Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my hunch, but travel agent bookings are transferred to WDW at maybe thirty days out. That is how I was able to call and verify the TA listed my special requests for allergy free laundry detergents and executive cleaning for my sensitive skin issues- as well as location preferences. TP fax was just a confirmation from TP that it was successful.

I have multiple skin allergies, standard allergies, and food allergies for one of my kids. Should I request a special cleaning? Has anyone else been successful with this? I bring my own personal care products, detergents, and meds for a flareup. I am careful at home, not so much out and about.

Thanks in advance. We're staying at the poly in April and hoping for Rarotonga.

My nephew and I were scheduled to arrive this week and we were so excited! He passed away unexpectedly last Friday afternoon. We have visited DIsney World many times and were especially looking forward to staying at the Poly and had reservations for both Symphany in the Stars dessert party and the Club Villain. I don't think I will ever return to Disney as I can't imagine coming without him.

I will love and miss him everyday for the rest of my life. I am truly heart broken
I am so very sorry, my prayers are with you.

Hi all, Just trying to make sense of it all As we've never stayed at the Poly before! Now that the bungalows are there, when you're sitting on the beach are you just staring at the backs of the bungalows? Or is there an area of beach where you have a clear lagoon view? Thanks!

I have multiple skin allergies, standard allergies, and food allergies for one of my kids. Should I request a special cleaning? Has anyone else been successful with this? I bring my own personal care products, detergents, and meds for a flareup. I am careful at home, not so much out and about.

I asked for Rarotonga too. I recently stayed at a Marriott and had a swollen red face in the morning because of the pillowcase. I felt ill for days, because the reaction is no different from your body's reaction to an illness. It is a contact dermatitis that has become much more reactive with age. The more you can avoid the cause, the better you will be in the long run. Yes, tell Disney or your travel agent to have the room deep cleaned and the linens (and towels) washed with allergen free detergents.

Does anyone know where things stand with the repair work outside of the longhouses? I know they are repairing the supports outside, I am so afraid this will wind up in our building in May....I had hoped the construction issues were all done...seems I have one last hurdle:sad2:

My son's skin is very sensitive, so I've always requested a VIP cleaning to be added to our room requests. They wash all linens in dye-free, fragrance fee detergent. I can't verify if this really happens, but he's never had a reaction during one of our stays.

Yes, tell Disney or your travel agent to have the room deep cleaned and the linens (and towels) washed with allergen free detergents.

My son's skin is very sensitive, so I've always requested a VIP cleaning to be added to our room requests. They wash all linens in dye-free, fragrance fee detergent. I can't verify if this really happens, but he's never had a reaction during one of our stays.

Thanks so much for the advice. I'm going ahead and requesting it for our April stay. I've always had "sensitive" skin, but finally got tested in Oct at a university clinic after nine months of unrelenting eyelid dermatitis. I still have one patch test area with dermatitis that is very, very slowly calming down. So I guess it's better safe than sorry. Hmm, I ought to consider bringing my own hand soap to the parks too.

Hi all, Just trying to make sense of it all As we've never stayed at the Poly before! Now that the bungalows are there, when you're sitting on the beach are you just staring at the backs of the bungalows? Or is there an area of beach where you have a clear lagoon view? Thanks!
There is a smallish beach area that is not obstructed by the Bungalows. That is where they have some chairs/hammocks/etc and they put up the screen for the nightly movies in this area.

Does anyone know if Captain Cook's will alter any of the items on the menu? I have allergies so I'm pretty limited and I was curious if they would make an adult size chicken nugget... Anyone tried? I know they have a chicken sandwich but I try to stay away from teriyaki sauce didn't know if they could make it without it.

I'm pretty sure we had an adult size order of nuggets and fries once, with about 8 nuggets.

Does anyone know where things stand with the repair work outside of the longhouses? I know they are repairing the supports outside, I am so afraid this will wind up in our building in May....I had hoped the construction issues were all done...seems I have one last hurdle:sad2:

I'm tracking through posts...
In the fall, Samoa and Niue were done and took several months to complete. Rarotonga and Hawaii GV were started in January and are still in progress. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Only up to page 140-- but taking a break to thank everyone for all the pictures, information, etc. We'll be staying in the DVC studios (me, dh, and youngest dd and ds-- the two older ones will be off into the adult world) in September. The Poly has been my dream resort since I first went to WDW in 1975 as a little kid (stayed off property at the Dutch Inn-- which is under one of the Downtown Disney hotels now). Really looking forward to our stay.

I 'think' I'm going to request Samoa main pool view. We have a standard room booked. I really don't want monorail. Is there that much noise at night? (Horn from boats?) What about relaxing on balcony during day, any privacy at all? I liked that idea of this view bec if one of us take a break from swimming we can look out and see the others in the pool. I know nothing is guaranteed but those were my thoughts. I'd love more of a lagoon/beach view but I don't want a lot of boat noise. Any suggestions? We are getting so excited for our anniversary trip.

nly up to page 140-- but taking a break to thank everyone for all the pictures, information, etc. We'll be staying in the DVC studios (me, dh, and youngest dd and ds-- the two older ones will be off into the adult world) in September. The Poly has been my dream resort since I first went to WDW in 1975 as a little kid (stayed off property at the Dutch Inn-- which is under one of the Downtown Disney hotels now). Really looking forward to our stay.

I stayed at The Dutch Inn when I was little (around the same year!) too!

Very excited to be making my ADRs in two days! Even lucked out with a Saturday for my early morning rise! I'll be rearing to go with my laptop, iPad and cuppa tea or two! :dogdance:
I was also excited this past Friday and then I got the DREADED, "sorry for the paws" message. I had to call in every single reservation in! :mad::mad::mad:
Hope you have better luck but be prepared to call. I'm still fuming!

Very excited to be making my ADRs in two days! Even lucked out with a Saturday for my early morning rise! I'll be rearing to go with my laptop, iPad and cuppa tea or two! :dogdance:

Oops! Just realized I'm :offtopic: :rolleyes2 My apologies...:worship:

Have I made amends if I say how I'm trying for Ohana on our arrival night and Kona for a mid-vacay breakfast? :flower3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter