easter weekend, we are just going to stick with our reservation and hope for the best. I will certainly ask some questions while we are there and report back if I find out any more details on the new situation. Last year we had room 7066, the closest possible room to the lounge and just loved it. It will definitely impact our resort choices going forward.

We never had a problem taking wine or food back to the room from the lounge at the YC or any other CL lounge.

Okay first time staying CL so forgive me. What do you do with dishes after having food back in the room? Return them to the lounge?

Okay first time staying CL so forgive me. What do you do with dishes after having food back in the room? Return them to the lounge?
I have asked if they wanted me to bring dishes back and they always said no.

Sometimes I do bring back , sometimes I put on the tray(room service tray) in the hall if I collect too many for comfort.

Usually the maid just takes them the next day. No biggie

I ALWAYS take a borrowed tray back because they don't have many.

Last edited:
Hmmm... I have tried to do this but it doesn't seem likely, especially with a package including tickets---
This info isn't quite right.

I feel like I've tried almost every combo over the years...

Guests are allowed to change between a package and a RO reservation. When you change from one to the other, there are different rules. Any deposit you have paid is refunded (takes a little while), then you have to pay a new deposit, and you'll be subject to the new rules.

Packages require a $200 deposit, with balance due at 45 days. If you try to change within the 45 day mark, you are subject to forfeiting part of your deposit- per the package rules (more details than I'll go through here).

RO reservations require a one night deposit. You can pay the balance when you arrive. The cancel terms are more generous. You can -I think-get a full refund up to 5 days before arrival. After that, you are subject to losing the deposit for late cancelations. (again, this is the short version.)

Typically, if you want to upgrade (= pay more), they will let you make changes up until arrival.

The tricky part of converting would be if your package includes anything else. ONLY WDW packages can include the DDP, but you can do CL as either RO or a package.

It looks like the new FP deal is for either RO or packages.

With AP's, you kind of have to finalize them at the parks, in my experience. You ARE allowed to buy a ticket then convert it to an AP- so long as you do it while the ticket still has entitlements left on it, and with 14 days or first use. Again- see the tickets sticky for more details about how this works and pricing. If you are very savvy, and get the right CM, it may be possible to buy tickets from a discounter, like UT, and have those tickets converted into an AP. (Thus getting about $30 off your AP.)

The other BIG glitch to know is that the above only works if you didn't use a Travel Agent. If you went through a TA, the TA has to make the changes for you according to the terms you have with your TA.

The other BIG thing to know, is that the room you want has to be available with the new offer on your dates, and that isn't a given, especially with Club level.

Mind, a ticket price increase is probably going to happen very soon. Probably won't be huge difference on AP's, but you may well end up paying the NEW price for your AP. For now, your package is basically locked in tot eh price you paid when you booked it.

I strongly advise you check all your math and know all your numbers BEFORE making any changes to see what the savings will be. Disney doesn't always make that easy as their website prices don't add tax until the very end.

We have a trip booked in Sept for WL CL. I am concerned hearing about not possibly having a room on the 7th floor. I am going to stick with it as it is just a quick weekend. While it is not the worst thing to not be on the 7th floor as the Lodge is small, it was one of the things we loved about staying there. Also do you think that CL TPV will be coming along soon. If so, what floors might that cover?

We have a trip booked in Sept for WL CL. I am concerned hearing about not possibly having a room on the 7th floor. I am going to stick with it as it is just a quick weekend. While it is not the worst thing to not be on the 7th floor as the Lodge is small, it was one of the things we loved about staying there. Also do you think that CL TPV will be coming along soon. If so, what floors might that cover?
We have never stayed WL CL, although we will be in April, but we stayed at Poly, GF SL and AKL and none of these had the lounge on the same floor we were staying on. And it wasn’t a big deal at all. Maybe another minute to wait for an elevator to go up or down a floor. If it is true, I’m sure it won’t affect your CL stay! When we stay we’ll be in a deluxe room and any farther away we’d be in the lake!:boat:

Just got back from an AMAZING stay at BWI CL!! I think it might have turned us into EP resort people??!! Probably the best CL staff we’ve ever encountered. Linda was the best! 25 year Disney veteran, Orlando native and soooo funny “I know I’m not the smartest person on earth, I know that for sure, but I also know for sure that I’m not the stupidest either”!!

Just got back from an AMAZING stay at BWI CL!! I think it might have turned us into EP resort people??!! Probably the best CL staff we’ve ever encountered. Linda was the best! 25 year Disney veteran, Orlando native and soooo funny “I know I’m not the smartest person on earth, I know that for sure, but I also know for sure that I’m not the stupidest either”!!
Glad you had a great time! We loved BWI CL and the EP resort area is so awesome!!! Walking to EP is soooo convenient.

In a follow up to the whole 7th floor at WL discussion: Do they have a back staircase type of way like they do at AKL CL if you weren't on that floor? That is primarily what I used when I was there, and would rather just run around at my own than have to wait around and deal with elevators and it stopping and picking up/dropping off at floors, etc.,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter