• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Someone just asked me on Twitter about a direct bus service between POR and Fort Wilderness after 4pm (for Hoop Dee Doo) which apparently All Ears mentions. I've never heard of such a thing, has anyone else ever seen a direct bus for Ft Wilderness, or is it a mistake on the AE site?

Andre
I remember that but it was many years ago. I think it was still Dixie Landings.
If you Google "bus from Dixie Landings to Fort Wilderness" you'll find a thread from 2009 that mentions it.

Last edited:
Someone just asked me on Twitter about a direct bus service between POR and Fort Wilderness after 4pm (for Hoop Dee Doo) which apparently All Ears mentions. I've never heard of such a thing, has anyone else ever seen a direct bus for Ft Wilderness, or is it a mistake on the AE site?

Andre

I was about to respond that I saw someone asking on Facebook, but I realize it was you that asked!

FWIW i've never heard it mentioned before. I think the person above that said it's outdated is probably correct.

Andre

I've never done HDDR, but I have heard of there being a bus to take people back to their resorts after the 2nd and 3rd shows.

I am really hoping to get a room in the mansion section next year. Just want a change from the AB section we stayed at with our first visit. With only three of us on the reservation, I keep telling myself that my chances of mansion section was good. But I also want a room in close proximity to the other family that is coming with us too, and they will have either three or four people max in their room.

I've never done HDDR, but I have heard of there being a bus to take people back to their resorts after the 2nd and 3rd shows.
Disney no longer runs buses to the resorts after the show is over. They have the Wilderness Lodge bus pick guests up at the Settlement bus stop and take them to the MK bus depot. From there they can get a bus back to their resort. It is a very quick ride from the Settlement stop to MK.

The Settlement bus stop is the one closest to Pioneer Hall where Hoop Dee Doo is held.

Debating between POR and POFQ for a stay this coming May. Was wondering for those that have stayed at both, why you prefer POR? (We have stayed at POR but never POFQ)
we just don't care for the theme at FQ,just our personal taste.

Debating between POR and POFQ for a stay this coming May. Was wondering for those that have stayed at both, why you prefer POR? (We have stayed at POR but never POFQ)
We have stayed at both and love each of them. French Quarter is nice and compact and you really never have to worry about room location and it is beautiful at night. I personally think the food court is better at Riverside. The landscaping at Riverside is gorgeous as well. But the tipping point for us to choosing Riverside more often is the quiet pools. We love to come back after the parks at night and go swimming and at French Quarter you can't because of pool hours but at Riverside you can swim in the quiet pools. I know you can walk from French Quarter to Riverside and use their pools but we just don't want to walk anymore after a day in the parks. :confused3

I booked a room for 5...does this mean I'll automatically get Alligator Bayou with the pull down bed? or could I be assigned another section?

We have a 6 night stay here at POR coming up in August followed by 8 nights in a villa. We can't check into the villa until 4 pm. I was wondering if POR will hold our luggage for us after checkout until we are able to go to the villa......Hanging out at the pool would be a great way to end off our Disney stay. Also, if they will hold our luggage, is the area air conditioned....my DD14 is diabetic and we would have insulin in our baggage which would not do well in the Fl heat. We can use a cooler for it if we have to but if the area was air conditioned, that would be ideal.

We have a 6 night stay here at POR coming up in August followed by 8 nights in a villa. We can't check into the villa until 4 pm. I was wondering if POR will hold our luggage for us after checkout until we are able to go to the villa......Hanging out at the pool would be a great way to end off our Disney stay. Also, if they will hold our luggage, is the area air conditioned....my DD14 is diabetic and we would have insulin in our baggage which would not do well in the Fl heat. We can use a cooler for it if we have to but if the area was air conditioned, that would be ideal.

Absolutely - people do it all the time when they have evening flights. The luggage hold area is indoors, so I would assume it's air-conditioned.

my DD14 is diabetic and we would have insulin in our baggage which would not do well in the Fl heat. We can use a cooler for it if we have to but if the area was air conditioned, that would be ideal.

They have a large fridge at Bell Services for just that sort of situation, you can ask them to store your medication separately in there. They will store your luggage as long as you need them to.

Andre

We have booked to stay at POR in January for 7 nights, then move to the Poly for 3 nights.

If we place an order with Garden Grocer at the start of our stay at POR, can Disney move cold items (like milk or yogurt) to the second resort like they do your luggage? I had assumed that they don't, but then read the above thread that seemed to indicate that they do...or maybe only medicine?

Also, do people let Disney move things like laptops? We don't have a rental car, so we are trying to figure out how we will manage our move.

Thank you in advance for any advice you can offer.

can Disney move cold items (like milk or yogurt) to the second resort like they do your luggage? I had assumed that they don't, but then read the above thread that seemed to indicate that they do...or maybe only medicine?

Yes they can keep stuff refrigerated at both resorts for you, best if you put it all in one carrier bag for them. I'm not sure whether the van transporting between resorts would be cooled though, or maybe they might have some sort of cold box?

Andre

They have a large fridge at Bell Services for just that sort of situation, you can ask them to store your medication separately in there. They will store your luggage as long as you need them to.

Andre
Thanks! That is really helpful to know and expands our options.:)

Does anyone know if there are any sort of renovations taking place right now? I know there's nothing on the website, but I read 2 different reviews from this past week mentioning room renovations.

Does anyone know if there are any sort of renovations taking place right now? I know there's nothing on the website, but I read 2 different reviews from this past week mentioning room renovations.

No room refurbs at Port Orleans at the moment, but French Quarter will be next (later in the year), then POR Alligator Bayou, then POR mansions.

Andre

Hi all POR fans!
We're staying at POR, and I want to make sure I have the following info correct:

1. POR and POFQ are sister resorts. POR guests can use POFQ pool and vice-versa?
2. If I have a refillable mug purchased at POR, can I use it during that stay at POFQ? Will it work in the freestyle machines?
3. Is thre a place to fill up mug by the POR pool? Can it be refilled at Muddy River?
4. Walk from POR preferred in Alligator Bayou to Sassagoula in POFQ should be about .6-.75 miles or roughly 15-18 minutes?
5. Can I park at either POR or POFQ or only at POR? Will my MB open the POFQ gate?

Anyone here head to POFQ for breakfast for variety sake?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter