Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what is the recommended method of choice for room requests? Via online checkin? Touring Plans? I have a specific building and floor I'd like to be on.

I'd probably call for that. Online check in doesn't let you get that specific.

First time staying in POP soon and also trying to figure out what area to pick for room if available... It'll just be myself and my brother. Aren't into pools, but want to be close to skyliner/buses etc. I have a preferred room and asked to be in the 60's section. I was looking at Touring Plan and they suggested a bunch of rooms in the 4200's. Wasn't sure if anyone has any advice on those?

Many people use a combination of calling plus Touring Plans. Ensure your requests don’t contradict one another.

just a reminder to all that these are only requests which Disney will do their best to honour but there is no guarantee.

I'd probably call for that. Online check in doesn't let you get that specific.
I have had really good success with Touring Plans.
Many people use a combination of calling plus Touring Plans. Ensure your requests don’t contradict one another.

just a reminder to all that these are only requests which Disney will do their best to honour but there is no guarantee.
Thanks!

When you say to call, is that directly to the resort or to the general reservations number?

So what is the recommended method of choice for room requests? Via online checkin? Touring Plans? I have a specific building and floor I'd like to be on.
I do both. I get my requests about 50% of the time. The other times I get the opposite of what I want. Lol. I also request a specific floor and building.

If anyone is there currently and could post about resort Halloween activities today that would be super helpful for planning. TIA!

Apologies - I did see your post but didn't know what activities were going on, and only just saw the signboard about Halloween activities in the lobby late in the evening today. Hope you still managed to get in some Halloween activities!

Thanks. That's what I thought and wanted to make sure before I put in my request.

I had almost the same query last week or a couple of weeks ago when I put in my request! As wasn't sure if the 60s still had standard rooms with the Skyliner. I'm sure it's only going to be a matter of time until this changes though, the Skyliner has really revolutionised my experience at Pop now that it only takes 10 minutes to get to DHS and 20 minutes to get to Epcot!

(For DHS - that 10 minutes on the Skyliner is even faster than the walk from the Boardwalk/Epcot area resorts to DHS!)

I used Touring Plans for my current stay and got a room a few doors down from the room I wanted, so it seemed to have worked really well. I also did online check in and made sure not to put in any contradictory requests with that.

In 16 days we will be checking into Pop!!! :flower1:

This will be our 4th WDW trip and 2nd stay at Pop (stayed there on our first trip January 2017).

We are getting really excited!!!

(Interesting tidbit...Pop was the only time we got our location request and all I did was put it on the online checkin request. When we stayed at POR, I used TP fax and called and got the complete opposite of what we wanted. At ASMu, I called and didn’t get our request. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I’m sticking with online check in again to see if it works!)

Since there is a lot of discussion right now about room location, just a reminder that if you receive you room notification and it’s not in an area you’d prefer, you may go to the desk and request to be moved. They will do their best to honour that request either that day or the following day. You will often need to wait longer for your room to be ready but it’s an option if you want to ask.

Since there is a lot of discussion right now about room location, just a reminder that if you receive you room notification and it’s not in an area you’d prefer, you may go to the desk and request to be moved. They will do their best to honour that request either that day or the following day. You will often need to wait longer for your room to be ready but it’s an option if you want to ask.

We did that at POR and it was no problem to switch us immediately (then why didn’t they just give it to us to begin with?!)

At ASMu, we had just accepted our fate, but they assigned us a room that was already occupied! (Thankfully no one was in there when we barged in!), so we had to switch rooms anyway and asked for our request, and we got the perfect room (again, if it was available, why not give it to us in the first place?!)

We did that at POR and it was no problem to switch us immediately (then why didn’t they just give it to us to begin with?!)

At ASMu, we had just accepted our fate, but they assigned us a room that was already occupied! (Thankfully no one was in there when we barged in!), so we had to switch rooms anyway and asked for our request, and we got the perfect room (again, if it was available, why not give it to us in the first place?!)

Those other rooms may have been assigned to someone else who had similar room requests, so when they moved you, they got bumped into other rooms.

I am a little confused by the numbering people discuss (building 10, etc) which doesn't seem to correspond to the numbering on the map. Could someone explain how the areas are numbered in relation to the section? I have requested online the 70s section lakeview. I also would like top floor and would love the 60s section but figured that gets the most requests so thought I have a better chance at 70s. I am thinking about calling too to add an additional request with top floor and building number. I have a standard room booked.

I am a little confused by the numbering people discuss (building 10, etc) which doesn't seem to correspond to the numbering on the map. Could someone explain how the areas are numbered in relation to the section? I have requested online the 70s section lakeview. I also would like top floor and would love the 60s section but figured that gets the most requests so thought I have a better chance at 70s. I am thinking about calling too to add an additional request with top floor and building number. I have a standard room booked.
You’ll want to request building 6 in the 70’s for lake view.

The other 70’s building is building zero to me. That’s what I call it anyways. Maybe technically it’s building 10. Just look at the first digit of the room numbers in each building on the map for clarification.

In 16 days we will be checking into Pop!!! :flower1:

This will be our 4th WDW trip and 2nd stay at Pop (stayed there on our first trip January 2017).

We are getting really excited!!!

(Interesting tidbit...Pop was the only time we got our location request and all I did was put it on the online checkin request. When we stayed at POR, I used TP fax and called and got the complete opposite of what we wanted. At ASMu, I called and didn’t get our request. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I’m sticking with online check in again to see if it works!)
I hope you have better luck than I did. We arrived at Pop on Saturday and I did online check in. None of the requests were fulfilled. It wasn’t a huge deal, but not even one. 😂

After years of visiting Pop the layout of the buildings finally became clear a couple of years ago when I was involved with tracking the room refurbishment project.

The easiest way I found to think of how the buildings are numbered is to consider it from entering the driveway and facing Classic Hall.

From there you go counterclockwise. Building 1 is to the right of Classic Hall. Go around counter clockwise ending with building 10 (Room numbers start with zero) which is the building to the left of Classic Hall.

50's
Buildings 1, 2 and 3

60's
Building's 4 and 5

70's
Buildings 6 and 10

80's
Buildings 7 and 9

90's
Building 8

After years of visiting Pop the layout of the buildings finally became clear a couple of years ago when I was involved with tracking the room refurbishment project.

The easiest way I found to think of how the buildings are numbered is to consider it from entering the driveway and facing Classic Hall.

From there you go counterclockwise. Building 1 is to the right of Classic Hall. Go around counter clockwise ending with building 10 (Room numbers start with zero) which is the building to the left of Classic Hall.

50's
Buildings 1, 2 and 3

60's
Building's 4 and 5

70's
Buildings 6 and 10

80's
Buildings 7 and 9

90's
Building 8

View attachment 449356
What a wonderful explanation! Thank you so much. It is clear now.

@sky13 I am actually planning for a future trip so if you remember what they did yesterday that's still helpful. Particularly interested in character meets, trick or treating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter