Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are staying at POP in May and have tickets for EMM at MK. For people who stayed at POP and did this events, did the busses run early enough or did you use an UBER? The park opens at 9:00 but we need to be there by 7:30. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

We are staying at POP in May and have tickets for EMM at MK. For people who stayed at POP and did this events, did the busses run early enough or did you use an UBER? The park opens at 9:00 but we need to be there by 7:30. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

We boarded the bus at 6:30 am then the bus waited 5 minutes for additional guests. We arrived at MK security exactly at 7am. Just to give you a timeframe.

But the Monorail resorts can ONLY access Epcot by Monorail and some Guests are "petrified" of riding the "Highway in the Sky".:)

I do think because of the "nature" of Gondolas,there is a good chance "limited" bus service of some sort may still be offered.

I really think however that the percentage of Guests who will not want to ride Skyliner will be very small-just Guests who have SERIOUS height and/or claustrophobia issues.

The advantages of Skyliner over buses is just going to be too great for most Guests to "turn it down":

No more standing at a Bus Stop waiting for the bus!(The Skyliner will continuously load.)

No more walking long distances from the Park Bus Stops to the turnstiles(At DHS,Skyliner Guests will be closer than any bus to the turnstiles and at Epcot Skyliner Guests will be steps away from the turnstiles at IG.)

Most Guests will view Skyliner as their first Attraction of the day!("Flying over Hourglass Lake will be seen as very GROOVY by most Guests.)

Skyliner will provide Guests with unique views of parts of WDW(if the timing is right maybe even a Gondola View of DHS and/or Epcot fireworks!).

No more being "packed like sardines" on a bus at Park Open and Park Close.:)
I know the gondolas are continuously loading, but don't you think there will still be a long line to get on one? I'm leery of that

I know the gondolas are continuously loading, but don't you think there will still be a long line to get on one? I'm leery of that
Personally, around park opening and park closing I believe a line will form but it will also be continually moving so I don't think it will be a long line.

This afternoon, I called to modify our 3 nights at Beach Club 3/7/20-3/10/20 to Pop Century. I requested Preferred Pool View and the CM was shocked that they were all already booked.

Went ahead and got a Preferred room with requests for 1st floor ‘60s Building for ease of strollers and running littles.

We really wanted to stay at Beach Club, but between having extra space (Murphy bed), the Skyliner, and the price, we opted for Pop.

Doing so, we went from one night’s deposit for Beach Club Standard View of $680, to the three nights at Pop being fully paid for $659.

The difference will cover the Deluxe Dining Plan for this leg of the trip plus a Dooney & Bourke bag.

Hi there. I am staying at Pop April 3-9 for the Star Wars Rival Run Weekend. I am not sure if this has been asked or not, but I was wondering if there was anywhere at Pop that I could get distilled water? I need it for medical reasons. Thank you

Hi there. I am staying at Pop April 3-9 for the Star Wars Rival Run Weekend. I am not sure if this has been asked or not, but I was wondering if there was anywhere at Pop that I could get distilled water? I need it for medical reasons. Thank you
Yes, they carry distilled water for CPAP machines in the food court. If you can't find it, you may ask for it. I think it's around $6-$8 for a huge container that you will probably barely put a dent in if it's for CPAP.

Great points.
But if they continue to run the same number of buses at the same frequency,what was the point of building Skyliner unless they are just planning on increasing room rates to cover the entire cost.
I believe they will keep the same number of buses while still employing the gondolas to help with the incredible crowds at the end of each park day, if not the beginnings.

This afternoon, I called to modify our 3 nights at Beach Club 3/7/20-3/10/20 to Pop Century. I requested Preferred Pool View and the CM was shocked that they were all already booked.

I think I solved the mystery of no Preferred Pool View rooms being available. Today, I got an email from Disney saying the Hippy Dippy pool will be undergoing refurbishment while we are there. Preferred Construction View would’ve been okay. We wanted it more for the location than the actual view. :crazy:

Will be staying at Pop for one night in late September, going to MNSSHP! Has anyone had any problems getting an early check in there? We will be arriving probably around 10 in the morning and would like to get a good nap in before the Halloween Party! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter