• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

1. POR and POFQ are sister resorts. POR guests can use POFQ pool and vice-versa?
"YES"
2. If I have a refillable mug purchased at POR, can I use it during that stay at POFQ? Will it work in the freestyle machines?
"The mug works at any Disney resort foodcourt"
3. Is thre a place to fill up mug by the POR pool? Can it be refilled at Muddy River
"If it is like POFQ the bartender will give you a cup of soda for you to pour into the mug. Food/Health laws keep them from pouring it into the mug The food court in either isn't a big walk from the pools"

4. Walk from POR preferred in Alligator Bayou to Sassagoula in POFQ should be about .6-.75 miles or roughly 15-18 minutes?" Maybe less depending on the paths you use. Cutting through courtyards can cut down time"
5. Can I park at either POR or POFQ or only at POR? Will my MB open the POFQ gate?
"Sorry no help:
Anyone here head to POFQ for breakfast for variety sake?"Did the opposite on a trip or 2"

Last edited:
Hi all POR fans!
We're staying at POR, and I want to make sure I have the following info correct:

1. POR and POFQ are sister resorts. POR guests can use POFQ pool and vice-versa?
2. If I have a refillable mug purchased at POR, can I use it during that stay at POFQ? Will it work in the freestyle machines?
3. Is thre a place to fill up mug by the POR pool? Can it be refilled at Muddy River?
4. Walk from POR preferred in Alligator Bayou to Sassagoula in POFQ should be about .6-.75 miles or roughly 15-18 minutes?
5. Can I park at either POR or POFQ or only at POR? Will my MB open the POFQ gate?

Anyone here head to POFQ for breakfast for variety sake?

1) Yes. Both themed pools are open to everyone in both FQ and Riverside

2) Yes, and all resorts.

3) According to Andre's website, refillable mugs can not be refilled at any pool bars, even if they offer soda.

http://www.portorleans.org/mugs.php

4) I did that, I don't remember how long it took, because I went SLOW! It's, in my opinion, the best walk anywhere on Disney Property.

5) the gate encompasses all of PO, not just R or FQ. Once you're in, you can turn left to go to Riverside, or right to go to French Quarter

Bonus question: The beignets at Sassagoula Floatworks in FQ are really good! My only complaint is that they don't sell them at Riverside.

Hi all POR fans!
We're staying at POR, and I want to make sure I have the following info correct:

3. Is thre a place to fill up mug by the POR pool? Can it be refilled at Muddy River?
4. Walk from POR preferred in Alligator Bayou to Sassagoula in POFQ should be about .6-.75 miles or roughly 15-18 minutes?

Anyone here head to POFQ for breakfast for variety sake?

Going over to POFQ this morning for beignets! Yummy! :love::love:

Just returned home today(boo) from our family vacation at Riverside. We were there from 6/6-6/15. I had posted earlier about being disappointed in our room but everything ended up being fine. I know some worry about how far the buildings are from the food court and it really is not that bad. We had a farther building in alligator bayou and we were in building 34. I timed the distance and time one morning from our door to the food court and it was about 5 1/2 minutes and around .30 miles. We didn't mind the walk as every morning we would walk over to the French Quarter and back. As far as the busses go they were great, we usually some how managed to time it that a bus was also there when we needed it. Most days we did not wait more than 5 minutes. One day was bad with a wait of over 40 minutes(not sure what happened there, but that was our only bad experience all trip). We had a great trip and my husband and I will return in November and hoping for a family trip in 2018. Any questions, I will try and answer.

It really is all relative isn't it. We were in building 34 as well and I hated it. I got lost multiple times walking from the food court to our room. I'm not sure I would ever stay in this resort again unless in a preferred location. The walk can be long. I've seen others say the walk is about 5 1/2 mins. We found it to be much farther. I guess it depends on your normal walking speed. I'm a pretty slow walker especially after walking all day in the park. Not counting the multiple times I got lost I think it took us at least 10 mins (probably closer to 15 mins) to get from the food court to our room.

Last edited:
So tonight I lost my wallet at POR and some very honest person turned it in for me.
If you happen to be that person, first off thank you!
Second lmk where you found it and if you are still here, I would like to get you a gift card or something for turning it in with everything still inside.

As far as my trip so far, there have been ups and downs but here at POR everything has been great.
I'll give a detailed review later on

Do you happen to know which ones? I can't think of any besides CSR and BLT. Not that I don't believe you, it's for my own knowledge.
Pool bars with refill stations:
Yacht and Beach Club - Hurricane Hanna's
Wilderness Lodge - Geyser Point
Grand Floridian - Beach pool
Old Key West - by main pool

Anyone in Alligator Bayou right now? If so, what building are you in and do you like its location?

We are first timers to POR and I'm having a hard time deciding which AB building to request. I know that my request may not be fulfilled, but I'm going to try anyway. We are staying in a Garden Room.

Thank you!

Anyone in Alligator Bayou right now? If so, what building are you in and do you like its location?

We are first timers to POR and I'm having a hard time deciding which AB building to request. I know that my request may not be fulfilled, but I'm going to try anyway. We are staying in a Garden Room.

Thank you!

The thing is though, that what one person likes about their location may be something that you wouldn't like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter