Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a random shout out to Pop Century Resort and the reasons we love it:
The best value resort for your $ in DW imo.

Dedicated buses w no resort sharing.

Even the farthest walk from a room at pop century is simply not that far imo

Great themes in the lobby/general areas as well as building facades.

The rooms meet every requirement we have for a basic living.

We always stay at Pop and use the extra $ for extras ( this year we are doing 2 DAH events, 2 EMM, 2 fireworks shows and almost every buffet/character dining out there)

Just showing some Pop! Love

Totally agree! Pop has been our “usual” resort since it opened, and I love it. We just returned from an 8 night stay, and there is SO much storage space now after the renovations. We didn’t even use it all (just two of us). The food court has taken a turn for the worse over the years, but overall Pop has everything we need and enjoy.

I just looked and the exact same reservation I made several months ago (Pop standard with 8 day PH tickets) is now $325 more for the same dates! :scared1:

I really, really hope our dates work for us and we don’t have to change the reservation. That is crazy!

I just looked and the exact same reservation I made several months ago (Pop standard with 8 day PH tickets) is now $325 more for the same dates! :scared1:
I really, really hope our dates work for us and we don’t have to change the reservation. That is crazy!
I checked our December trip. 4 of us with 6 day hoppers. That package is now $409 more! I booked it as a bounce back with free dining and then upgraded to DDP so if I added the cost of the dining it was about $1500 or so more. Yay for free dining!

I checked our December trip. 4 of us with 6 day hoppers. That package is now $409 more! I booked it as a bounce back with free dining and then upgraded to DDP so if I added the cost of the dining it was about $1500 or so more. Yay for free dining!

I am hoping for a discount to be released!

I never received a bounce back offer after our November trip, but I had officially retired from Disney after that trip :rotfl:, so I probably wouldn’t have booked anything anyway.

I am hoping for a discount to be released!

I never received a bounce back offer after our November trip, but I had officially retired from Disney after that trip :rotfl:, so I probably wouldn’t have booked anything anyway.
The bounce back was only offered from August/Sept-early Oct 2018, I believe. I would be nervous about hoping for a new discount to be offered. With SWGE I'm not sure they are counting on needing to offer anything to get people in the parks...but this is totally speculation on my part.

Hi all - we are going to be checking into Pop on Tuesday April 9th from a Disney Springs hotel.

We will be spending the day at MK and have an 8:45am PPO reservation at BOG (I know that will allow us into the park any time after 7:45am - we’d like to be walking through the tapstiles at about 8:00 or 8:15am.)

We are thinking our best bet is to check in online, but still go to Pop to park our car and then use a bus to get to MK vs parking at the TTC, taking the monorail or ferry etc.

1. Do you all agree this is the best plan?

2. What time would you all suggest we arrive at Pop in order to get on a bus that would get us through the tapstiles at 8:00- 8:15ish?

Thanks!

The bounce back was only offered from August/Sept-early Oct 2018, I believe. I would be nervous about hoping for a new discount to be offered. With SWGE I'm not sure they are counting on needing to offer anything to get people in the parks...but this is totally speculation on my part.
If we’re talking a new bounceback offer starting in Aug 2019, I anticipate we will see a new offer and I’ll even go so far as say I anticipate it will be a Free Dining offer for 2020. (Dreaming big!!)

Last year’s FD BB offer was offered for guests to book on the following dates:

May 28 - Jun 4
Jun 28 - Sep 7
Dec 6 - Dec 24

Since they knew when they published the BB that SWGE would be open during at least some of these dates, I think that bodes well for a bb to be offered and hopefully it’s a FD BB.

Also, since rooms are still available this fall I’m hoping we see some sort of an offer come out although it’s hard to tell since fall dates were already offered earlier this year when the General Public FD was dropped Jan 2. Time will tell

Hi all - we are going to be checking into Pop on Tuesday April 9th from a Disney Springs hotel.

We will be spending the day at MK and have an 8:45am PPO reservation at BOG (I know that will allow us into the park any time after 7:45am - we’d like to be walking through the tapstiles at about 8:00 or 8:15am.)

We are thinking our best bet is to check in online, but still go to Pop to park our car and then use a bus to get to MK vs parking at the TTC, taking the monorail or ferry etc.

1. Do you all agree this is the best plan?

2. What time would you all suggest we arrive at Pop in order to get on a bus that would get us through the tapstiles at 8:00- 8:15ish?

Thanks!
Personally, I would be lined up for the bus no later than 7am.

I guess I’m confused then why they offered free dining this year right in the middle of SWGE opening.

It won’t be long before we are just priced out at this rate, especially if they don’t offer any discounts.

I guess I’m confused then why they offered free dining this year right in the middle of SWGE opening.

It won’t be long before we are just priced out at this rate, especially if they don’t offer any discounts.

I don't believe they intended to. Galaxy's Edge is ready much earlier than anticipated and/or they simply realized they didn't want to try to open the land during one of the busiest times of the year at WDW (late fall).

FINALLY snagged a reservation at Pop for the entire first part of our Disney stay (Aug 8 to Aug 17). And just in the nick of time before the Sun and Fun deal expired.

I have a quick question about laundry; if I don't have an American credit card, how would I go about it? Can I purchase credits from the front desk or something?
When we stayed at CBR last year, I used my Canadian credit card for laundry. You just get dinged with the exchange rate and that extra 2 or 3%. No US credit card needed.

I don't believe they intended to. Galaxy's Edge is ready much earlier than anticipated and/or they simply realized they didn't want to try to open the land during one of the busiest times of the year at WDW (late fall).
^ This. I don't think they anticipated SWGE being open when they offered the BB FD offer last fall. I fully expected SWGE to open late fall like they originally indicated. I think they offered the FD because resort bookings were way down and they needed to improve their bottom line. I cannot imagine how the entire SWGE would've opened that close to Christmas, though. I suppose it's a good thing they are opening it in phases!

^ This. I don't think they anticipated SWGE being open when they offered the BB FD offer last fall. I fully expected SWGE to open late fall like they originally indicated. I think they offered the FD because resort bookings were way down and they needed to improve their bottom line. I cannot imagine how the entire SWGE would've opened that close to Christmas, though. I suppose it's a good thing they are opening it in phases!
Bur this does not explain why they FD BB was offered Dec 6-24. They had to know SWGE would be open by then.

Some prices have increased but not at the same rate as others have experienced. I just repriced my 8 night September trip with 7 day PH tickets and it has only increased by $76. I’m pretty sure most/all that is the increase in ticket prices.

Bur this does not explain why they FD BB was offered Dec 6-24. They had to know SWGE would be open by then.

I can't speak to the other posters, but I guess I was thinking more of the regular FD offer that came out in January for the summer into September. I have no idea what was going on with the bounceback offers last year (for 2019) as they related to SE:GE and the potential opening date.

Just realized that my trip in early May will be during the D2 Summit Cheerleading Championship.

Can anyone speak to past experiences at Pop when cheer groups are there? There’s a lot of mixed things on these forums.

Did online checkin today. Wanting a ground floor room and that is not an option. There is one for highest floor. Left it blank. I had sent a fax request earlier in the week

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter