Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So following along the previous posts about a King bed room, can a family of 3 request one? It will be me, my husband and our (soon to be) 9 year old son. We'd prefer a King room -- and our son will sleep on the day bed -- but if we don't get that room type, we're fine too. Our only "deal breaker" is a 2nd floor room without a balcony -- I'd prefer 3rd floor with balcony and will be fine with 1st floor with patio.
Yes, we always request a king even when we go with our DGD. And we have gotten one a few times

Just checked in!! Just hanging around and exploring the resort until our room is ready!! Lava pool is very crowded! Heading to Oasis pool now.
Have an excellent stay!!

I often see how posts about how crowded the volcano pool is yet Poly isn’t *that* large and you have to assume most people are at the parks... so what gives? We’ve stayed at WL and AKL (where we spent time at both pools) and none of them were crowded. Kidani was busy but plenty of chairs and space to swim. Has me worried for enjoying any Poly pool time in a few weeks!

Have an excellent stay!!

I often see how posts about how crowded the volcano pool is yet Poly isn’t *that* large and you have to assume most people are at the parks... so what gives? We’ve stayed at WL and AKL (where we spent time at both pools) and none of them were crowded. Kidani was busy but plenty of chairs and space to swim. Has me worried for enjoying any Poly pool time in a few weeks!

It was also uncomfortably crowded when we were there last year. On the positive side, we all, kids included, loved the Oasis pool, which was far less crowded.

It was also uncomfortably crowded when we were there last year. On the positive side, we all, kids included, loved the Oasis pool, which was far less crowded.

I think we'll plan to sit by the Oasis pool for the most part, we've been spoiled by Storm Along Bay. Does anyone know if the small kids slide at the Volcano pool is similar to the kids slide at SAB?

Just checked in!! Just hanging around and exploring the resort until our room is ready!! Lava pool is very crowded! Heading to Oasis pool now.
Well. ?

Are the studios amazing? They look so pretty and the double bath with a family:thumbsup2

Ds21 and I land 9am tues so hope to run into you soon.

Polyparty:

Well. ?

Are the studios amazing? They look so pretty and the double bath with a family:thumbsup2

Ds21 and I land 9am tues so hope to run into you soon.

Polyparty:

Well... we took a vote when we got here and agreed we like Poly better than BC! We do like the rooms and the pools! My kids wanted to just do a resort day yesterday and they went in both pools and loved the splash area! We watched the fireworks from our room and even enjoyed the movie last night outside! My son already asked when we can stay again and my DD asked if we can make this our home resort too LOL We were able to grab a dinner reservation at Narcoossees for tonight, so we’ll head there and then over to MK. Looking forward to seeing you!! Anyone else here this week that wants to meet up, let me know!!

Last edited:

Hope you're having a great time! :goodvibes

I am playing musical reservations and keep changing my mind about where we are staying in September. I'm my own worst enemy when it comes to planning! I just booked us for a SV, and was coming here to find information, and lo and behold, thank you for the recent discussion!

Disney makes it so hard to choose as there are so many great choices...lol....but I think Poly is a great choice! Good luck with the planning :).

Ds21 and I land 9am tuesparty:

Have a great trip! :jumping1:

Well... we took a vote when we got here and agreed we like Poly better than BC! We do like the rooms and the pools! My kids wanted to just do a resort day yesterday and they went in both pools and loved the splash area! We watched the fireworks from our room and even enjoyed the movie last night outside! My son already asked when we can stay again and my DD asked if we can make this our home resort too LOL We were able to grab a dinner reservation at Narcoossees for tonight, so we’ll head there and then over to MK. Looking forward to seeing you!! Anyone else here this week that wants to meet up, let me know!!

I'm so glad you like the Poly! We stayed at the BC prior to our Poly stay (not same trip) and while we thought the BC was nice, we found the Poly just amazing! The Poly is our favorite overall and I can't wait to return in October. Enjoy the rest of your time there :wizard:.

Glad you’re having a great time. The Poly is great for a resort day and sooo relaxing! Hope you have great weather and a fun 4th!

Wait until you experience all the fun there on July 4!! There really is no place like Poly on the 4th :cloud9:. I will miss seeing everyone!

What a great time! We also loved the splash area; it’s pretty amazing. Enjoy Narcoossees!

From the Polynesian is it faster to get to Epcot by monorails or bus.
I believe unless the monorail is down, there is no bus to Epcot. We walk over to the TTC and get on the Epcot monorail there. That way there’s no need to ride the resort monorail all the way around to the TTC in order to switch over to the Epcot monorail.

We will be there in 15 days (woo-hoo!) for the second half of our split stay (1st half at BWI).

I was looking at the recreation calendar for July and don't see the torch lighting ceremony. Does anyone know if that is still happening? I can't remember if this was listed on the calendar and it looks a bit different than before so wanted to see if anyone was in the know! Love the torch lighting!!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter