Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we are checking in to POP tonight. I know that they were going to put a $100 charge on my credit card for incidentals, correct? Do they take that off at a certain point because we pay with gift cards....
My understanding is that they will put a $100 hold on your card but as you make further charges, the amount of the hold will go up. Eg. They initially put $100 on. You spend $50. The hold is now for $150.

When you go to guest services and apply gift cards against your charges, the total will go down to either $100 hold if you've paid off all your charges or, $100 + any outstanding charges.

On day 5 of your stay, the full outstanding balance will be charged to your cc. A $100 hold will remain.

Is this how others understand it to work?

My understanding is that they will put a $100 hold on your card but as you make further charges, the amount of the hold will go up. Eg. They initially put $100 on. You spend $50. The hold is now for $150.

When you go to guest services and apply gift cards against your charges, the total will go down to either $100 hold if you've paid off all your charges or, $100 + any outstanding charges.

On day 5 of your stay, the full outstanding balance will be charged to your cc. A $100 hold will remain.

Is this how others understand it to work?

Actually, I think the hold doesn't go up until you go over $100. So in your scenario, nothing would change. But if you spent $100 (or $101?) then they would add another $100 hold.

Thanks to both of you!!! I appreciate it! will just have to remember to keep stopping at the front desk to apply gift cards...Somehow, I think that is going to be a big pain in the behind!

Thanks to both of you!!! I appreciate it! will just have to remember to keep stopping at the front desk to apply gift cards...Somehow, I think that is going to be a big pain in the behind!
It is a bit of a hassle, especially since our Disney Gift Cards from Canada don't scan (at least they didn't in either Aug or Dec so CM had to hand key each one) but, if I remember correctly, once I had charged a bit to my MB, I was able to put a credit to my room by adding more gift cards than the expenditures I had made. I knew we'd be spending more so just added extra. Has anyone been able to do this or was it just my imagination?

It is a bit of a hassle, especially since our Disney Gift Cards from Canada don't scan (at least they didn't in either Aug or Dec so CM had to hand key each one) but, if I remember correctly, once I had charged a bit to my MB, I was able to put a credit to my room by adding more gift cards than the expenditures I had made. I knew we'd be spending more so just added extra. Has anyone been able to do this or was it just my imagination?

I have not been able to have a credit with my gcs. I just go to the desk every couple of days super early when there is no line. It doesn’t take that long to do and it is so worth it— especially if you’ve gotten a discount or other reward with your gcs.

This is why we just dont put a cc on our account. I pay our resort balance with gift cards and pay for meals and such with them as well. It isnt a big deal for me to bring one disney gift card with us to the parks to pay for stuff.

Planning to be at Pop for Marathon Weekend 2020 and just read that the Hippy Pool and bar will be closed for refurbishment. Does that mean that the resort will look like a full construction zone? If so, do we know the exact date? The tables and chairs from the food court typically give on that side of the resort.

I am wondering if I should reconsider my choice and go to CBR (70$ more per night, time six nights, time two rooms, 840$ extra, ouch).

ETA: If we really want to soak in a pool, I might just add the Plus to the Park Hopper option.

I just booked a couple of rooms for my parents and brothers during Marathon weekend. The CM said the Hippy Dippy will close on January 13 until April.

I was surprised he gave an exact date.

I just booked a couple of rooms for my parents and brothers during Marathon weekend. The CM said the Hippy Dippy will close on January 13 until April.

I was surprised he gave an exact date.
I sure like that date... Hope he is right...

Runners love to float post-race... I do! After stretching, shower and proper meal of course.

This will be our first time at Pop and I’m wondering if the a/c has changed. Is it still on a sensor? I tried searching POP air conditioning but could only find an older thread with an eventual link how to bypass the thermostat. Is this still accurate? I like to sleep with fans on and will quite possibly bake without air movement. :crazy2:

Sunday can’t come soon enough. My DH has decided to join me at MK on Monday and I had to try adding him to everything. I was able to add him to my CP breakfast and BOG lunch with no problems as well as my HM FP however I am not able to add him to my 7DMT and BTM FP. He just had to let me know 3 days before. Oh well his fault, he just may not ride his favourite rides. That will teach him.

I’m just hoping that my request for our room being ready early is completed or the poor guy will be sitting by the pool by himself all day as this girl will be heading to EPCOT to get her Pluto AP magnet and some frushi.

This will be our first time at Pop and I’m wondering if the a/c has changed. Is it still on a sensor? I tried searching POP air conditioning but could only find an older thread with an eventual link how to bypass the thermostat. Is this still accurate? I like to sleep with fans on and will quite possibly bake without air movement. :crazy2:
Weve visited 3x since the refurb and never had any problems with the AC not keeping the rooms cool while we’re there or out. We also like it cool and it’s always been comfortable for us.

Weve visited 3x since the refurb and never had any problems with the AC not keeping the rooms cool while we’re there or out. We also like it cool and it’s always been comfortable for us.
Thank you! I’m hoping we can set the fan to run continuously at night, even for the white noise and air circulation. I sound rather like a sleep diva- cannot fall asleep when I’m hot or in complete silence. I shall bring my portable USB fan just in case.

Thank you! I’m hoping we can set the fan to run continuously at night, even for the white noise and air circulation. I sound rather like a sleep diva- cannot fall asleep when I’m hot or in complete silence. I shall bring my portable USB fan just in case.
There is not a fan that you can set to run all night. Others have reported success using white noise apps on their phones. Possibly you can find something like that to assist you?

I have requested a box fan at Pop and other Disney resorts and they’ve always brought one for me. I’m sure there is a limit to the supply, but it is worth asking if you’d like a fan. I also have a white noise app, but really like the air movement, too.

You can request one at POP but there is no guarantee one will be available. Just to be sure, I always add one to my grocery order and then leave in the laundry room for an arriving guest. Using a white noise app just isn't enough for me, I need the circulating air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter