Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checked in and got the opt out for mousekeeping. $10 per night minus 1 night. If you stay more than six nights you get a full cleaning on day 5. You can call mousekeeping for any other needs in between. You will get an electronic giftcard sent to your email.

Question- when the rate was $15 per night, you had to pay $15 back for each time you did have housekeeping. With the lower per night credit, and the prescheduled full cleaning, do you get the $10 for every night including the one with the full cleaning? Or is the gift card minus the full cleaning day? Having some full cleaning days makes it similar to how DVC point stays are handled, which I might take advantage of.

If the gift card is electronic, can you just show the email on your device or do you have to find somewhere to print it out?

I might call Disney and see if they can send them to each family. Or, they will arrive about 4 weeks in advance, you would have enough time to send them to each family.

You do scan your magic band for magical express and for your room, but they can look you up for magical express and they can give you generic gray magic bands at the check-in desk.
Thanks for the info. I did call yesterday, and they said it wouldn't be a problem either at check-in or for magical express, they just need to have their ID and the reservation number. But...I would have to mail them their luggage tags.

Does anyone know if they sell distilled water for CPAP machines in Everything Pop? Thanks!

I haven't personally checked this, but I've read several times that every resort has distilled water available. Sometimes it is sold in the gift shop but sometimes you have to ask for it in the gift shop or food court.

Question- when the rate was $15 per night, you had to pay $15 back for each time you did have housekeeping. With the lower per night credit, and the prescheduled full cleaning, do you get the $10 for every night including the one with the full cleaning? Or is the gift card minus the full cleaning day? Having some full cleaning days makes it similar to how DVC point stays are handled, which I might take advantage of.

If the gift card is electronic, can you just show the email on your device or do you have to find somewhere to print it out?

I have a gift card for $70 for an eight night stay. It was emailed to me and there is a barcode, I would assume I can just show the barcode instead of having to print it out.

Does anyone know if they sell distilled water for CPAP machines in Everything Pop? Thanks!
If you don't see it, ask. Sometimes they don't leave it out because it's not a popular item, but I have yet to encounter a Disney resort that does not have distilled water. I use CPAP, and I've gotten it at Pop before.

Any Disers currently at POP want some bottled water?? I check out tomorrow and will have probably 6-10 bottles of water left. Heading to AK will check tonight for replies. Have a magical day.

I am back to following this thread again! Hurricane Irma made me decide to reschedule my solo 50th birthday trip from this weekend to October dates. The good news is I am now back at my favorite resort, POP! I was at Movies for this weekend.

Any Disers currently at POP want some bottled water?? I check out tomorrow and will have probably 6-10 bottles of water left. Heading to AK will check tonight for replies. Have a magical day.
Do you know if you might be able to leave them in a bag with luggage services? I check in tomorrow and would happily accept them as we're flying in yet I also want to stock up on bottled water prior to Irma's arrival. Please let me know if this might work for you?

Thank you!

I haven't personally checked this, but I've read several times that every resort has distilled water available. Sometimes it is sold in the gift shop but sometimes you have to ask for it in the gift shop or food court.

If you don't see it, ask. Sometimes they don't leave it out because it's not a popular item, but I have yet to encounter a Disney resort that does not have distilled water. I use CPAP, and I've gotten it at Pop before.

Thank you! That's what I figured but just wanted to double check! Thanks!

Do you know if you might be able to leave them in a bag with luggage services? I check in tomorrow and would happily accept them as we're flying in yet I also want to stock up on bottled water prior to Irma's arrival. Please let me know if this might work for you?

Thank you!

Absolutely. I think all I have to do is bag them with your name and reservation number. If you message that to me I would be more than happy to leave them for you. Please be safe.

I have a preferred room at Pop 10/28-11/3. Couldn't get 11/3-11/5 when I booked, now there is almost nothing available anyplace. Does anyone have any idea how all the resorts in WDW could be fully booked the first few days of Nov? Is there an event other than food & wine, of course?

I am back to following this thread again! Hurricane Irma made me decide to reschedule my solo 50th birthday trip from this weekend to October dates. The good news is I am now back at my favorite resort, POP! I was at Movies for this weekend.
A solo birthday trip...how cool is that. Do you live near Disney?

I have a preferred room at Pop 10/28-11/3. Couldn't get 11/3-11/5 when I booked, now there is almost nothing available anyplace. Does anyone have any idea how all the resorts in WDW could be fully booked the first few days of Nov? Is there an event other than food & wine, of course?
I don't really have the answer but if there are lots of people out there that book six months or more in advance....like us....it could be there are no rooms. We booked Pop for next February in August. But I would keep checking....sometimes the system is wonky.

A solo birthday trip...how cool is that. Do you live near Disney?

Not at all, I live in St. Louis, Missouri. We went as a family in May of this year but almost a soon as I we got home I started scheming about a solo birth day for just me. I was able to convince DH with the low resort rates and airfare for September. And now since Irma has entered the picture, the trip will be in October, a month after my 50th but that is okay. It is so much better to be safe. The September was going to 5 nights but in order to come out even in October, it is now a 4 night trip.

There is a Run Disney weekend Nov. 3 to the 5th. That fills a lot of rooms.

https://www.rundisney.com/wine-and-dine-half-marathon/

Not at all, I live in St. Louis, Missouri. We went as a family in May of this year but almost a soon as I we got home I started scheming about a solo birth day for just me. I was able to convince DH with the low resort rates and airfare for September. And now since Irma has entered the picture, the trip will be in October, a month after my 50th but that is okay. It is so much better to be safe. The September was going to 5 nights but in order to come out even in October, it is now a 4 night trip.
That is such an awesome idea...to treat yourself to a solo trip! Do you find you do the parks differently, as a solo guest?

DS is leaving from Daytona Beach to WDW today. His friend's parents booked a room at POP. He's never stayed there before. I'm nervous but feel better that he'll be there with people rather than riding out the storm alone in a house. Can someone please tell me about the rooms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter