Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeking opinions. We arrive at MCO 9:40AM 3/4, taking ME to Pop. We are going straight to the park once there, minus my mom who will be staying at the resort. Having our rooms ready isn't our highest priority, she can do other things until ready, but it would be a nice bonus. The problem is we have requested connecting rooms (aware not guaranteed), we are getting there before official check in time, and we want to request building 60s or 70s. Should we request 2 specific rooms through the TP room request fax, or would this decrease our chances of having as many of the above requests met? The other option would be to just do the standard online check in request of those buildings and our arrival time and hope for the best.
We got here last night at 7 and ended up in the 90's building, nothing in the 60's or 70's but they said they have some check outs today. I'd go to the front desk and make your request, then store my luggage, then off to the parks.

Does going in and to the desk help with requests being met versus just doing online check in? We were going to head straight to the parks but if it helps us get a better room we could stop and check in first.

That is my main complaint about Pop, the sound of jet toilets flushing (that and the thin, non-insulated walls). The toilets are loud and very noticeable, especially at night.
we’ve stayed at Pop over 100 nights and I cannot say this is a problem. Yes, we occasionally hear other people flush toilets but they’re only loud if I’m the one flushing! ;) Also rarely hear others through the walls unless the rare time there are inconsiderate neighbours.
What is the construction happening just outside of the luggage area and just left of the hotel facing the food court ?
Airline check-in desk improvements.
Seeking opinions. We arrive at MCO 9:40AM 3/4, taking ME to Pop. We are going straight to the park once there, minus my mom who will be staying at the resort. Having our rooms ready isn't our highest priority, she can do other things until ready, but it would be a nice bonus. The problem is we have requested connecting rooms (aware not guaranteed), we are getting there before official check in time, and we want to request building 60s or 70s. Should we request 2 specific rooms through the TP room request fax, or would this decrease our chances of having as many of the above requests met? The other option would be to just do the standard online check in request of those buildings and our arrival time and hope for the best.
I've had good success using TP.

Does going in and to the desk help with requests being met versus just doing online check in? We were going to head straight to the parks but if it helps us get a better room we could stop and check in first.
In my experience, yes. My last trip in October, we had not received a room ready text by 3pm so we headed to the front desk. The CM saw I had requested 60s building and changed us from the room we were assigned in 90s to an awesome location in 60s.

Your room is assigned days before your check in date, so it doesn't really matter how you check in. If you do online check in you may get your room assignment before you even get to the resort, then you can either call the number in the text if you want to try to change location or stop at the desk when you arrive. Online check in does not mean you can't also stop at the front desk at the resort.

Your room is assigned days before your check in date, so it doesn't really matter how you check in. If you do online check in you may get your room assignment before you even get to the resort, then you can either call the number in the text if you want to try to change location or stop at the desk when you arrive. Online check in does not mean you can't also stop at the front desk at the resort.

We're driving over from Universal and planning to do Epcot that day so I doubt we'll have a room assignment first since we'd be getting there around 10/11. However I'm thinking we'll stop at the desk then head out incase that helps.

We're driving over from Universal and planning to do Epcot that day so I doubt we'll have a room assignment first since we'd be getting there around 10/11. However I'm thinking we'll stop at the desk then head out incase that helps.

I've gotten them around 8/9am a few times, so it is possible. And two of those times we weren't happy with our room locations and were able to get it changed over the phone without having to physically go to the resort (second half of split stays, went straight to parks instead of having to get over to the second resort).

My preference is normally to stop at check-in and see if I can find out what building we are going to be in if I haven’t received a ‘your room is ready’ text. We need hypoallergenic sheets and towels due to a laundry detergent allergy so I try to ask as I know I’ll be asking for a room location change if we’re placed in buildings 2, 7, 8 or 9.

Not unheard of to get your room assignment that early. We usually arrive between 11:00 a.m. and noon. We drive and I usually indicate during online check-in that we will be arriving at 10:30. We've done online check-in for our last 4 trips. Two of those trips we got our room ready text by 10:00 or so (well before we arrived). Once we got the "you need to stop by the front desk" text at 10:00 (problem with our credit card that time). We stopped at the front desk around 10:15 to take care of that and got our room assignment. One time we got the "your room isn't quite ready yet" text by 10:30. We were actually running a little later than planned that day. We arrived on Disney property at 11:45 and got the "room ready" text as we got out of the car. And it was totally worth the wait because we got the room right next door to the specific room I had requested. I would have waited all day for that location.

If you get your room location via text and you don't like it, just stop at the front desk when you arrive to see if there's something else available that fits your needs. It's totally possible to get the room location/area by the time you arrive without doing anything in person. No reason to plan on going to the front desk if you don't want to.

I would do both. We did online check in for our trip in Dec but stopped at the front desk early in the AM and reiterated what we wanted, plus added another request for top floor. We told them we were in no hurry and headed to Epcot on the Skyliner. Got the text around 1, exactly what we wanted.

we’ve stayed at Pop over 100 nights and I cannot say this is a problem. Yes, we occasionally hear other people flush toilets but they’re only loud if I’m the one flushing! ;) Also rarely hear others through the walls unless the rare time there are inconsiderate neighbours.
I have better hearing than most, so yes, it is a problem and others in my party noticed it, too, every time we've stayed there. Glad it doesn't bother you. It does me.

I have better hearing than most, so yes, it is a problem and others in my party noticed it, too, every time we've stayed there. Glad it doesn't bother you. It does me.

As far as the flushing toilets go, I think it’s something your more likely to notice the first day or two and after that it seems much less noticable. I know that was the case for me at least.

My preference is normally to stop at check-in and see if I can find out what building we are going to be in if I haven’t received a ‘your room is ready’ text. We need hypoallergenic sheets and towels due to a laundry detergent allergy so I try to ask as I know I’ll be asking for a room location change if we’re placed in buildings 2, 7, 8 or 9.

Pretty much agree with what both of you are saying here. This summer will only be our second stay at the POP, but if we online check in and I’m not sure why we wouldn’t, and we don‘t have our room assigned yet, we will probably just go thru the main entrance. If the line at the desk is bad, we will probably go thru it. Since connecting rooms is our top priority it seems like talking directly with someone would be more useful. Also, does arriving earlier in the day increase your chances of being able to switch to a different rooms if your not happy with where they stick you? Or would it increase your chances of seeing if they had connecting rooms in a location that might be “better”?

Last edited:
As far as the flushing toilets go, I think it’s something your more likely to notice the first day or two and after that it seems much less noticable. I know that was the case for me at least.

Pretty much agree with what both of you are saying here. This summer will only be our second stay at the POP, but if we online check in and I’m not sure why we wouldn’t, and we don‘t have our room assigned yet, we will probably just go thru the main entrance. If the line at the desk is bad, we will probably go thru it. Since connecting rooms is our top priority it seems like talking directly with someone would be more useful. Also, does arriving earlier in the day increase your chances of being able to switch to a different rooms if your not happy with where they stick you? Or would it increase your chances of seeing if they had connecting rooms in a location that might be “better”?

I would think earlier would be better. Once people start getting their assignments and occupying rooms your options for moving start to decrease.

We would call house keeping and ask to have house keeping performed ASAP right before we left for the parks. Knowing we would come back mid day to a clean room was great.
Best idea ever! We always do this if we leave the room later in the morning or early afternoon, but never when we leave in the morning. They usually don't get to our room, or they are just starting on it when we get back later in the day.

I've used TP to request connecting rooms and gotten very close to what I wanted.
I always go to the desk to try and get what I want. We did have to change rooms today because when we did check in they gave us something in the 90's building, the furthest away from Skyliner.

I've also stayed over 20 nights post referb and ya I hear the toilets but they aren't loud. The only time I've heard neighbors is if I had a connecting door as well. Maybe a machine would help you out.

As you said you seem to have better hearing so for the average person those things aren't generally a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter