Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
No its standard pool view that was all that was available in September can't be in October as I am going on a 7 day cruise around Greece with my sister
Hmmm, we have preferred pool rooms for next September and I was curious so I just checked the website for your dates and it shows availability if you’re interested. Unless you really wanted a pool view I think I would change to a preferred room to be close to everything. They are a little more than your standard pool but less than preferred pool and you would be closer.

Last edited:
No its standard pool view that was all that was available in September can't be in October as I am going on a 7 day cruise around Greece with my sister
Here is a map that shows where your rooms will be located at the resort. They are not the closest to Classic Hall or the buses if this is important to you. Depending on which Pool View room you are assigned they may be fairly close to the Skyliner or, further away. Pool View rooms are indicated with the green lines.454711

There is never a guarantee that connecting rooms will be granted nor do we know the priority they place on how connecting rooms are assigned. I would rather people go in with realistic expectations that the rooms may not be connecting than anticipating connecting rooms and this not be the case. @Kaytieelder was quite correct with her response.
For your information we were told that by Pop Century’s General Manager himself last year when we happened upon him at check in.

For your information we were told that by Pop Century’s General Manager himself last year when we happened upon him at check in.
And this is the first time you've shared that tidbit of information with us. Until then you had not justification to your answer which is why many of us were alerting guests that there is NEVER a guarantee for connecting rooms. I know too many people who have requested and not received connecting rooms to tell people not to be concerned about this. It can be a very bad start to a great vacation when families arrive and their rooms are not connected. It's happened and I know people who it has happened to. Because of this I don't perpetuate the 'you will be assigned connecting rooms' talk.

Last edited:

I'm sure they do try to get connecting rooms for families, but they are also clear; they cannot guarantee that, and families going to Disney need to realize that possibility so that they can prepare for it. We've had connecting rooms, adjoining rooms, rooms on different floors and rooms in different buildings after requesting connecting rooms throughout the years.

I'm so excited to pop back into this thread (pun not intended but it works LOL). Oh my, I have a lot to catch up on. I stopped following after our trip in Feb. I started following along in 2016 when I booked a trip for myself and my MIL for 2017. We then managed to snag an upgrade to POFQ, so I took it as I knew she would love it. Hubby and I went in Feb this year on a UK Free Dining pkg and the pkg deal was better on POFQ (and he wanted to try it) so we went back there again. But the whole time I still followed this thread as something about Pop has always called to me, and I really liked the camaraderie of the regulars on the thread. I really enjoyed being a part of it, and even though I hadn't been and had no current plans, I stuck around. But after I got back from our last trip I kind of faded out of the forums for a bit. I wasn't feeling well for a while, and while Disney is my favourite place in the world I had kind of burned out of the forums and YouTube channels and stuff.

But have slowly been getting back in. Then we just got an unexpected payout, and hubby suggested I book a solo trip for myself for next November! So I found a reasonable deal, and have booked a 6 night stay at Pop finally!

So now I'm back, and will be diving back in. I'll probably go back a few pages and pick up a bit. I'm excited about being back during the Christmas season, and may bring along some battery operated Christmas lights (I'm the one who suggested those last year when people were concerned about where the plugs were in relation to the windows).

It will be my first solo trip to the parks, though I spent a fair bit of solo time in Feb while hubby was going to bed early for the Princess races. He loves it too, so it means a lot that he's behind this solo trip. Though he's sure to get his own the following year or two. We have 5 whippets, so dog-sitting can get pretty costly, plus one of them is pretty elderly.

So that's me, I'm back, and hopefully not too much has changed, or what has is for the better (like the Skyliner - I have to find the posts about that).

Wendy

I'm so excited to pop back into this thread (pun not intended but it works LOL). Oh my, I have a lot to catch up on. I stopped following after our trip in Feb. I started following along in 2016 when I booked a trip for myself and my MIL for 2017. We then managed to snag an upgrade to POFQ, so I took it as I knew she would love it. Hubby and I went in Feb this year on a UK Free Dining pkg and the pkg deal was better on POFQ (and he wanted to try it) so we went back there again. But the whole time I still followed this thread as something about Pop has always called to me, and I really liked the camaraderie of the regulars on the thread. I really enjoyed being a part of it, and even though I hadn't been and had no current plans, I stuck around. But after I got back from our last trip I kind of faded out of the forums for a bit. I wasn't feeling well for a while, and while Disney is my favourite place in the world I had kind of burned out of the forums and YouTube channels and stuff.

But have slowly been getting back in. Then we just got an unexpected payout, and hubby suggested I book a solo trip for myself for next November! So I found a reasonable deal, and have booked a 6 night stay at Pop finally!

So now I'm back, and will be diving back in. I'll probably go back a few pages and pick up a bit. I'm excited about being back during the Christmas season, and may bring along some battery operated Christmas lights (I'm the one who suggested those last year when people were concerned about where the plugs were in relation to the windows).

It will be my first solo trip to the parks, though I spent a fair bit of solo time in Feb while hubby was going to bed early for the Princess races. He loves it too, so it means a lot that he's behind this solo trip. Though he's sure to get his own the following year or two. We have 5 whippets, so dog-sitting can get pretty costly, plus one of them is pretty elderly.

So that's me, I'm back, and hopefully not too much has changed, or what has is for the better (like the Skyliner - I have to find the posts about that).

Wendy
I’ve never done a solo trip but in September I went with my sister. It was my 18th trip and her 1st. It was also the first time I had ever gone without my husband. It was a totally different trip! 😁 Have fun planning your trip!

Heading back home in February for Presidents' Day weekend. It's DD's 22nd on the 16th. We went last year, and she got to meet Paige O'Hara! Hoping she is there again at Festival of the Arts. I swore I'd never go back on that weekend again, and here I am . . . "Presidents' Day Weekend?? Sure!! I'd love to!" We stayed off site last year for the first time. Never again as I sat in 30-45 minute traffic at AK while the Disney buses zipped on by! Anywho - - - can't WAIT to be at Pop again!!

Has anyone noticed changes in bus service to DHS and/or Epcot? Smaller buses, less frequent buses?

I was thinking that since the Epcot bus basically goes to Future World and the Skyliner to World Showcase, the Epcot bus might be less affected than the DHS bus that goes to the same place the Skyliner goes; just wondering if that’s true or if there’s been any impact at all.

I did see a post on another thread from someone catching the MK bus from Pop reporting that the electronic bus board said “take Skyliner” for both DHS and Epcot instead of giving a time for the next bus.

Has anyone noticed changes in bus service to DHS and/or Epcot? Smaller buses, less frequent buses?

I was thinking that since the Epcot bus basically goes to Future World and the Skyliner to World Showcase, the Epcot bus might be less affected than the DHS bus that goes to the same place the Skyliner goes; just wondering if that’s true or if there’s been any impact at all.

I did see a post on another thread from someone catching the MK bus from Pop reporting that the electronic bus board said “take Skyliner” for both DHS and Epcot instead of giving a time for the next bus.

I’ll try to check it out tomorrow. We have only used the bus for MK since we got here Sunday and it was early in the morning.

Skyliner running at 6:30am this week. So much better than the bus. I’m glad I stopped being worried. This has been the highlight of the trip.

I am so glad they are starting the skyliner earlier. For my trip, it started at 8 every morning, and the bus line at 7 am Sunday morning for DHS was the longest bus line I had ever seen. It makes sense to get the skyliner up and running earlier to avoid that.

Oh I want to also mention that there’s a sign in the food court that says there will be traditional Thanksgiving dinner served Thursday. They will also have the Macy’s parade on and then football all day. I’ll get a picture next time I go down there.

Question, the last time we were at pop the Reno's were still underway so we stayed in the 80s. We are booked for standard...is lake view 60s our best bet for nearness to skyliner/food court? Hippy dippy will be closed during our visit but I feel pool visitay be limited anyways in Jan lol

Question, the last time we were at pop the Reno's were still underway so we stayed in the 80s. We are booked for standard...is lake view 60s our best bet for nearness to skyliner/food court? Hippy dippy will be closed during our visit but I feel pool visitay be limited anyways in Jan lol
Yes, requesting 60’s lake view will be closest to both the Skyliner and Classic Hall.

Just booked 14 nights at disneyworld for 20th September in Pop Century Pool view. wasn't going to but have been regretting saying no for next year. The only difference will be going with the dining plan not deluxe dining plan. Any advise as I have been diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my knees.
I also suffer from osteoarthritis in both my knees and have RA effecting other areas. See how you feel as you get closer to your vacation. I would recommend that you consider now (so you can budget for) renting a motorized scooter from an outside vendor. You can rent one for your length of stay, it saves a lot of wear and tear on your knees.

DH and I always ask for building 8, but this time there were no rooms ready in that building, so we chose building 6 of the available alternatives, based on where a friend and I stay when we visit. I agree with others here that 6 is great, given its closeness to the food court - a shortcut we use is when getting off the bus at night, we just cut thru the food court out the back doors and that's the best route to building 6. Just look for the Mickey phone!

Has anyone stayed here when the football players are in town for pop Warner? I booked for 12/9-12 and wondering if I will regret it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter