Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all I'm staying at POP in February and I was wondering if i can do the early check-in . I'm in Canada so I have to pick up my magic bands from the front desk anyways is there any benefit to checking in this early? :)

It gets your information in the system already, and you could go to the "online check-in" line to save some time.

Even those of us in the US don't always get the "go to your room" text and have to stop at the desk sometimes. (And anyone can.)

Hi all I'm staying at POP in February and I was wondering if i can do the early check-in . I'm in Canada so I have to pick up my magic bands from the front desk anyways is there any benefit to checking in this early? :)

You can definitely complete your check in online now, this allows you to put in a room request as well as getting your information ready. When you get to POP you will be able to go to the online check in line and they will have your packet with your magicbands ready. I'm from Canada as well and always do online check in and packet/magicbands are ready when I get there.

You can definitely complete your check in online now, this allows you to put in a room request as well as getting your information ready. When you get to POP you will be able to go to the online check in line and they will have your packet with your magicbands ready. I'm from Canada as well and always do online check in and packet/magicbands are ready when I get there.

I just wanted to add that you don't need to do Online Check In to put in a room request.

Can someone please tell me about the in-room coffee makers at Pop Century? I'd like to bring my favorite coffee with me. Thank you. :)

Sorry if this has been covered multiple times - I did try to look for the info.

How early can we do online check-in? And will our magic bands work when we do? Basically I want to do rope-drop at a park on our first day - is that possible?

Staying at Pop Century for the first time in September. We have only ever stayed at Moderate resorts but I’ve heard good things about Pop and it’s was $900 cheaper. Can anyone give me some info. What building is the best for being near the buses? I called Disney and they recommended the 50’s building bc they said it’s closest to everything. Can anyone offer some insight?

Staying at Pop Century for the first time in September. We have only ever stayed at Moderate resorts but I’ve heard good things about Pop and it’s was $900 cheaper. Can anyone give me some info. What building is the best for being near the buses? I called Disney and they recommended the 50’s building bc they said it’s closest to everything. Can anyone offer some insight?
I think buildings 4 and 5 (both 60s) are the closest. Which room category did you book? If you booked standard, you can request 60s. However, 60s has the smallest number of standard rooms of all the decades as it has both preferred and preferred pool view rooms as well. 50s is close for some buildings but not all. The times I book standard, I make my only request “near transportation” instead of specifying a decade or building. If you’ve booked preferred or preferred pool view, you will be near the buses regardless, so you could make your request for a particular decade or building instead.

Today I asked my daughter if she wanted to stay at Caribbean Beach or Coronado springs because I got the rooms for just about $300 more for 2 weeks than our Pop stay under the summer passholder sale (CBR even less than that actually) She said absolutely not. She said she loves Pop best of all value and moderate resorts and doesn’t want to stay anywhere else. Alrighty then Pop it is. I love Pop too but also really like CS. Sticking with our reservation. Keeping fingers crossed the 5 higher seniority people at work don’t request my weeks this summer (like every dang one did last summer)

I think buildings 4 and 5 (both 60s) are the closest. Which room category did you book? If you booked standard, you can request 60s. However, 60s has the smallest number of standard rooms of all the decades as it has both preferred and preferred pool view rooms as well. 50s is close for some buildings but not all. The times I book standard, I make my only request “near transportation” instead of specifying a decade or building. If you’ve booked preferred or preferred pool view, you will be near the buses regardless, so you could make your request for a particular decade or building instead.

I book pool view standard. Preferred wasn’t an option. I guess it was sold out. He said he would put down for me to be in 50s building, one of the side building closest to transportation so hopefully it’s not too far. My husband walks very slow and me and the kids walk very fast lol

Today I asked my daughter if she wanted to stay at Caribbean Beach or Coronado springs because I got the rooms for just about $300 more for 2 weeks than our Pop stay under the summer passholder sale (CBR even less than that actually) She said absolutely not. She said she loves Pop best of all value and moderate resorts and doesn’t want to stay anywhere else. Alrighty then Pop it is. I love Pop too but also really like CS. Sticking with our reservation. Keeping fingers crossed the 5 higher seniority people at work don’t request my weeks this summer (like every dang one did last summer)

Good luck with your time off! Glad to hear this positivity about Pop Century bc I was a little worried. We love Caribbean Beach. We were actually going to stay at Animal Kingdom with renting DVC points for only $200 more than Pop but then Disney announced the free dining so we figured we would hop on that. Saving $200 on the room plus we don’t have to really spend any money on food. That will more than cover our tickets for Universal Halloween horror Nights

Good luck with your time off! Glad to hear this positivity about Pop Century bc I was a little worried. We love Caribbean Beach. We were actually going to stay at Animal Kingdom with renting DVC points for only $200 more than Pop but then Disney announced the free dining so we figured we would hop on that. Saving $200 on the room plus we don’t have to really spend any money on food. That will more than cover our tickets for Universal Halloween horror Nights

We have really only had positive experiences at Pop. We both also really like the remodeled rooms too. I do have to make sure my daughter (teen) has a tub room and we prefer rooms overlooking the lake but we have never been in a bad Pop location. (If that even exists). Oh and she loves that play-dough (as I call it) - the tie die cheesecake. The only bummer is how far away the pop bus stops are at most parks. It seems like such a hike after a long park day. But in all we really love it there.

I book pool view standard. Preferred wasn’t an option. I guess it was sold out. He said he would put down for me to be in 50s building, one of the side building closest to transportation so hopefully it’s not too far. My husband walks very slow and me and the kids walk very fast lol

Just be aware that "putting you down for" a building just meant he put in a request. There is no guarantee that you'll get it.

Just be aware that "putting you down for" a building just meant he put in a request. There is no guarantee that you'll get it.

Oh I know lol. But fingers crossed, I’ve always had my request honored. Once at Caribbean Beach, they tried to “upgrade” me to a pirate room but I wasn’t having any of that. Too far away haha

We have really only had positive experiences at Pop. We both also really like the remodeled rooms too. I do have to make sure my daughter (teen) has a tub room and we prefer rooms overlooking the lake but we have never been in a bad Pop location. (If that even exists). Oh and she loves that play-dough (as I call it) - the tie die cheesecake. The only bummer is how far away the pop bus stops are at most parks. It seems like such a hike after a long park day. But in all we really love it there.[/QUOTE

Any idea when the gondola is going to be up and running? I heard summer then fall. We are going end of September and I’m hoping it ready. Maybe it will work out better than the buses.

The rain shower option is pretty cool but I didn’t feel like it gave as much pressure as the normal shower head so I only used it at the end of my shower

I actually didn't notice much difference in pressure between the two. I went in thinking I'd never use the rain shower, then wound up using it for pretty much my whole shower aside from rinsing down the walls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter