Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been on hold with WDW for the past 90 minutes to change my "Christmas at the Poly" reservation to a "Christmas somewhere else" reservation. At first, the only change they would make without an upcharge was to a deluxe villa. Since this was the third time my reservation had been changed, I said no way and ended up being moved to the Grand. Now let's just hope that resort opens on schedule!

I've been on hold with WDW for the past 90 minutes to change my "Christmas at the Poly" reservation to a "Christmas somewhere else" reservation. At first, the only change they would make without an upcharge was to a deluxe villa. Since this was the third time my reservation had been changed, I said no way and ended up being moved to the Grand. Now let's just hope that resort opens on schedule!

Go for a cash DVC room at Wilderness Lodge. Cant beat that at Christmas time.

Thanks for the helpful comments in this thread. Our group has a DVC studio reservation here in late October this year. Seems like we will more or less be fine? Unfortunate about the monorail, though. Hoping TTC is open.

I just got the e-mail from Disney. We will be contacted four weeks before our vacation to be moved to another resort. We are not to take any action at this time. We will not be charged more for the move. The change will not impact Theme Park reservations or dining reservations already made.

Oh what a bummer this is! We were supposed to go back for a "final hurrah" before my twins (kids number 3 and 4) turn 3, and thus cost extra, AND make use unable to fit in a single room at the Poly. 😭 I am not sure if I want to be switched to bother resort, or just reschedule (AND pay extra for tickets/ still not get my Poly back) We love the atmosphere of the Poly, but also the convenience, as we mostly visit MK and Epcot. GF seems too fancy for four small kids, and the Contemporary seems like we'd be losing out also. What a bummer choice to have to make!

I wonder if it has anything to do with when the reservation was made. We booked July 2021 when we cancelled our June 2020 trip in March 2020.

I personally wouldn't mind being moved to the Grand Floridian, but DD and DH would not be happy as we are saving the Grand Floridian for her wedding. The Poly is their favorite resort, so being moved would be a drag. The Contemporary would be a no go. We loved our trip there, but once we stayed at the Poly, I don't think we would return.

I feel like I just can't win no matter what. Trying desperately not to cry at my desk at work. Next May was supposed to be the makeup trip for this canceled May, with even more time at the resort, for my 40th birthday. It was my light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm glad for the refurbs but jesus this feels like a kick in the teeth. No way can we afford RPC for 2 weeks so we either change the other part of our split or cut the trip or postpone until fall totally ruining the milestone.

I feel like I just can't win no matter what. Trying desperately not to cry at my desk at work. Next May was supposed to be the makeup trip for this canceled May, with even more time at the resort, for my 40th birthday. It was my light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm glad for the refurbs but jesus this feels like a kick in the teeth. No way can we afford RPC for 2 weeks so we either change the other part of our split or cut the trip or postpone until fall totally ruining the milestone.
There is no CL anywhere for any dates right now 😔

I’m so sorry you lost another trip! I hope you’re able to find a replacement you can get excited about.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/tra...0200831-msbc6ycgprb23grxb6p7fxizjm-story.html
"A Disney World spokeswoman on Monday said changes to the rooms will include a move to a Pacific Ocean-inspired color palette as well as details, patterns and textures from Disney’s “Moana,” an animated film that takes place on the Polynesian island of Motunui."

Bleh.
That’s awesome. My first stay there was in ‘72 and the room colors were a bright yellow and green. I was disappointed when they changed to browns.

The monorail being unusable from October- until is kinda crazy. One of the best things about all 3 monorail resorts is...the monorail!
I saw the monorail article, but didn’t read it completely. I thought it was just saying there would be no stop at Poly. Is the whole loop going down? I will have to redo dining reservations. I was moved from Poly to GF this morning.

Seems like there’s no definite answer on that yet. I had the same question.

I believe there is.

All of the information about the Monorail comes from the announcement that the Poly wont open until Summer 2021. Monorail closures are not mentioned any where else.

From the Poly info page.
Monorail transportation is available between the Great Ceremonial House and Magic Kingdom park until early October 2020—see details below; the walkway to the Transportation and Ticket Center will remain open, where Guests may access the monorail and ferry boats to Magic Kingdom park

https://blogmickey.com/2020/08/mono...ng-in-october-details-on-alternative-options/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter