Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Wow! That does sound a lot less in terms of offerings. Did you ask any of the CMs while you were there? I think contacting DSS is appropriate. That would not meet my expectations either.

I had noticed that when they first opened the pics showed hot items (I think eggs, bacon, maybe even waffles), in addition to continental breakfast items, but recently, only eggs and continental items have been offered. You do have to wonder if they put out a larger spread when they were “new” and bloggers and “influencers” were all flocking to do reviews. But now that they’ve been open 6 months and the reviews are out there and they are fairly booked up, if they feel they don’t need to keep up the same level of offerings...
There have been waffles as recently as Friday, according to a PP. I know we had them 2 weeks ago.
I know for a fact neither of my visits were early on and they still offered the same stuff as they did at the beginning.
Even had sausage or bacon in the mornings. Not just eggs and pastries.

those scones and granola bars are amazing!

Coming home a bit disappointed after our GDT CL stay. I had watched/read just about every review out there before my trip and was so excited for the offerings. However, once we were there the offerings were only about 35% of what I saw being offered previously.
Should I email DSS or somewhere else? I feel that I should have been entitled to the same offerings as everyone else paying the same as I did. One night there was only one hot app and bread and tomato. I didn’t even see a meat and cheese board the whole time and we were there very often, we had no park days planned for our CL stay.

I wouldn’t e-mail DSS if you decide to write. I’d send any praises/concerns/etc here: wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

I can’t speak specifically to your experiences, but if I go back and look at first few week blogger and DISer photos, offerings were more enhanced than what we experienced in November. I wouldn’t call them major/earth shattering differences, but subtle changes none-the-less. Ours wasn’t as limited as what you describe, though.

@AngiTN breakfast and snacks were not too bad, no bacon or scrambled eggs but there were waffles and pastries, not the banana chocolate loaf that I was looking forward to though.
Snacks were good but again just lacking, I posted pictures a few pages back.
No meat and cheese the whole time. Even dessert was just the mousse in glasses, not even in the Mickey shaped tarts.
Do you mind sharing the email with me, privately even, just so I can express my dissatisfaction to Disney as well.

I believe I was there just a few days after you which is why I was so surprised as I was following along on your posts while you were there.

I do think I overheard the manager of the lounge say he was leaving for vacation our first day and didn’t see him again after that, hope that’s not why I saw so much less!

I was slightly disappointed when we stayed at GDT in November as I found the options more limited than what I had seen in photos when it had just opened. While it was disappointing, I think I was most disappointed about things not being labeled, lol. We’re vegetarian and didn’t want to accidentally try something with meat. I had read a lot about plant-based offerings at GDT and felt kind of frustrated and confused that nothing was labeled. If they’re focusing on offering things that are plant-based, it makes sense to label them for those who eat a plant-based diet.

The time I actually felt most disappointed about what was/was not there was dessert. There were macarons and a dish of m&ms and small individually wrapped chocolates similar to the turn-down service chocolates but in other flavors. We checked every night for maybe something like cookies or rice crispy bars, but there weren‘t any. It seemed strange because in the afternoons, they always had cookies. My daughter didn’t want to eat them after watching a grown-up grab a few with his hands. My dd is 8, and I’ve taught her to always use the serving utensils, not her hands, and if things are in individual dishes for people to take, if she touches a small dish, she needs to take it even if she changes her mind and doesn’t intend to eat it. She really didn‘t want cookies after watching someone not use the serving utensil provided!

@AngiTN breakfast and snacks were not too bad, no bacon or scrambled eggs but there were waffles and pastries, not the banana chocolate loaf that I was looking forward to though.
Snacks were good but again just lacking, I posted pictures a few pages back.
No meat and cheese the whole time. Even dessert was just the mousse in glasses, not even in the Mickey shaped tarts.
Do you mind sharing the email with me, privately even, just so I can express my dissatisfaction to Disney as well.

I believe I was there just a few days after you which is why I was so surprised as I was following along on your posts while you were there.

I do think I overheard the manager of the lounge say he was leaving for vacation our first day and didn’t see him again after that, hope that’s not why I saw so much less!
I wouldn't usually mind but it was something given to me in confidence so it's not really mine to share, if that makes sense.
I would use the email given by GaDad, it's the right one to use.
One other to try, though not sure it's right for Resorts (just know it's for parks)
george.kalogridis@disney.com
unless he's retired recently
Now I'm thinking I have heard that but just not sure.

I think I remember the snack post. If it's the one I'm thinking of, it was the same offerings they've had all along.

I wouldn't usually mind but it was something given to me in confidence so it's not really mine to share, if that makes sense.
I would use the email given by GaDad, it's the right one to use.
One other to try, though not sure it's right for Resorts (just know it's for parks)
george.kalogridis@disney.com
unless he's retired recently
Now I'm thinking I have heard that but just not sure.

I think I remember the snack post. If it's the one I'm thinking of, it was the same offerings they've had all along.

Yeah, it’s now Josh D’Amaro. Former DLR president, he moved to WDW towards the end of 2019 to replace George.

More info: https://www.orlandosentinel.com/bus...0190925-56dfcwbstraxjnzlokyossanc4-story.html

Thank you so much. You have so much helpful information that you are so kind to share!

We have stayed in every BW view room they have on the 4th floor. You can only hear the boardwalk with the door open. When it's closed, and the heavy curtains closed, no sounds got in.
I'm sure there are rooms that can hear the garbage trucks, near the end of the hallway. The dumpsters are back there so they'd have to come in at some point. Plus, down at that end you are getting pretty close to the construction for Ratatouie ride. No idea if there is any noise with it but makes sense it would be. And ESPN club is at that end, no idea if any sounds come up from there or not either.
So personally, between the 2, I'd prefer not having a pool view, since that is more than likely going to put you down on that end of the resort. Go with just Garden View, which would be closer towards the lounge and further from the pool, since you can only see bits of the pool at that end.

You sure you saw everything? The meats and cheeses were always on a different table, over to the side
I was just there 2 weeks ago and the offerings were the same as the ones there while we were there at Christmas.
There were no pastries in the mornings?
No fruit?
No eggs?
No waffles?
No bread with chocolate?
No banana on toast with peanut butter?
No cheese with honey and pepper slice?
That is strange.
I have an email address that I think I'll use to inquire about their changes and if something was going on during your trip that made it unusual

im here now and they have everything you listed above and then some...macarons last 2 nights as well as cookies, strawberry and choc. Pannecotta, and cut up fruit. I did notice that photos when they first opened showed bottles of smart water as well as the small bottles of daisani. No more smart water and when I asked, CM told me they may be getting some type of water dispenser instead of the small bottles.
CMs are wonderful.

also I was in the lounge around 8:00 am this morning and all of the sudden fire alarm went off and they announced that everyone had to evacuate the building...we had to take stairs down from 15th floor!!! As we came down I did wonder why there werenot streams of people entering the stair wells ahead of us ,,,,when we got to the lobby we were directed out an exit and told to walk toward the parking lot! After standing around outside for a while we were told evacuation only affected floors 14-16. So I would really like to know why on earth we were made to walk down 15 stories!

I am looking at both the Yacht and Beach Club resorts, and read one person's review of their CL's. DH will insist on a balcony, and it sounds like that means we should stay at the Yacht Club to be sure we get one. And of course the review I saw of the Regatta Club (the YC CL) was disappointing, particularly because of the service.
I am aware that they could have just been there during a bad week. It is also going to be a while before we go, and I know things can change. But I figured that the sooner I find out whether that review was typical, the sooner I can worry about something else!

We've done CL at the Contemporary, and were totally spoiled! We also did it at 2 Disney hotels in DL, and it was not as great, but nothing to complain about. We did use the Concierge to help us rearrange a dinner reservation at the Contemporary among other things, and I want to make sure that will be available to us when we go to WDW next time.
Our experience at the Contemporary was so wonderful. We loved being in walking distance to the MK. I am hoping that being close to Epcot will be just as great!

Coming home a bit disappointed after our GDT CL stay. I had watched/read just about every review out there before my trip and was so excited for the offerings. However, once we were there the offerings were only about 35% of what I saw being offered previously.
Should I email DSS or somewhere else? I feel that I should have been entitled to the same offerings as everyone else paying the same as I did. One night there was only one hot app and bread and tomato. I didn’t even see a meat and cheese board the whole time and we were there very often, we had no park days planned for our CL stay.
I had been looking forward to our very first club level stay but it turned out to be a huge disappointment. We were unlucky enough to be at the WL a few days after they closed the original Old Faithful Club and set up a temporary location in the hallway. The offerings were a fraction of what they had before. Even the cobbler was missing. The CL staff would come in for the first time and be surprised to see what was being offered. It was really bad.

I had expressed my disappointment to some of the CM's and they were very sympathetic. We had gotten compensation, which was wonderful, but it had spoiled the trip for us. I talked to one of the CL staff that I saw the next time we stayed at WL and he admitted that they added the cobbler and more food offerings after we had left.

Does anyone have photos or information on the appetizers at BWI? I have booked my family here but have been hearing we may be disappointed in the selection of evening offerings when we have been used to Old Faithful Club. A few people have said the selection is far less at BWI. Is that correct?

Ah, see, I knew that memory was nagging around in the back of my brain for some reason. It's on one of those frozen tabs buried deep on my brain's browser, LOL

Random aside, he doesn’t post all that much but he’s worth a follow on Instagram, for those into that kind of thing.

Does anyone have photos or information on the appetizers at BWI? I have booked my family here but have been hearing we may be disappointed in the selection of evening offerings when we have been used to Old Faithful Club. A few people have said the selection is far less at BWI. Is that correct?
No, not in my experience. We've even done both on the same trip (last year)
BWI has a chef preparing items fresh, right in the lounge, 2 selections.
Changes each night though they do have a rotation of a handful they do on a given week.
In addition they'll have a cold salad or two, some sandwiches, if left from lunch, meats, cheeses, dips, etc.
The hot items have always been a huge jump UP from what WL has in my opinion. Not less.

I have BWI booked for summer and have been watching videos on YouTube. There are a few recent videos, which show you everything offered in the lounge. I highly recommend watching a few! I thought there seemed like a good amount of food based on what I saw. Good luck deciding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter