Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the above poster that the view of fireworks is pretty incredible from almost any point of the central area of grounds- from beach all the way to Lava pool and up to Grand ceremonial house. I was there last week and was surprised while walking from my room in Tokelau along the beach path and up to Ceremonial house just how much of the show can be seen from multiple vantage points. The main “crowd” was at the beach but several people were within the pool areawatching (some still swimming) and then another crowd stopped in front of the ceremonial house(the ground is slightly higher there so still good view) and I even noticed lots of people on 2nd floor of lobby, where the temporary Tambu lounge is set up. It was as if time had stopped while everyone was admiring the fireworks, pretty cool, and music was heard throughout the grounds. I don’t think you need to arrive more than 15min, unless you really want a lounge chair as there aren’t too many on the beach. The only “bad” view on the beach would be behind the bungalows as they block the lagoon/castle view.

Can I get some room request help?

We have 3 rooms booked: two standard and one theme park view. Two rooms are families of 4 (mom/dad/two kids under 10) and then grandma (in the theme park view.) Is there a particular building I should request? I'm not sure what to try for. TIA!

We've stayed in Samoa and it was fantastic. Short walk to the great ceremonial house and both pools. Our room overlooked the oasis pool which was great. I particularly appreciated the refillable mug station at the oasis...quieter than captain cooks! Going back next August and will definitely request Samoa again!

We got our magic bands in the mail!! We also ended up putting in a request for Rarotonga with our TA thanks to everyone’s advice. We are hoping for a balcony so asked for the third floor. Crossing our fingers! Is it still ok or a good idea to send the room request fax with Touring Plans or does one of them supersede the other?

We got our magic bands in the mail!! We also ended up putting in a request for Rarotonga with our TA thanks to everyone’s advice. We are hoping for a balcony so asked for the third floor. Crossing our fingers! Is it still ok or a good idea to send the room request fax with Touring Plans or does one of them supersede the other?

It's always exciting getting MBs :yay:. I've never used TP for room requests so I can't offer any advice on that, but hopefully others will be able to help. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Has anyone seen Joffreys iced coffee near the refillable mug station in Captain Cooks? We stayed at Beach Club this past May and they had it at the marketplace. Hoping it makes it's way to the Poly.

Booked a Garden View club level for December - would really love a patio or balcony if possible - any suggestions as to how/what to request?

Call the Main Reservations line and add a request of "1st or 3rd floor please". 1st floor has patios and 3rd floor has balconies. This can be done anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference.

Booked a Garden View club level for December - would really love a patio or balcony if possible - any suggestions as to how/what to request? The ability to have my morning coffee outside in peace is a part of what makes vacation great for me :) not to mention an afternoon cocktail....

TIA

My favorite resort room category. :-)

You have roughly a 2/3's chance of getting an outdoor space in a CL Garden View room, so the odds are in your favor. I would e-mail DSS with your request and just make it something simple like "request a third or first floor room", unless you have any other requests.

I prefer a third floor room, so will sometimes say something like "first preference third floor, second preference first floor."

Hope that helps!

So True … is this the CL lounge?

We haven't been to the Polynesian in a while and this is our first time CL its a gift for my dd's 21st birthday :)

Yes, it’s the CL lounge at the holidays (hence the tree). One of my favorite spots.

In case you didn’t know what I was referring to with DSS, it’s Disney Signature Services, which is the central planning/concierge-like office that is available to CL guests. You can email or call them, even for simple things like room requests:

(407) 939-7777
disney.signature.services@disneyworld.com

Sorry if you already know all of that!

PS: Not sure if you or the pending 21-year old partake, but Poly CL has a great beer fridge setup. :-)

Booked a Garden View club level for December - would really love a patio or balcony if possible - any suggestions as to how/what to request? The ability to have my morning coffee outside in peace is a part of what makes vacation great for me :) not to mention an afternoon cocktail....
TIA

Your question has been answered, but I wanted to say enjoy the planning for your upcoming trip and I hope you enjoy the Poly CL :wizard:.

BTW @tjmw2727, this isn't a bad spot to have your morning coffee (or cocktail) either.... in case you don't get the balcony or patio. :-)

View attachment 354330

That's a great spot for morning coffee! I'm really looking forward to trying Poly CL in a few weeks :goodvibes.

We haven't been to the Polynesian in a while and this is our first time CL its a gift for my dd's 21st birthday :)

What a great birthday gift! I think you'll love CL. Hope you have a great stay in December :wizard:.

Yes, it’s the CL lounge at the holidays (hence the tree). One of my favorite spots.

In case you didn’t know what I was referring to with DSS, it’s Disney Signature Services, which is the central planning/concierge-like office that is available to CL guests. You can email or call them, even for simple things like room requests:

(407) 939-7777
disney.signature.services@disneyworld.com

Sorry if you already know all of that!

PS: Not sure if you or the pending 21-year old partake, but Poly CL has a great beer fridge setup. :-)

Thanks for all of this!
Its not our first club level stay but the first time at the Poly CL and first time back since they added DVC.

Just got off the phone with DSS as a matter of fact, made my extra CL FP+ and put in my room requests. And Yes we will all be selecting something tasty from the beer fridge!

Thank you so much!!! This was so extremely helpful. We will definitely follow your advice :)

Hi there. Hallowishes from Poly is awesome, in my opinion. The 180 degree ending from outside the park at the angle from Poly is really good.

In my opinion, the best fireworks viewing is from the main Poly beach area in front of the Lava Pool, see the yellow rectangle below, generally between the boat dock and far left Bungalow. Within that area, the better viewing is between that middle yellow line and the first Bungalow. When you get towards the boat dock there’s an island in the middle of the Seven Seas Lagoon that blocks the castle view. Fireworks are still shot well above the tree line, but it just looks better if you can see the castle.

I would recommend to not get too far out on the beach, stay closer to the path. Poly audio experiences can vary, but the speakers are on the ground closest to the Hawaii longhouse and walkway. Too far out on the beach and the volume can become less than ideal.

As far as timing, while a crowd usually gathers on any given night, it’s not often such a mega crowd that you have to be super worried about arriving early. I’m spit balling a bit, but I’d say 15ish minutes early... grab a Dole Whip or beverage... and a towel... and relax on the beach.

View attachment 353935

Technically HEA, but an example of the view. I’m standing on the path just about as far right as you want to go, otherwise the bungalow comes into play.
View attachment 353937

Hope that helps!

I’m staying in a studio next month. Are their balconies on all levels of the DVC buildings or do I need to request for a top or bottom floor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter