Disney's Not-So-Spooky Spectacular Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace worth it?

julesthecircusfreak

Earning My Ears
Just trying to gauge whether the Dessert party at Tomorrowland Terrace is worth it. Has anyone done it, and do you have any information/advice? Additionally, how much time do you have to be there before the fireworks start? We're concerned about missing out on some of the rides/other events if we truly have to enter the area 60 minutes before the fireworks start. Thoughts? TIA!

I have done the regular FW terrace dessert party and the Garden dessert MNSSHP.

The view from the terrace in my opinion is not good, even if you are by the railing. If you are not by the railing, your view still is even worse, and you need to jockey for a better position. The FW are off center, you can't see all of the castle projections, and sometimes the ceiling blocks the FW depending on your spot.

The view from the garden is perfect. Well, it can be perfect. The best spots are all the way in the garden, so you are centered -- that's left side of the garden as you face the castle. The walkway in front of the garden on the left side is reserved for wheelchairs/scooters who attend the dessert party -- the CMs do not allow kids on adults shoulders in this area. The right side of the garden - -the walkway in front of it is open seating and there will be shoulder kids, so don't sit in that area. (Just to be clear, I am talking about the garden that is on the right side as you face the castle --- the left side of this garden is the better seating than the right side of this garden. I don't know what goes on in the other garden)

No, you don't have to enter the dessert party 60 minutes before. You can arrive later. It depends on how much time you want to devote to snacking. Personally, I don't really care about the snacks, I just want the FW spot. So we spent maybe 15 minutes snacking.

Last week on Tuesday and Friday, the garden area was 1/2 full at best. Probably less. On Friday we checked in around 855pm, had a quick glass of wine and snack, and then went back to the hub to watch the parade. We didn't go into the viewing area until around 945, but people were still entering as the FW were starting.

On Tuesday, everybody in the garden area stood for FW at the direction of the CM. They were mostly seated while waiting. On Friday, most people remained seated to watch the FW as the CM didn't come over and tell everyone to stand.

Depends on what you're looking for. If you want great views, then no, I would say it's not worth it. We do it every year, and we like to use it as a break from the crowds, and having a place to sit, and wine to drink makes it worth it for us, but we don't really mind that the lower projections on the castle are blocked and the fireworks are off center. If you want a chance to pick a table (which is helpful as some have better views than others), you do need to get there pretty early, but once selected the CM will put a reserved sign on it so you're welcome to leave and come back later.

Here's a picture from the terrace during last years party so you can get an idea of the view:

PXL_20220926_022015581.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter