Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

We were there in the fall and at that time they had a pumpkin scavenger hunt.
Last year they had a scavenger hunt for music notes corresponding to Disney songs.

They change the theming of the scavenger hunt periodically, the current month's themes will be shown on the recreation schedules. This month:
  • Summer Sing-along Scavenger Hunt (French Quarter, daily) — It’s summertime at Port Orleans French Quarter, and we are inviting you to join in as we celebrate some of our favorite Disney songs! We’ve hidden a symphony of music notes around the Resort, each one representing a favorite Disney movie with songs that keep us humming and singing along. Visit the Front Desk to pick up your clue guide. Once you’ve found all the music notes, return your completed clue guide to the Front Desk to collect a sweet summertime surprise!
  • SassagoulaSelfie Scavenger Hunt (Riverside, 9am—5pm daily) — Grab a map and join in on an exciting selfie scavenger hunt around Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside. To get started, visit the Riverside Levee from 9am—5pm. Be sure to share your selfies with the hashtags #SassagoulaSelfie and #PortOrleans.
Andre

They change the theming of the scavenger hunt periodically, the current month's themes will be shown on the recreation schedules. This month:
  • Summer Sing-along Scavenger Hunt (French Quarter, daily) — It’s summertime at Port Orleans French Quarter, and we are inviting you to join in as we celebrate some of our favorite Disney songs! We’ve hidden a symphony of music notes around the Resort, each one representing a favorite Disney movie with songs that keep us humming and singing along. Visit the Front Desk to pick up your clue guide. Once you’ve found all the music notes, return your completed clue guide to the Front Desk to collect a sweet summertime surprise!
  • SassagoulaSelfie Scavenger Hunt (Riverside, 9am—5pm daily) — Grab a map and join in on an exciting selfie scavenger hunt around Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside. To get started, visit the Riverside Levee from 9am—5pm. Be sure to share your selfies with the hashtags #SassagoulaSelfie and #PortOrleans.
Andre
How fun!!!

I'm finally getting around to DISboards since my trip over 4th of July. Our room was very spacious for 2 of us. Mousekeeping was really on cue with our comings and goings. I never had to call to request anything or had them knocking while we were sleeping or taking naps. I have this problem all the time at other resorts. So our stay was quiet and relaxing.
I mentioned in a previous post that I'm from New Orleans and was interested to see how Disney's beignets were. I ordered one to go. Here's why...beignets are made to order. After they come out of the fryer, the beignets go in the bag with a big scoop of powdered sugar. Then the top part of the bag is rolled closed, so that the bag is filled with air. This is to shake the sugar to stick to the beignets. When I went to eat them, I laid the bag down and ripped it open long ways. This is so I could get a good amount of sugar while I ate. Being a New Orleans native, everyone has their own way of eating beignets and tricks to not getting sugar all over you when you eat them. Lets be honest, it's messy! Cautious tip...since they are made to order and come straight out of the fryer. They are super HOT! Make sure you don't let you kids jump in and start eating right away. Check the temperature of them first!
I absolutely loved Disney's beignets! They were thick, fried for the perfect amount of time and yes, I did go back to get a second order. Cafe Du Monde has been slacking here lately. Over frying them to where the edges are too crispy and not changing the grease out on the fryer when needed. My only thing now is that everytime I go back to Disney, I have to make a special stop now to eat beignets!
Several years ago I was visiting NOLA and was taken to Morning Call in City Park for beignets. I thought theirs were better than Cafe Du Monde. I think I heard it closed down tho

Several years ago I was visiting NOLA and was taken to Morning Call in City Park for beignets. I thought theirs were better than Cafe Du Monde. I think I heard it closed down tho
Morning Call was really good. My favorite is at Manning’s on Fulton Street. They put powdered sugar, caramel drizzle and candied pecans on them. They are delicious!

What is the picture thread for Riverside called again? We stayed back in June and would like to include some images.

I just notices your avatar! I have 3 dachsie too - Dachsies and Disney - that is me too! LOL
I'm obsessed with dachsies. I stalk the breeder's website to see her new puppies all the time. If you get a chance, look up Splendor Farms in Bush, Louisiana. She has a facebook site too that everyone posts pics of their dogs that they got from her.

I am doing a solo trip for Christmas week this year. Which resort PORS or POFQ do you think will be "slightly" more relaxed in terms of food court and buses? I am a late sleeper and always close out whatever park I am in so my timings are different than most families.

Thanks!

PS - @dachsie and @hhhaleybird, I have two doxies!

I am doing a solo trip for Christmas week this year. Which resort PORS or POFQ do you think will be "slightly" more relaxed in terms of food court and buses? I am a late sleeper and always close out whatever park I am in so my timings are different than most families.

Thanks!

I absolutely love POFQ Christmas week! It’s such a relaxing escape from the parks. :)

Quick question from a lazy, old guy: Do they have waiter/waitress service for drinks at the POFQ pool? Or do you have to go to the bar to order them?

Thanks!

French Quarter.

Quick question from a lazy, old guy: Do they have waiter/waitress service for drinks at the POFQ pool? Or do you have to go to the bar to order them?
You get them yourself at the bar. There is no pool-side service.

Since the beignets were recently discussed I can’t let the opportunity pass without mentioning the sundae - it came with 3 beignets and your choice of ice cream flavors. We got chocolate and it was sooooo good. My new favorite treat! It was huge - plenty big for two hungry adults after the parks closed 😊

View attachment 419726

Since the beignets were recently discussed I can’t let the opportunity pass without mentioning the sundae - it came with 3 beignets and your choice of ice cream flavors. We got chocolate and it was sooooo good. My new favorite treat! It was huge - plenty big for two hungry adults after the parks closed 😊
That sundae is delicious!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter