Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually arrive around the same time and it’s completely hit or miss. Some trips I turn my phone on when we land and I receive a text from Pop that our room is ready or they’re expecting me but working on a room number. Some times, I don’t receive any text and need to go to the front desk. If you don’t have a building preference but your only request is a room available when you arrive, I’d say you have a good chance of getting one.

I originally had 50’s building 1 or 3 chosen however we were arriving at 6:45 pm then. Because of the whole Boeing situation we decided to switch our flights and due to such an early arrival I removed section/building request and made room ready early as my only request, we booked preferred so not matter which section we will be fine. Being in from Canada I never get the texts anyways and always have to go to the front desk to pick up our MBs anyways so after reading your answer and a couple others I’m having higher hopes but not expecting it since it is just a request. If we don’t my husband will just have to sit by the pool while I go to Epcot, lol.

Do you normally have trouble using your cc at Disney? While I have not used my Canadian cc for laundry, I’ve never had troubles using it elsewhere so I’d think it would work with laundry too. Did you read something that says it must be a US CC?

I don't recall if I actually read that, but I've encountered a few hurdles trying to pay for things while planning my trip so far. For eg, I couldn't get my tickets from Undercover Tourist because they didn't support CCs from my country (Singapore).

Come to think of it though, I've always used my CC for other on-site Disney purchases and payments (eg restaurants, souvenirs). Hopefully this means my card would work in the laundry room! I'm really hoping to pack light this time.

I don't recall if I actually read that, but I've encountered a few hurdles trying to pay for things while planning my trip so far. For eg, I couldn't get my tickets from Undercover Tourist because they didn't support CCs from my country (Singapore).

Come to think of it though, I've always used my CC for other on-site Disney purchases and payments (eg restaurants, souvenirs). Hopefully this means my card would work in the laundry room! I'm really hoping to pack light this time.

I believe you can purchase a card at the front desk to use at laundry area if yours doesn’t work. I am not 100% positive on this but I believe I read that somewhere.

Hopefully this means my card would work in the laundry room!
If you have problems using your CC in the Laundry go to the Front Desk.

Last July when we were there,some of The 15s were having problems using their CCs(we actually used our CC to pay for some machines for some 15s who were having problems one night when we were doing Laundry:))and they would go to the Front Desk and obtain a "card" there that would work.:)

Has anyone stayed at POP for the May Cheer Summit competitions? Is it even possible to get on a bus to ESPN? I got a great rate and love the idea of not having to uber to ESPN, but wondering if we can even take advantage of the bus to ESPN and the parks.
For The Summit,Pop Century is not a "Host" Resort.

For D2 Summit,Pop Century is a "Host" Resort so there will be "private" buses transferring the eligible Athletes back and forth to ESPN WWoS.

For Guests not eligible to ride the "private" buses,there is a bus that picks up at the Bus Depot at POP every half-hour that goes from POP to CBR to ESPN WWoS and back to POP.:)

You may wish to attach your cc to your file at the front desk and use your MagicBand for purchases. This may alleviate some of the challenges of making individual purchases with an International cc.

You may wish to attach your cc to your file at the front desk and use your MagicBand for purchases. This may alleviate some of the challenges of making individual purchases with an International cc.
*This*
When you attach your cc to your Magic Band they basically bill everything back to your resort bill and then it all gets charged back as your resort stay purchases rather than individual purchases at various locations.
The only downside is getting a massive summary of all the stuff you spent "extra" money when you get your resort receipt.

*This*
When you attach your cc to your Magic Band they basically bill everything back to your resort bill and then it all gets charged back as your resort stay purchases rather than individual purchases at various locations.
The only downside is getting a massive summary of all the stuff you spent "extra" money when you get your resort receipt.

LOL, yes! I'm always shocked at the end of the trip at just how many little purchases here and there that we actually make! They add up. I do like the option to follow our purchase on the app now as I find it helps to curtail our spending a little. I also use grocery points to purchase Disney gift cards over the months that we're preparing for our trip. Those are a great help with souvenirs, treats, etc.

My next trip I may be doing carry-on only, and will want to leave it with bell services on my last day when I go to the park. How long does it usually take at Pop for them to retrieve your stuff? I'll be meeting DME, so I want to make sure I leave enough time for them to find my bag and bring it out. Anyone ever have any issues?

Back at Pop! in June for 11 nights. We tend to do long vacations to DW so Pop! is great for the length of stay and price. Had a great top floor room overlooking the bowling pin pool last year and def gonna request the same again
This is where we requested as well. We have a pool view, non-prefered booked.

My next trip I may be doing carry-on only, and will want to leave it with bell services on my last day when I go to the park. How long does it usually take at Pop for them to retrieve your stuff? I'll be meeting DME, so I want to make sure I leave enough time for them to find my bag and bring it out. Anyone ever have any issues?

It generally doesn't take them long to get your stuff, it's waiting in the line that can take awhile and there's no way of knowing when there will be a line. I think it's more busy in the morning, but I've dropped stuff before catching a bus for rope drop without a long wait. When I got there and wanted to store my bags since my room wasn't ready there was a decent line and this was around 930am probably. I normally give myself an hour at the resort before my DME time but I'm also adding in time to change clothes and rearrange my carryon with my park bag stuff. I'd give yourself 30-45 minutes at Pop just to make sure you have enough time to get your bag and anything else you need to do rather than stress about the timing of it all.

All this to say that often the bag line is dependent on when the last DME bus arrived, especially if it's too early for people to get into their rooms.

It generally doesn't take them long to get your stuff, it's waiting in the line that can take awhile and there's no way of knowing when there will be a line. I think it's more busy in the morning, but I've dropped stuff before catching a bus for rope drop without a long wait. When I got there and wanted to store my bags since my room wasn't ready there was a decent line and this was around 930am probably. I normally give myself an hour at the resort before my DME time but I'm also adding in time to change clothes and rearrange my carryon with my park bag stuff. I'd give yourself 30-45 minutes at Pop just to make sure you have enough time to get your bag and anything else you need to do rather than stress about the timing of it all.

All this to say that often the bag line is dependent on when the last DME bus arrived, especially if it's too early for people to get into their rooms.

Sounds good; I usually get on DME early, so I'll give myself an extra extra 30 min. lol

What time does everyone suggest to be at the bus stop to rope drop the parks?

Also, does anyone have a picture of the current resort program schedule?

Thanks in advance.

Just a random shout out to Pop Century Resort and the reasons we love it:
The best value resort for your $ in DW imo.

Dedicated buses w no resort sharing.

Even the farthest walk from a room at pop century is simply not that far imo

Great themes in the lobby/general areas as well as building facades.

The rooms meet every requirement we have for a basic living.

We always stay at Pop and use the extra $ for extras ( this year we are doing 2 DAH events, 2 EMM, 2 fireworks shows and almost every buffet/character dining out there)

Just showing some Pop! Love

We've done Pop a lot, and have never waited more than a few minutes (3-5) as we stand and wait. The DME pick-up is right by bell services.

Now we have waited for ~20 mins or so to have bell services come pick up our bags in our room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter