Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any room advice, have looked at maps and we booked a preferred room in August. We will be driving so prefer closer to parking lot and close to food court. Those all look further from skyliner but is it still not too far?

Things to consider with top floor vs ground floor etc? Which would be better?

Any room advice, have looked at maps and we booked a preferred room in August. We will be driving so prefer closer to parking lot and close to food court. Those all look further from skyliner but is it still not too far?

Things to consider with top floor vs ground floor etc? Which would be better?

Building 10 in the 70’s would be my choice to be close to parking. The 90’s parking lot would be closest for preferred in that building.

I always like ground floor myself. It’s just easy to open the door and go without having to make the effort to think about where the elevator or stairs are.

I would really love to do a monorail tour while we're on our vacation, but we're staying at Pop, and I just wanted to verify that our only real option is to go to the TTC and hop on it there? I had this fantastic idea of hopping on the Skyliner to Epcot and transferring there, but it's at a completely different entrance, and I assume there's no way to walk around, or it would be really far even if there was a way.

I would really love to do a monorail tour while we're on our vacation, but we're staying at Pop, and I just wanted to verify that our only real option is to go to the TTC and hop on it there? I had this fantastic idea of hopping on the Skyliner to Epcot and transferring there, but it's at a completely different entrance, and I assume there's no way to walk around, or it would be really far even if there was a way.
We take the Pop bus to the MK and get on the monorail there.

Yeah, if you aren't entering EPCOT, then Skyliner won't really work. If you are entering EPCOT for the day, or have a hopper, then you can walk through EPCOT to the front and hop on the Monorail then. We take the bus to MK and hop on the monorail there.

It's not too far to walk from Skyliner Epcot to the Monorail, at least I don't think so. You have to walk a quarter of the way to the Main Walkway and then go around by the land or by mission space. It depends on how far you think far is. We did fine with it several times.

What time do you catch the bus/Skyliner to make it to rope drop for the 4 parks. I’m just trying to figure out how long it takes to catch the bus, driving time, security, etc. We are going Feb 14-21, which is a very busy time.
Okay I checked with the CM's. It runs daily from 7:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. If either HS or Epcot closes late, it will run one hour past park closing. It will not run earlier than 7:30 for Early Morning Hours, and it will not run early for HS 7 a.m. openings. You will have to take a bus or use Lyft/Uber.

We will be staying at POP this June and I am wondering if we would be able to make an 8:10 reservation at the Trattoria on the Boardwalk using the Skyliner? We've usually only gone there for breakfast when staying at BC or BW, but now that other resorts have access to that area I'm hopeful. We won't have a car.....our current reservation is for 7:30, but I can adjust to a bit later (assuming that 7:30 would be out of the question if we are relying on the Skyliner)

It's not too far to walk from Skyliner Epcot to the Monorail, at least I don't think so. You have to walk a quarter of the way to the Main Walkway and then go around by the land or by mission space. It depends on how far you think far is. We did fine with it several times.

Yes, it's not super far but you will be using a park ticket and still at least 15 min through the park walking. Plus any lines to get in.

Honestly, I would just take Lyft or Uber to the Contemporary and jump on there.

Just came back from pop today! Sniff.

We got pixie dusted...original room assignment was in the 90s. I had to pick up our MBs on arrivals so I mentioned I wasn't super happy....she looked up our room requests and ta da! Was able to make our 60s Lakeview happen! Strongly recommend rooms in the 4440s. :) So central to everything.

Noise will mainly be determined by guests staying near/above you. I've had perfectly quiet rooms on 1st floor and crazy noisy ones on the 4th floor when guests beside us thought 2am was a great time to party. Any room can be quiet or loud so unfortunately location doesn't always matter. If you would prefer 1st floor due to scooter I'd request that.

That being said, we were on the 2nd floor last year and both my parents had scooters. We never waited more than 2 or 3 minutes and depending on how many people were already in the elevator, we sometimes needed to wait for 2 elevators. We never waited anywhere's close to 10-15 minutes!! Sorry this happened to you in the past!
Yes, the construction at the rear of Classic Hall towards the 50's section is the Resort Airline Check-in area refurbishment.
Thanks for your answer! I suppose it wont matter then i wont worry about it. Yeah we had a few times when there were just a lot of people coming and going and since my family takes up most of the elevator we had to wait awhile. I guess i was more concerned about noise of people walking by in first floor? I think ill go for floor four instead :)

Just came back from pop today! Sniff.

We got pixie dusted...original room assignment was in the 90s. I had to pick up our MBs on arrivals so I mentioned I wasn't super happy....she looked up our room requests and ta da! Was able to make our 60s Lakeview happen! Strongly recommend rooms in the 4440s. :) So central to everything.

That is our favorite location at Pop!! We were in rooms 4450 & 4451 on our first visit to Pop back in 2004. We felt like that was the perfect location as it was so close to everything (pool, food court, bus stops) yet it was very quiet and we could literally lay in bed at night and watch the fireworks at Epcot (I think the trees are probably too high for that now). And now there's the added bonus of being close to the Skyliner as well. Back then those rooms facing the lake were preferred rooms and we had booked standard rooms so we were really happy to get that Pixie Dust upgrade.

Does anyone know when they put out the activities calendar for February? Yes, I'm being impatient; we'll be there on Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter