Disney's Magical Express -- Luggage Tag Info

I may go standby on my day of inbound travel to arrive earlier than expected(not sure if I can leave work early until that day). Do I need to call or since I have DME tags on a participating airline should I be just fine? I'm not sure if I can leave work early enough to take this flight, so I booked the next. My family is arriving from another city and taking the earlier flight would put us at MCO at the same time, same DME bus and be able to check in together. ie. start OUR vacation sooner! Thanks for help.

I may go standby on my day of inbound travel to arrive earlier than expected(not sure if I can leave work early until that day). Do I need to call or since I have DME tags on a participating airline should I be just fine? I'm not sure if I can leave work early enough to take this flight, so I booked the next. My family is arriving from another city and taking the earlier flight would put us at MCO at the same time, same DME bus and be able to check in together. ie. start OUR vacation sooner! Thanks for help.

It shouldn't be an issue at all. You are really assigned a particular bus, so you can arrive just about anytime. No need to call DME..they'll be fine. The whole family can just plan to meet at the DME counter..there is a nice lounge (sitting, not drinking) area right there.

It shouldn't be an issue at all. You are really assigned a particular bus, so you can arrive just about anytime. No need to call DME..they'll be fine. The whole family can just plan to meet at the DME counter..there is a nice lounge (sitting, not drinking) area right there.
goofy4tink has a rare typo in her post ....

You are NOT assigned a particular bus on the trip from airport to resort. And as long as you have a DME reservation and are arriving on the same DAY as your reservation, you'll have no problems. No need to call DME.

Also, on the arrival leg of your trip, whether or not your airline is a "participating airline" makes no difference whatsoever.

As long as you check-in at the DME Welcome Center at the same time, you will all be on the same DME bus (provided of course you're all staying at the same resort).

""I want to use the DME Luggage Service. What do I do?
The first thing you'll want to do is attach your luggage tags PRIOR to checking in at your home airport. If the tags are not on your bags before they get checked by the airline, they will not be taken care of. Once the bags have been tagged, you can bypass baggage claim completely. They will show up in your room automatically.""

Tyler, are you saying folks can use the luggage transfer service and not ride on the DME bus?

Tyler, are you saying folks can use the luggage transfer service and not ride on the DME bus?

NO. If you use the luggage service, you MUST ride the DME bus TO Walt Disney World. Otherwise your luggage may not make it to your resort.

Use of the Resort Airline Check-In Desk is independant of the DME bus. For that ONLY, you can check your bags and not use the bus.

I booked Magical Express online about 3 weeks ago. I leave in 12 days, when can I expect to receive my tags in the mail? Should I call Magical Express to follow up?

Now that all checked luggage is screened there is no TSA requirement that luggage go on the same flight as the passenger.

Airlines are under no obligation to pull the luggage if a passenger doesn't board the flight. Sothwest allows passengers to standby for an earlier flight, there might be a charge, but makes a point of telling passengers their luggage will make the flight even if they don't clear.

Some airlines have rules.

All checked luggage is now x-rayed, so that is not as much of a problem.

The airlines are allowed to put luggage on any flight they wish. YOU cannot volunteer to put luggage on a flight that you are not on.

This happens many times when a passenger misses their connection, but the luggage makes the connection. (Case in point, Atlanta). B2 and A3 are a long distance from each other for a passenger, but is very close distance for the luggage. Sometimes that luggage makes the transfer, but the passenger doesn't.

We are flying on Airtran in Sept. to Disney and back home but I have read somewhere on the threads that on the return trip people are having trouble with transporting the luggage to the airport and having to take it themselves is this true and how can we avoid this, since we are on the package deal? Thanks for any help you can give us.

There really is no way to "avoid" it... aside from just skipping Resort Airline Check-In and proceeding to the Airport with luggage as normal.

Either the system is working that day, or it's not. No way to tell ahead of time.

There really is no way to "avoid" it... aside from just skipping Resort Airline Check-In and proceeding to the Airport with luggage as normal.

Either the system is working that day, or it's not. No way to tell ahead of time.

Thank you for answering me back. I was wondering if we took our own laptop could we do all the necessary things and then have the front desk print out our boarding passes (we have a flash stick)if a problem would occur?

Rest assured that no self-respecting company IS department would allow its mission critical systems (like the check-in system at a hotel) accept an outsider's flash-stick. There may be other ways to get a print-out of something, but sticking a flash-stick into the front-desk computer is probably not one of them.

I thought I remember people saying that they've gotten Guest Relations to surf over to the airlines' website for them and printed boarding passes THAT way. I've never done it though so I don't know if they will, or how often they will grant such a request.

Your Disney’s Magical Express reservation has been made; however, you may not receive your Disney’s Magical
Express booklet with luggage tags prior to departure for Orlando. Please be assured that you will still be able to
utilize the service and receive the same seamless experience.
Once you arrive at Orlando International Airport, you have two options:
1) You can pick up your luggage at baggage claim and proceed directly to the Disney
Welcome Center. You will be responsible for taking your luggage with you on the
motor coach.
2) Or you may proceed directly to the Disney Welcome Center. You do not need to claim
your luggage. Disney will gather all of your information and collect your luggage for
you and then deliver it to your resort room.
IMPORTANT: Please pack any valuables, medications or anything needed immediately upon arrival into Orlando in
a carry-on bag.
Arrival at Orlando International Airport. Upon arrival, please take the tram from your gate to the main Terminal
and proceed to the Disney Welcome Center which is located on the B Side on Level 1 and bypass baggage claim.
If you arrive on the A Side, please proceed to the B Side before taking the elevator or escalator down to Level 1.
You may follow the airport signs to Ground Transportation.
At the Disney Welcome Center, please present your airline baggage claim checks to the Disney representative
to confirm the number of bags* checked as well as your return flight information. You will then board a
complimentary motor coach that will take you to your resort. Your motor coach may make up to 3 stops before
arriving at your resort.
Luggage delivery to the resort. Your luggage will be claimed at the airport and delivered to your room. Your
luggage may take up to 3 hours after you check-in to be delivered. You do not need to be in your room to receive
your luggage. Please note if you take your luggage on the motor coach it will not automatically be delivered to
your room.
Returning home. You will receive a Transportation Notice the day prior to check-out advising you of your motor
coach pick-up time and other general information. Your motor coach pick-up time is based on your
flight departure and will be approximately 3 hours prior to that time to allow for multiple stops by
the motor coaches.
Resort Airline Check-In Service. Upon departure, you may take advantage of Disney’s
complimentary Resort Airline Check-In Service for participating airlines. You can check
your luggage and receive your airline boarding pass at your Disney resort so there is
no need to check-in at the airport. At this time, the service is available for guests
flying domestically on these airlines: Alaska Airlines, American, Continental,
Delta, JetBlue, Northwest, and United (including Ted).
*Pet carriers not included. Disney’s Magical Express cannot transport pets
except for service animals.
©DISNEY

Rest assured that no self-respecting company IS department would allow its mission critical systems (like the check-in system at a hotel) accept an outsider's flash-stick. There may be other ways to get a print-out of something, but sticking a flash-stick into the front-desk computer is probably not one of them.

I thought I remember people saying that they've gotten Guest Relations to surf over to the airlines' website for them and printed boarding passes THAT way. I've never done it though so I don't know if they will, or how often they will grant such a request.

Thank you but I DIDN'T know that they wouldn't do that and yes I have had HOTELs do this for me before when there printers where down. I didn't mean to offend you. I appriecate you giving my your imput.

we have booked DME and are staying at AKL
we are flying with Delta from Dublin Ireland with a 3 hour stop over in NY JFK Question when do i tag my bags Dublin or JFK

I know that on the way back I have to check in the bags myself cannot do this at the resorts airline check in

we are flying with Delta from Dublin Ireland with a 3 hour stop over in NY JFK Question when do i tag my bags Dublin or JFK

I know that on the way back I have to check in the bags myself cannot do this at the resorts airline check in

I would think you would tag them when you leave home. But, since it's an intl flight, I am not 100% sure.

Put the DME tags on at home. Since they aren't used by your airline or Customs or the American TSA, they will simply be ignored. Just put them on at home ... one less thing to think about while you are busy with your travels.

sorry one more question , I'm in planning mode today

our flight lands at MCO at 7pm what time should my bags get to the room

sorry one more question , I'm in planning mode today

our flight lands at MCO at 7pm what time should my bags get to the room
You should get to your resort by 8:15ish, your bags will arrive within 3 hrs of that...so by 11:00, but quite possibly sooner.

I'd expect no self-respecting company IS department would even allow working USB working ports, or working floppy drives, on mission critical systems. Forget about an outsider, they don't want employees adding programs, or transferring data out of, the computer.

Guest services, now called lobby concierge, is pleased to obtain and and print BPs. Some of them must have SW listed as a favorite. Before I can even finish asking the CM already had the correct page on the screen and was asking for my confirmation number.

Non-Disney hotels sometimes charge for that service, or have computer terminals (that accept credit cards for payments) available for guest use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter