Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Is there anyone at Pop that would be willing to take a picture of the magic band selection for me? The online selection is slim pickins. I'm trying to decided if we should get them there at pop on arrival day or wait until we go to the MK the next day. Thank you in advanced for any advice and pics. :flower:

Anyone rope drop AK for ETPH from Pop? Trying to decide how early to show up for the bus and when they start running. 530a seems stupid early but if a line exists by 6a....
As the boomers would say, I “did my own research” this morning.

Arrived at bus 535, not a soul around. Family of 8 arrived a couple minutes later (can you imagine getting that group out the door at that hour?!)

AK bus pulled up 541 and departed for the park at 542. Only me and the other family.

We were the first bus to arrive! Was first in line at security, which opened at 615.

Started letting us in at maybe 655? But walked off FOP at 734. I don’t rush like some of the psychos but casually walked and had no problems.

I have family there now. Wanted to add a data point. They got in line for the skyliner sometime right around 6:45-6:50, was boarding when she was trying to book LL at 7am and was through security by 7:14 at HS…I was seriously impressed! I fully expected there to be huge backup!

Does the resort still sell limited grocery items (i.e., containers of milk and OJ, bread, etc) I am thinking we will make breakfast in the rooms so to save time from having to maneuver the food court in the mornings. I can only get up so early after a long Disney day.
They did not have bread in June or December. I packed the bread rounds that are flat for PB&J and that worked well. We did find that you could buy bread at the resorts that have DVC such as the Contemporary and Poly. They had a better selection of actual food items.

I stayed at POP! Sunday 3/20. I didn't make a room request and did online check in. The room was fab - clean and modern, with a very comfy bed (more so than expected!), and the walk-in shower was a huge bonus. I didn't use the table bed but I did pull it down out of curiosity. It was super easy, even with a coffee in one hand.
I arrived around 11pm and the 90's area was quiet all night. The huge computer decorating my building was even kind of pretty lit up/overlooking the pool! The luggage services team was excellent - I had a few interactions with them over the course of the day. The walk to the Skyliner from the main building was shorter than it looked on the map.

The resort music quickly started to get on my nerves, though -- more than I would have thought possible. Why? The theme, of course, was Pop songs. Unfortunately, it wasn't "pop music's greatest hits," - it was "pop radio's most overplayed." (For example, I heard that Dawson's Creek song ["I don't want to wait..."] at least twice that day and I really wish I hadn't. But, the room was great!
LOL, that's too bad- I did at least like that the buses played the theme song to "Grease" more than once.

Art of Animation was the one that really ground my gears last time, as I had to stay in the main hall for an hour once and I swear they play the same four songs over and over again.

LOL, that's too bad- I did at least like that the buses played the theme song to "Grease" more than once.

Art of Animation was the one that really ground my gears last time, as I had to stay in the main hall for an hour once and I swear they play the same four songs over and over again.

I agree on the playlist at AoA. We've stayed there on our last few visits and you can't get through a meal in the food court without hearing the same song twice. I'm not sure why they can't add a few more songs to the list. Although I will admit that any time I hear "Life Is a Highway" or "You Might Think" on the radio, it immediately reminds me of being at Disney. :)

I agree on the playlist at AoA. We've stayed there on our last few visits and you can't get through a meal in the food court without hearing the same song twice. I'm not sure why they can't add a few more songs to the list. Although I will admit that any time I hear "Life Is a Highway" or "You Might Think" on the radio, it immediately reminds me of being at Disney. :)
I just wish they’d play the originals, not the Kidz Bop versions, lol.

If you check in at the lobby instead of online can you still make a room request? Or do they decided your room number in advance? I would like to make a request for the 50s or 70s buildings. We booked a preferred room and I rather not stay in the 60s buildings. I feel like that area will be the loudest due to the pool. We're arriving in the morning.

If you check in at the lobby instead of online can you still make a room request? Or do they decided your room number in advance? I would like to make a request for the 50s or 70s buildings. We booked a preferred room and I rather not stay in the 60s buildings. I feel like that area will be the loudest due to the pool. We're arriving in the morning.

Even if you don't do online check-in, I'd expect there to be a room assigned to you before you arrive. But you can always ask for a different room, too.

If you have a preferred room booked and you get assigned to the 60s, you won't be near the Hippy Dippy Pool. Those are the preferred pool rooms, which is a different booking.

Rooms are assigned a week (or maybe longer) before you arrive, but you can still go to the front desk when you arrive and make a request then. It just might be more difficult for them to find you a room there than it would be if you called the Disney reservation number and had them enter your request in advance. If you call and make a request phone, you can still check in online, just leave the request section blank, or you can check in at the desk on arrival. Doesn't matter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter