Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
What time do you catch the bus/Skyliner to make it to rope drop for the 4 parks. I’m just trying to figure out how long it takes to catch the bus, driving time, security, etc. We are going Feb 14-21, which is a very busy time.

Take an Uber or Lyft and guarantee yourself you’ll get there without having to wait

What time do you catch the bus/Skyliner to make it to rope drop for the 4 parks. I’m just trying to figure out how long it takes to catch the bus, driving time, security, etc. We are going Feb 14-21, which is a very busy time.
i allow us 75-90 mins if I definitely want to be inside the park for RD, especially AK when we want to ride FoP as early as possible. Same with DHS to obtain a RotR Boarding Group.
You can, but your tea will sometimes taste coffee-ish. I think there's often residue of the coffee in the machine somehow.
Agree. Over time the plastic picks up a coffee taste I’ve found so even water passed through can have a faint coffee taste to me.

Take an Uber or Lyft and guarantee yourself you’ll get there without having to wait
While this will help you it still does not guarantee arrival for RD and adds a lot of expense not everyone has the budget for. Also, going to MK using Uber/Lyft means adding travel time from either the Contemporary or TTC.

You can, but your tea will sometimes taste coffee-ish. I think there's often residue of the coffee in the machine somehow.
That’s why I bring one of those coil submersion heaters with me, and a glass mug. I heat the water in the mug and make my tea in the disposable cups in the room. That way the glass mug stays clean for anyone to use and no coffee taste. I take them to any hotel when I won’t have a microwave in the room.

I'll be transferring to POP from a Uni hotel. DW is working a conference at Uni and I'm tagging along. I will probably Uber over during the day with our luggage and head to a park if our room isn't ready.

I know they will hold our luggage until the room is ready, but will they take it to the room for us (like DME) if we aren't there?

DW's conference goes until 4pm and we have an ADR at MK for 7, so we won't be getting back to POP until after HEA fireworks.

j

I know they will hold our luggage until the room is ready, but will they take it to the room for us (like DME) if we aren't there?
No. Only DME-processed luggage is delivered to assigned but unoccupied rooms. That's another perk specific/restricted to DME.

You can't tip of you're not in the room. :)

Back from 8 nights at Pop. We had two adjoining rooms for our family of 5.

Great things about the trip:
1. Rooms were clean and tidy. We declined Mousekeeping for the week and had no trouble getting new towels and taking out our trash. Yay $140 gift card!
2. Did Amazon Prime delivery for groceries, very easy, picked up our package at the luggage desk, no trouble.
3. The Skyliner is absolutely amazing, so easy and not crowded and so fast! LOVE it! Will be very difficult to stay at a resort not on the Skyliner in the future
4. Never had to go to the front desk ever for our trip, which was awesome
5. Used UBER 3 times for rope drop to HS and one morning for breakfast, super easy.

Not so great things about the trip:
1. Arrived at resort at 12:15 and when we returned to our rooms at 9:30 at night, none of our luggage had been delivered yet. Had to go wait in a very very long line at the luggage desk to retrieve our luggage. Probably will never do DME luggage again.
2. Had absolutely AWFUL neighbors, dad screamed at kids so loudly each night, seriously frightening how awful he sounded. If I were his kids I would have cried all night too. Okay, I know this is not the resorts fault, but it seriously sucked for the 5 nights we had a common wall with this family.
3. Food Court was mass chaos the few times we ran in to get a sweet treat, I am glad we never had to eat a meal in there.

We are a park heavy family, we literally were in our rooms only to shower and sleep. I would absolutely stay at POP again when I plan to tour the parks heavily. Rooms are small but efficient. Two rooms was perfect for our family of 5. We stayed in building 2 of the 50's and I felt like it was a quick walk to buses and to Skyliner. All in all a fantastic trip!

Had to go wait in a very very long line at the luggage desk to retrieve our luggage. Probably will never do DME luggage again.
This is a product of Luggage Assistance and Resort Airline Check-In both being crammed into one space while the construction continues on expanding the Resort Airline Check-In area.

This is a product of Luggage Assistance and Resort Airline Check-In both being crammed into one space while the construction continues on expanding the Resort Airline Check-In area.
Luggage Assistance is one area at Pop I would like to see reviewed and see how improvements can be made. I find it quite normal to wait 30 plus minutes there which is longer than most times I need to wait in a queue at other Disney locations. Not sure what the solution is. Staffing? Organizing? (DME, luggage drop off/pick up, Grocery pickup, currently airline luggage drop off, ECV and stroller pick-up/drop-off all happen in this one little area) So many different things seem to be happening in this one little area!

Luggage Assistance is one area at Pop I would like to see reviewed and see how improvements can be made.
I was planning on heading over in the morning (9ish), dropping luggage and heading to a park until later in the evening. It sounds like I may want to wait until check in time to bring luggage over from Uni instead of 30+ minute waits to drop off/pick up.

j

Arriving April 29th have a preferred room and looking for suggestions of a room/bldg that is close to busses or skyway and main bldg....TIA

I was planning on heading over in the morning (9ish), dropping luggage and heading to a park until later in the evening. It sounds like I may want to wait until check in time to bring luggage over from Uni instead of 30+ minute waits to drop off/pick up.

j
The challenge with this is you don't really know when your room will be ready. I've advised of a 2pm check-in time and had my room ready then; waited an hourish and another time the room wasn't ready until almost 7pm. There is no guarantee when your room will actually be ready so you may not wish to wait as you could spend valuable park time waiting at the resort.

Arriving April 29th have a preferred room and looking for suggestions of a room/bldg that is close to busses or skyway and main bldg....TIA
Preferred rooms are categorized that way as they are all close to transportation. The 60's are closest to both but also have the least numbers of Preferred rooms available. You won't be far from transportation with a Preferred room.

1. Rooms were clean and tidy. We declined Mousekeeping for the week and had no trouble getting new towels and taking out our trash. Yay $140 gift card!
I'm new the board, and this is the first I'm hearing of this. How did you go about getting it? As someone from a resort town, I understand how difficult it is to keep enough housekeepers employed.

I have never stayed at resort. Want Best room in Hotel with No connected rooms. Can I request. What are the best rooms. Also do they ref ridges in the rooms???

I'm new the board, and this is the first I'm hearing of this. How did you go about getting it?
when you check in online, read everything. There should be a section allowing you to opt out of housekeeping. If you check in in person and the CM doesn't offer it, ask.
I have never stayed at resort. Want Best room in Hotel with No connected rooms. Can I request. What are the best rooms. Also do they ref ridges in the rooms???
Yes, there are refrigerators in all rooms. You could just request "best room in hotel" but everybody has a different opinion. Request the featue(s) that make a room "best" to you, and do not mention connecting.

No. Only DME-processed luggage is delivered to assigned but unoccupied rooms. That's another perk specific/restricted to DME.

You can't tip of you're not in the room. :)

So this is what I thought too but I stayed at AoA in December and our [resort transfer, not DME] luggage was delivered to our unoccupied room. Not sure if it varies by resort or is simply a YMMV situation or if we just got a bit of pixie dust.

I'm doing a five resort hop (over 6 nights) this March so I'm putting this to the test. Pop is resort #2.

So this is what I thought too but I stayed at AoA in December and our [resort transfer, not DME] luggage was delivered to our unoccupied room. Not sure if it varies by resort or is simply a YMMV situation or if we just got a bit of pixie dust.

I'm doing a five resort hop (over 6 nights) this March so I'm putting this to the test. Pop is resort #2.
My understanding is that non-DME luggage may be delivered to your room if you request it but there is no guarantee. I asked for this last time. When we arrived at our room around 7:30pm none of our luggage was there. I went to luggage services to pick it up. They had half and the other half was out for delivery. It’s worth requesting it be delivered to your room.

We ended up with 1 too few DME luggage tags, so carried one of our bags back on DME with us. When we arrived at Pop, our room wasn't ready, so we left that and one of our carry-on bags with Bell Services. They actually volunteered to deliver it to our room while we were out when our DME bags arrived. It was really nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter