Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird. I specifically stood and looked for it (including in the "extra options") - it's possible I missed it.

In general, I find far fewer veg options at Disney now that I had 5-6 years ago. Some places - like Casey's - list nothing even modifiable on the menu at all. The rest, its lots of veggie burgers and flatbreads. Cosmic Ray's does have a falafel burger. But most of the interesting and unique options (like the lighthouse sandwich) have slowly disappeared.

Anyways, that's OT to Pop. I did have some tasty pasta at AoA... so there's always that option.

Just checked out of Pop early on Saturday (had been meant to stay until Tuesday). There was always a long line at the front desk at all hours of the desk including at 1am (think I must have waited about 30 minutes at that time) likely due to the hurricane as the front desk was deserted at that time the previous week, but the CMs were amazingly patient and upbeat and cheerful which is simply amazing really.

I had taken up the offer of no housekeeping so had a $70 gift card for an 8 night stay. As I only stayed 5 nights in the end I asked about giving back some of the gift card when I checked out and the CM told me to just keep the whole amount of the gift card given the hurricane/etc messing with everyone's plans, so that was kind of nice.

Fingers crossed for everyone there right now...

For anyone that loved the ice cream at the Pop food court - Sad news. They got rid of all of it. All they have now is chocolate/vanilla soft serve.
That's very sad. I wonder if it's a time thing as I will say the lines often got long at the ice cream counter due to the amount of time it took CM's to prepare their yummy sundaes, ice cream sandwiches, etc.

That's very sad. I wonder if it's a time thing as I will say the lines often got long at the ice cream counter due to the amount of time it took CM's to prepare their yummy sundaes, ice cream sandwiches, etc.

I'm sure that's the reason. There used to be several CM's working that area. Now there are only 2 and it only takes them a few seconds to prepare a soft-serve sundae (for the same price, of course). I always felt like that ice cream station would be too good to last.

Definitely! We have a special needs daughter and when she is with us our plans and schedule are based 100% on her needs, ability and mood. She is usually pretty flexible, as we have worked very hard on that with her, BUT she can sometimes get overwhelmed in the parks and then meltdown....we have to return to the resort when those moments occur. We can't use Disney buses (too crowded and loud for her sometimes) or Disney's Magical Express. On a solo trip I will take full advantage of Disney's transportation including Magical Express. I can stay in the parks for as long as I want! I can skip Expedition Everest (daughter's FAVORITE but makes me motion sick) and watch the Lion King show twice in a row if I want too. For just a few days, it is all about me. Then I go home refreshed and happily resume my duties as a mother, wife, full-time librarian and caregiver.
I hear you....loud and clear...it's a very good break and you can do the parks any which way you want. Good for you!

Very odd question/favor. There is a section of bamboo currently toppled right by bell services; pulled up as if it's sod. Became a matter of interest for my party over the last day and a half. If anyone notices it cleared, would you snap a picture? Taking bets on whether they clear it or shove it back upright;)

I know this has been asked before but I can't find. I want to do online check-in. Will I still need to check in at front desk to opt out of room cleaning for gift card? Is it a good idea to do both?

I know this has been asked before but I can't find. I want to do online check-in. Will I still need to check in at front desk to opt out of room cleaning for gift card? Is it a good idea to do both?

If you want to opt out of mouse keeping you need to check in at the front desk. I did both that way they had my room location request before I arrived.

Sitting at MCO after a wonderful 8 night stay at POP. (Was delayed 2 nights due to Irma and my flights being cancelled 2x.)

From the time I checked in until I left 3 hrs ago, I experienced nothing but kindness and excellent service.

I have lots to say so am going to try to remember it all...

Did online check in and used an old magic band to check in to DME when I arrived at the check in desk.

As I was sitting on the bus waiting to head to POP I received an email letting me know my room was ready! (As a Canadian, this surprised me! Perhaps it was because I used a magic band?)

I stood in line upon arrival to get my new magic band and to request the gift card instead of mousekeeping. It was quite a long line. It was just about 3pm and this was before the Irma panic started.

I was given $50 for my original 6 night stay. I received an info sheet about the program and was told to let mousekeeping know if I needed anything.

I stopped by bell services to inquire about my grocery order and was informed that it had already been delivered to my room.

Even tho I did not get the room I had requested I decided to just go with it.

If I had wanted to change rooms, the fact that my groceries had already been put in my room might have been problematic.

During the days leading up to and during the hurricane, the CMs at POP were phenomenal!

Particularly one lady who I stopped to chat with a few times. Her name was Barbara.
She was so sweet and kind and was going out her way to encourage people who seemed stressed and upset.

I had to extend my stay twice, one night each time my flights were changed. Getting an extension was no issue at all. The only mildly annoying issue was having to stand in an hour long line to do so.

I was grateful to be in a safe and secure place so I am not going to complain.

I was given the "hurricane rate" for both nights which was $78.98.

We were updated as much as possible and kept posted on all things Irma via tv, phone and signage in the main building.

At no time did I feel worried or afraid.

The fact that people from the surrounding areas were checking INTO the resort gave me a certain confidence that I was indeed in a safe place.

I ate quite a few times at Everything POP and everything I ate was great.

As I was not on a dining plan, I chose to eat mostly kids meals both for the lower cost and the smaller portion sizes.

I was able to stay in my original room all 8 nights and it was a very nice 3.5 minute walk to the main building.

Let me know if anybody has any questions. Happy to answer!

I had to just extend my stay by 1 night in November. AKL had no rooms for the extra night so I booked one night at Pop Century. Since I have an early AM flight I opted for the preferred pool view room. Looking forward to checking out Pop Century. Any thoughts on which building? 50, 60s or 70s. Dont care about the refurbished rooms as its only 1 night.

Sitting at MCO after a wonderful 8 night stay at POP. (Was delayed 2 nights due to Irma and my flights being cancelled 2x.)

From the time I checked in until I left 3 hrs ago, I experienced nothing but kindness and excellent service.

I have lots to say so am going to try to remember it all...
TRUNCATED...................
Sounds wonderful!

You might want to share your experience here:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...xperiences-here.3632710/page-50#post-58194254

I had to just extend my stay by 1 night in November. AKL had no rooms for the extra night so I booked one night at Pop Century. Since I have an early AM flight I opted for the preferred pool view room. Looking forward to checking out Pop Century. Any thoughts on which building? 50, 60s or 70s. Dont care about the refurbished rooms as its only 1 night.
I think all the preferred are the same, except for Hippy Dippy Pool View of course, but we've always enjoyed 50s. It feels more "Disney" because of Lady and the Tramp.

All of the preferred pool view rooms are 60's. I hope with your early flight (and presumably early bedtime) you sleep more soundly than I do! :laughing: The pool is loud even into the later evening hours. We head to bed around 9-10 PM and I had a lot of trouble sleeping due to noise from the pool area. Also found lots of noise from people coming back from the parks late at night. We had a room on the first floor, which didn't help! Higher floors might be quieter. The rest of my family didn't seem to find the noise as irritating as I did. My youngest had trouble falling asleep, but luckily, except me, everyone in my family sleeps soundly.

I'm joining the Pop Club!!! Is there such a thing??? :bored::crazy::flower::yay:
There could be...lots of folks love PoP. We stayed at Poly two years ago, and enjoyed it...but the only advantage I saw was taking the boat from there to MK and using the monorail system. But there was nothing special about the resort itself to justify spending all that money. We are heading back to PoP..still our favorite.

I'm joining the Pop Club!!! Is there such a thing??? :bored::crazy::flower::yay:

There could be...lots of folks love PoP. We stayed at Poly two years ago, and enjoyed it...but the only advantage I saw was taking the boat from there to MK and using the monorail system. But there was nothing special about the resort itself to justify spending all that money. We are heading back to PoP..still our favorite.

I'd join the club too! Been at Pop 3 times and the new rooms just seal the deal :)

(Was at Beach Club last year and while it was fantastic, especially the pool and being able to walk to/from Epcot and DHS, I don't really spend enough time at the resort to justify splashing out the extra - and it means I can take the savings by staying at Pop and go do things like California Grill brunch and buy things like Disney Pandora...)

I'm thinking about staying at Pop for the first time during Marathon Weekend in January. I have a question about the beds though. It's just me and DH going. On Pop's website it says the options are 2 double beds or 1 king bed. Is the king bed a request that you need to make and are they pretty good about honoring it? Getting a good night's rest before the race will be important for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter