Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what my Travel Agent said, "the monorail stop will be closed".

Reading that elsewhere as well. Whatever GCH renovations are happening it involves the monorail stop or entrance in someway.
I'm thinking there might be some elevator work for better accessibility (getting up to the monorail floor or down from it) but the GCH has the same problem. So maybe it's not that.
(bring back the waterfall, bring back the waterfall)

I've never stayed at a monorail resort and splurged on 2 nights at Christmas at Poly. I just called about my other trip and just asked about this. She moved me to a Deluxe studio at poly for those 2 nights. I'm so excited! First time at dvc. She was going to offer me the contemporary but I have childhood memories of poly. Hope I can walk to TTC and eat at Kona and Capt Cook. Now I'm off to do some research about which long house to request.

We were switched this morning from the Poly to the Grand Floridian for next Aug 12-24. I think I may be the only person crushed by this since I have no desire to stay at the Grand. lol

Well that’s disheartening. I just booked on Friday for August 16-22 next year. Haven’t heard a thing from Disney or my TA. That’d be super disappointing, but not surprising if we got that far into summer and they still weren’t open.

If they are not using the monorail stop, would Kona still be open? I assume they will be doing construction in the building.

Disney is trying to break me. But I will not succumb.

Yes, I'm going in Feb. First time staying in my "home" - DVC at the Poly. Had to adjust to the masks, etc., shortened park hours, now no monorail...... Please tell me the restaurants will be open? Kona?? Capt. Cooks? I guess Ohana's is not open? Trader Sam's? Is the outside part open? I assume the inside room is not open.....

I still want to go in Feb!!! Disney will not break me! I will not give up! Any trip to Florida in Feb is a vacation. That's my mantra.

Well that’s disheartening. I just booked on Friday for August 16-22 next year. Haven’t heard a thing from Disney or my TA. That’d be super disappointing, but not surprising if we got that far into summer and they still weren’t open.
Yea it was a shock but it was only announced this morning about not opening on Oct. 4th as announced on July 27th. And the re-themeing to Moana and updates to the GCH and the Monorail station closing in Oct with a reopening Summer 2021.

Dave

Can someone please help those with a DVC reservation understand what is / is not available with the rest of the resort not open (and not opening now until next summer) as compared to normal? Main pool still open? Dining impacts? Main lodge/lobby impacts? Monorail availability? Will we notice many differences elsewhere around the resort? Thanks for any input.
We are headed to the poly tomorrow so I can update, but my understanding is both the pools are open, kona cafe and capt cooks open, Ohana still closed, main lobby and shops open, etc. monorail station open until Oct. closure but of course accommodating less people per social distancing..

There is no CL anywhere for any dates right now 😔

I’m so sorry you lost another trip! I hope you’re able to find a replacement you can get excited about.

We talked it over when I got home and gf talked me off the cliff like she normally does.:rotfl2:Part of why i was so upset is because gf loves the Poly more than any place in the world and was so looking forward to it, and I was heartbroken to have to disappoint her again after everything. But she reassured me that she would be happy staying anywhere with me. We’re thinking about changing up the split to a week of regular GF (much more doable) with a week at YC as the other side of the split. The closest she’s ever stayed to the Epcot resorts is a family trip to CBR back when it was brand new, and she loves the idea of the theme (she loves nautical anything). As long as she’s happy it will help my disappointment. Staying cash at DVC is also an idea, but that really depends on how disruptive the GCH construction is. I’d rather wait and see our Poly at her best.

And gosh I’ll be so glad just to have any Disney at all after all this that I bet it won’t even matter. I’ll just spend my birthday in Galaxy’s Edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter