Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Heading down mid-March with Water-view booked--was trying to avoid being placed in Aotearoa with all the construction but now wondering how they've been assigning the 2nd and 3rd floors lagoon facing rooms there? Anyone have any 1st hand knowledge? I checked out Touring Plans but I know that things tend to work differently in the real world.
I had booked water view a few times this year but then ended up moving to something else. However all my research suggested rooms would face the pools or possibly lagoon side of Fuji.

Aotearoa is mostly garden with some TPV. Ya never know with Disney . Best bet is to have the building numbers handy so when you get a room ready text or check in in person you are prepared. If you get something you don’t want and can ask for something else.

Aotearoa x2xx
Fiji x3xx
Tuvalu x4xx
Hawaii x5xx
Samoa x6xx
Nuie x7xx
Rarotonga x8xx
1st digit will be 1 for 1st floor, 2 for 2nd and 3 for 3rd.

I had booked water view a few times this year but then ended up moving to something else. However all my research suggested rooms would face the pools or possibly lagoon side of Fuji.

Aotearoa is mostly garden with some TPV. Ya never know with Disney . Best bet is to have the building numbers handy so when you get a room ready text or check in in person you are prepared. If you get something you don’t want and can ask for something else.

Aotearoa x2xx
Fiji x3xx
Tuvalu x4xx
Hawaii x5xx
Samoa x6xx
Nuie x7xx
Rarotonga x8xx
1st digit will be 1 for 1st floor, 2 for 2nd and 3 for 3rd.
Ya never know with Disney is where I get caught up as well--haha. I'm thinking the same--Samoa, Fiji, and maybe Rarotonga are probably most likely--and it'll definitely be a trip by the front desk if I see that damn 2 (I know those bldg numbers by heart) when I check at the airport. I'll be sure to report back if anything unexpected happens!

I'm so excited and will do that. I'm watching a new video right now by Allears on the Poly.
4K WDW just posted a Poly resort walk around video 2 days ago! His (or maybe her) videos are great if you've never watched. The person just walks around and takes footage, he/she doesn't talk, it's all POV. I find the videos strangely relaxing. It also gives you a good feel of the resort or park and how it is on any given normal day.

Anyone who has been recently to the Polynesian: Can you hear construction noise in the rooms if you are staying on the other side of the ceremonial house (Niue or Rarotonga house)? Thinking of the kids trying to nap. Thanks!

How is the walk to the Ticket and Transportation Center? Thinking of my aching feet and two tired kids at the end of the day where every step feels like another mile!

How is the walk to the Ticket and Transportation Center? Thinking of my aching feet and two tired kids at the end of the day where every step feels like another mile!
It's not a long walk. I know at the end of the day any walk seems long though. We've always stayed on the TTC side of the resort, but Poly is so small that a walk anywhere is relatively short especially when you consider how much walking you do in the parks.

In my opinion, the ability to walk to the Ticket and Trans while staying at Poly is one of the selling points of staying there. It's only one monorail to Epcot, instead of taking the resort monorail from the lobby and switching at T&TC. It's not a bad walk and better than up and down the ramps to switch monorails!

Negligible, like 5 minutes. Only once on a Poly stay did we ever bother to switch monorails out of exhaustion coming home from Epcot at night and if I'm honest the ramps were harder on our tired legs than it would have been to just walk back.

Just got back from our trip where are first 4 days were spent at the Poly. We did not want to leave. We sure fell in love with it. It is just beautiful and the ambience is amazing. So relaxing even though the ceremonial house could be busy. Did not eat at Ohana but the rest of the food we ate we really enjoyed. Nobody warned us that we should have shared the bread pudding lol. It was huge! And just so good. I will say though that I was a little disappointed in the Tonga toast. Not sure if we just got unlucky or what but it was kind of dry and really hard on the outside so hard to cut. We stayed on the DVC side in Moorea and loved it. Took us forever to remember how to get to our room though lol. Loved how big the room was and the 2 bathrooms. We would stay there again for sure. Thank you again everyone for your advice and tips!!!

We are booked for 9/1-9/8 Poly CL resort view! I'm soooo excited! I thought about upgrading to water view but I didn't know if it would really be worth the extra expense. Are the CL rooms effected by the tower construction?

We are booked for 9/1-9/8 Poly CL resort view! I'm soooo excited! I thought about upgrading to water view but I didn't know if it would really be worth the extra expense. Are the CL rooms effected by the tower construction?
Not at all, Hawaii is a great central spot with no construction issues. Only minor downside is no walkable access to GF and the gym for Poly guests right now.

Enjoy your CL stay!

Hi all! We have our first stay at the Poly coming up in a few weeks and I am SO EXCITED! Have wanted to stay here since I was a kid and now taking our 2.5 year old after thinking about it basically since he was born. I have a few minor questions I'm hoping those knowledgeable can answer as I firm up our plans:
  1. Does anyone have a recommendation for a quiet area somewhere in/around the Poly if our room isn't ready on arrival day and I need to try to get my toddler to nap in a stroller/on me?
  2. How long does the monorail realistically take to MK in the morning around 7:45/8am? Is it super crowded?
  3. I'm staying DVC side so is the best way to get to Epcot walking directly to the TTC?
  4. For the bus parks (HS and AK), I understand the Poly shares with GF. Which resort is first and how long should I allot in the morning to get to both parks for early entry? We are aiming to hit early entry for both but in a super laidback way/not aiming for any of the headliners where everyone else is headed, so I just want to be there by the start of EE and don't have to be at the front of the pack.

ETA:

5. How long should I leave myself to get from Poly to the Contemporary for a Chef Mickeys' breakfast at 8:45am on our rest? Would being on the monorail platform at 8:30 be reasonable?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter