Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just did our online check-in for our September trip! :cool1::banana::cheer2: Chose 80's section & ground floor for our room requests, hoping for a renovated room! I went back in to make sure it kept it, as I had saw some posts saying that their online check-in was not keeping their selections. But mine seem to be fine and remained. I also did our food order for our BOG lunch reservation! I feel like it's all happening!!! Our magicbands are bouncing around the country, but at least they are on their way to us :thumbsup2

I am far too lazy to look back on all of the posts to find out the answer to this question! My son wants to know if there is blue Powerade in the food court fountain drink dispenser? Please, and thank you very much!!

Another Blue Powerade fan here!

I drink enough Mountain Berry Blast to pay for my Mug in one day!lol:)
That's me with my diet coke! I refilled 7 times the first day with my mug in July! Im sure he will do the same with his mug and the Powerade!!

My understanding that only the 80's & 90's buildings will have updated rooms for date of my fall trip - mid October. Then i read only standard rooms? Confused.

It's such a busy time, any idea how difficult it will be to obtain one? Is faxing a request no longer acceptable (i don't often book resort rooms, admittedly out of the loop)

If i do flip res over from ASMu, will request an updated one, along with everyone else lol, via phone call & stop @ the desk before noon.

Are there other strategies I'm missing? :)

Last edited:
My understanding that only the 80's & 90's buildings will have updated rooms for date of my fall trip - mid October. Then i read only standard rooms? Confused.

It's such a busy time, any idea how difficult it will be to obtain one? Is faxing a request no longer acceptable (i don't often book resort rooms, admittedly out of the loop)

If i do flip res over from ASMu, will request an updated one, along with everyone else lol, via phone call & stop @ the desk before noon.

Are there other strategies I'm missing? :)

There are no preferred rooms in the 80's & 90's sections. There are only Standard rooms and Standard Pool View rooms. That's why you read that there are only "Standard" rooms. *All* of the rooms in the 80's & 90's buildings will be refurbished by the time you arrive in October. There are Preferred rooms in the 50's, 60's, & 70's, but none of those rooms will have been refurbished by October. And it's entirely possible that the entire 70's area will be undergoing refurbishment when you're there.

Something on another thread got my attention. How late is there someone at the luggage assistance counter at Pop? I know it's available 24/7, but is someone always there during that time? We usually arrive in the afternoon, but we have an upcoming stay when we will arrive late at night. Our flight gets in at 9 PM. I'd like to ask them to hold our luggage until morning once it arrives. If there's no one at luggage assistance, could we ask at check-in about holding our luggage until morning? We also hope to have our groceries brought to our room once we're there. Hopefully that can happen late at night too. We've never arrived this late before.

Something on another thread got my attention. How late is there someone at the luggage assistance counter at Pop? I know it's available 24/7, but is someone always there during that time? We usually arrive in the afternoon, but we have an upcoming stay when we will arrive late at night. Our flight gets in at 9 PM. I'd like to ask them to hold our luggage until morning once it arrives. If there's no one at luggage assistance, could we ask at check-in about holding our luggage until morning? We also hope to have our groceries brought to our room once we're there. Hopefully that can happen late at night too. We've never arrived this late before.

I asked the same question not too long ago. I was told there should be someone manning luggage assistance or you can notify the front desk or call bell services from the room.

Checked in this morning.
Arrived at 9:30am and room was ready. :thumbsup2
And I got the exact room I requested through touring plans. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2
Glad you got the room you wanted!:goodvibes We only requested ground floor - so many other choices and factors I couldn't decided lol:confused3
We will be there in two days!!! See you at POP:thumbsup2

Were you offered gift card to opt out of mousekeeping?
Have a great trip ... we will be at POP in 2 days!!!

I checked in Tuesday and asked at the desk for the opt out gift card. It is $15 per night minus one (so I got $45 for a 4 night stay.)

Status of building 7? Does it look ready to open?

No. The paper instructions on the windows are off of maybe half those facing the pool, which is maybe 1/6 of the bldg done? The other rooms look like the furniture is all in, but they are not yet done. There are parts I couldn't see when I walked around tonight, but it doesn't look about to open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter